Permanent Resident status in Mexico with a bank account

Hi,
I live in Mexico for less than 180 days per year.  I have no income in Mexico, but I have a bank account.  I am Canadian.  Do I have to file anything with the government?
thanks,

Mibec2,

If I understand your question correctly , It would depend on Canadian law. You wouldn't owe taxes to Mexico because you don't have income in Mexico unless you have a lot of money gaining interest in a Mexican bank.
You are not a full time resident of Mexico, just a visitor , so I would think not.

BUT,It involves laws and rules that would require research and communication with Canada.

Dear, you can apply in the Mexican consulate in your Country, we can help you if you want.  My cel and what's app in ***. My best regards. Violeta Piza

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
mibec3 wrote:

Hi,
I live in Mexico for less than 180 days per year.  I have no income in Mexico, but I have a bank account.  I am Canadian.  Do I have to file anything with the government?
thanks,

Hi "mibec3", I'm a Canadian living fulltime in Mexico and don't have and will never have a bank account in Mexico unless I would work or own proprety in Mexico. And we don't have to register with the RFC (government tax services), because all my revenues are taxed by Revenue Canada based on the fiscal agreement between Canada and Mexico.
The RFC Ombudsman confirmed this to me, as long as I don't work, own proprety and have a Mexican bank account, I have to register with the RFC (March 2017).

My first question, why did you need a bank account for?
2- do you use ATMs to get pesos while in Mexico?
3- did you look into www.worldremit.com services if you don't want to use ATMs?

Basically now, if you are a tourist (FMM visitante), no bank will allow you to open an account.

Adios y buen dia a todos, GyC.