Regarding Attestation of Marriage certificate and birth certificate

Hi ,

I wanted to go for Attestation of Marriage certificate and birth certificate to Indian embassy in KL for my Family Dependent pass.

DO any how experience how to make it.

Please do share with us.

Thanks
Arjun K

Hi,

For attestation and birth certificate visit BLS center for Indian Embassy.

More details in BLS website.

http://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/

Translation and attestation needs to be done in India before CTC can be done at your High Commission  in Malaysia.

From their website

https://www.indianhighcommission.com.my … cate.html#

Attestation of Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate/ Death Certificate/ true copy of passport:

Duly Completed application   SERVICE FORM- click here for   MISC. SERVICE FORM.

Photographs -Two recent passport size ( 5 cm x 5 cm) 

Original passport and its photocopy (1st, last, valid visa and other endorsement pages)

One photocopy of the certificate duly attested by Attestation Section/Apostle Cell, Ministry of External Affairs, Jawahar Lal Nehru Bhawan, Janapath Marg, New Delhi-110011. ( alternatively it can be got attested from MEA Branch Offices at Chennai, Guwahati, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Panaji or RPOs in Bangalore, Chandigarh, Goa, Mumbai and Trivandrum.
Note: Please note that all original documents/copies requiring attestation or Apostille should be first authenticated by the designated authorities of the State/Union Territory from where the document has been issued. In case of personal documents, Home/General Administration Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory are the designated authorities. The same certificate/document should then be apostilled /attested by Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi or its branch offices as stated above before submission to High Commission for attestation.
Details of Regional Authentication Centres (RACs) in the States/Union Territories from where the documents should first be authenticated and for procedure for attestation in India, please see http://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm.

In case attested true copy of the document is required, original need to be presented for scrutiny.
In case the document originated from any Malaysian Institution, prior attestation from Malaysian Foreign Affairs, Wisma Putra is required. All Malay documents are required to be translated in to English and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

There is some instruction also at this discussion about the process in India.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=741064

Hi Arjun,

The above post by Gravitas mentions about getting attestation done in India. But, that is not required if your name as spouse is present in wife's passport or vice versa. If that is so, then it is a simple process to get the attestation done here in KL.

I have done it and so am able to help you in this matter.

Step 1: Check if the marriage certificate and birth certificate are in english. If it is not in english, then you will need to get it translated and attested by a notary.

Step 2: Make a copy of the marriage certificate, birth certificates, first page, last page, visa page of yours, spouses and childrens passport.

Step 3: Keep ready cash of 58 RM per attestation.

Step 4: Visit BLS Malaysia office which is near to LRT Sultan Ismail, next to Tune Hotel, anytime till 1.30 noon to submit the copies, original and xerox and a photo of each applicant. You will receive a receipt.

Step 5: After five days, the attestation will be ready, and you can collect after 3 pm till 5 pm.

Thanks,
Vijay

VJK - you are the only person reporting this information and there have been quite a few recent cases and questions on this issue.

Could I just ask you did the BLS simple attestation get accepted by the immigration department?

Did you receive the Dependent Passes that were applied for?

Yes, I got the attestation done.
And, then it was given to my office which then used it and I got the dependant passes.

In the BLS website, there is one clause which clarifies this:
http://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/marria … attest.php

The relevant statement is given below:

Note: Please take note that endorsement of Ministry of External Affairs on Marriage Certificate is required if Spouse name already endorsed in spouse passport.

Sorry, this is the relevant statement:
Marriage certificate should be attested by Ministry of External Affairs in India or its branch offices.
Or
Spouse name should be endorsed in one of the spouse passport

The statement mentioned in my last post is only in the case of attestation when married to Malaysian citizen.

Thank you - this is good information.

One other question - were your DPs already in Malaysia or had they remained in India during the application process?

For the first time application for dependant pass, they were in India.

The immigration here issued a letter as a pdf document for a temporary single entry visa.
In Chennai, my wife went to VFS Global to get the stamping done on the passport for the visa for single entry to Malaysia valid for one month. They had to pay around 3500 Rs per visa.

After they reached Malaysia, there passports were submitted to the office and a sum of 721 RM (500 for MDec charges and 190 for immigration fees) for each dependant pass was paid by me and the office submitted the passports for stamping of the dependant pass valid till the duration of my employment pass. It tool a couple of weeks to get it done.

For the renewal of dependant pass, they were in Malaysia,

No attestation is required for renewal.

And, along with my employment pass renewal, their passport applications were sent by office for renewal of dependant pass. And same amout of 721 RM per pass was paid by me for the renewal.

If the DPs are in Malaysia, then it is still possible to get the first time dependant pass done. But there will be a penalty of extra 500 RM to be paid for the "journey already done" fees.

Hi VJK,

I need my Birth certificate to be translated From Tamil to English. where can be done? it can be done within Malaysia? or it can be done only in India? and then only can apply for attestation from Embassy through BLS International?

HI,
You can approach any Tamil court interpreter in Malaysia to do the interpretation.

You can either go to the Shah Alam Court Complex, Jalan Duta Court Complex or the Petaling Jaya Majistrate Court and look for an interpreter (normally Indian) who can translate the document for you.

I am not sure of the charges.

Rgds
SB

Thanks for the info Sherman!!

Hi friend
My EP is in progress and same time would like to get the documents ready for the dependant. For my case, am in singapore and will be moving next month to singapore for a project and i have visited bls singapore to get attestation on my marriage certificate copy as well as birth cert of my child but they have told that i need to get a stamping from ministry of external affairs before requesting for attestation from high commission. Is it necessary if it is in english. Kindly advise

Hi friend
My EP is in progress and same time would like to get the documents ready for the dependant. For my case, am in singapore and will be moving next month to singapore for a project and i have visited bls singapore to get attestation on my marriage certificate copy as well as birth cert of my child but they have told that i need to get a stamping from ministry of external affairs before requesting for attestation from high commission.