HEPATITIS B REACTIVE

Hi Xtang,

Thanks for the reply,
CR? U mean HR?
If that is the case then I'll be tested for hep B? Since I am positive so I ll be deported if I change job and apply for new Visa?

But I didn't face any issue with the current employer, which is also in same food and beverage sector. Please clarify.

CR is commercial registration which specifies the nature of activities the business is allowed to do.   Everyone is tested for Hep B anyway.   Only the people who are in the 6 categories are denied the visa.   You need to speak to your sponsor beforehand to get their view on whether it will be a problem for you or not.   I can't tell you if there will be a problem or not as I don't know what their legal / CR structure is.

Do they hired you locally or from your country?

Hi Good day.

My husband is here and looking for a job.
He is Positive in Hepa B
I informed him to apply for Sales, Cleaner, Office boy, Warehouse field that does not relate with food industry.
Can he apply to Westzone Supermarket? or where else can he apply that accept Hepa B?

Thank you & God bless.

As I mentioned before, in the previous post, it depends on what is on the CR of the company - read that post.

And follow up with individual sponsors when he has job offers to determine if he is suitable or not.  There is no one correct answer due to the complexity of the business set ups.

@Xtang how about ride operator for Mall amusement Centre?

Should be ok but again, double confirm with the sponsor.  The reason I keep saying that is that there are TWO complexities:

1) The nature of business.   A business can be categorized as, say, a food handling center on the CR e.g. a normal supermarket can have been set up that way on the CR - which means that anyone on the visa of that CR would be treated under that category irrespective of whether they are a stock keeper or a cashier
2) The individual policy of the business.  A LOT of businesses routinely do NOT hire Hep B positive people EVEN if the UAE government is ok to give them a visa.  This is the policy of the business itself and nothing can be done about it

Dear XTang,

I am really hoping to get answer from you about hepatitis b concerning my situation.  I am planning to have my PhD study in construction major and employed as a graduate assistant in Abu Dhabi. I test positive for hepatitis b.  Can I get a residence visa?

Yes, if you are not in the 6 professions.

Further question, no matter my hepatitis b is severe or not, I can get a visa anyway?
Thanks a million!

As above.

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have a few questions which I hope gets answered.

Can English teachers, not a nursery but for (primary or secondary school as well as college) with Hep b get a residence/work visa? Also what about school counsellors and ESL teachers? what category would they be in?

If denied, are they likely to accept a medical fit to work certificate from a doctor? or would they reject it based on there own requirements and feelings about it?

The list of category is very vague. How does one find out what category their job falls under? 

Nannies
Housemaids
Nursery and KG supervisors
Beauticians and barbers
Health club workers
Food handlers

Please your answer would be very helpful, I look forward to hearing from you.

I have already answered this exact question in the thread above - post#127.  As I said, this depends on how the CR is set up as well as the business internal policy.  You will have to speak DIRECTLY to the sponsor to figure this out.  You cannot armchair guess it.

Hello guys,

Good evening! Silent reader here,thank you to all of you,iam now waiting for my eid, dont be afraid to try as long your not working on 6 category you will have chance to work here in uae☺️

Hello,can you give me your email please

Hi it's ***

Moderated by Cheryl 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly exchange contact details via private messaging please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Very happy for you!!!!
I will try also soon,I think in few months!
Will see what will happen

Hello everyone. I am new to this site and really need your help. Can someone on Cancel Visa having worked in the freezone as a cleaner and hep b positive work as a kitchen Steward? I will really appreciate if you guys help.

Anything related to food service i.e. kitchen, super market etc is a no no.  But again it depends upon how your employer CR is structured.

Thanks for the reply @XTang I really appreciate. So what are the exceptions or what do you mean by it depends on my employer's CR structure please? I will really appreciate if you help explain this.

As an example, if your employer has a CR which allows them to provide manpower services to third parties, you will not have issues with Hep B irrespective of where you are posted unless the client has other requirements.  Best option is to check with your employer and disclose your status. No one here can tell you for sure - as a stand alone, I have already told you that you can't work in a kitchen with Hep B.

OK @XTang. Thanks so much for the response. I do appreciate.

Can someone with hepatitis b work in a pharmaceutical company (factory) in Dubai? Please help I need an urgent reply

Look, I don't think you got what I said before.  If the job is not in 6 categories, you are ok.  Wherever there is a confusion, it will go back to how your employer CR is structured and then the only person who can answer that is the hiring company.  No one here can tell you for a fact - from my view, it should be ok but then again, refer to what I said.

@XTang thanks for the response. You know some of us can't really classify if the job is under the six categories or not cus it's a chain. If you could really help to tell me if it's possible to work in a pharmaceutical company(factory)  I will really appreciate and appreciate if you put the answer in a simpler way.

My friend, I already said it. From my side, there should not be an issue.

The only point I highlighted is that I can't give you a confirmed answer as I don't know how the employer CR is structured which can make it a problem. For a final confirmation, you have to ask employer. No one here can give that.

OK. Thanks so much for the information I really appreciate. 🙏

XTang wrote:

Should be ok but again, double confirm with the sponsor.  The reason I keep saying that is that there are TWO complexities:

1) The nature of business.   A business can be categorized as, say, a food handling center on the CR e.g. a normal supermarket can have been set up that way on the CR - which means that anyone on the visa of that CR would be treated under that category irrespective of whether they are a stock keeper or a cashier
2) The individual policy of the business.  A LOT of businesses routinely do NOT hire Hep B positive people EVEN if the UAE government is ok to give them a visa.  This is the policy of the business itself and nothing can be done about it

Hi sir, Im a positive B carrier and going to UAE next month via tourist visa before converting into working visa as per employer.

My job is not fall into the 6 categories as an IT, I understand there will be blood test but since my job is not fall into the 6 categories, would the designation medical lab still test for Hep B section?

Because Im afraid my employer will terminate me if they found out Im Hep B positive, but it will not be a problem if UAE will not test for Hep B if job is not fall into the 6 categories.

As I seen, some of the people saying that they are not tedted for Hep B if not appying for job under the  6 categories.

Thanks.

The testing is standard and includes Hep B.  If you are not in the 6 categories, you get a visa. 

You just give blood and they do the testing at the backend - this is why people are confused when they say that they didn't test for Hep B as they don't see the list of tests being done nor do they get the results.   You can only see the list of tests if you try to get a look at the paper the nurse or doctor is carrying - easier to check in VIP testing (as someone is coordinating for you) and difficult to see in the normal one.

Thanks for the replied sir,

Im curious too, would they give the result of medical test to company once Visa is approved, if they do, they will send in email or hardcopy? Thanks.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on location and authority.  In majority of the cases, they just notify the company if FIT or not FIT.   Specific information is only given if there is an issue with any of the results.

Thanks, so basically they will just notify company about the approval of VISA, since it is not under the 6 categories, but will not notify about the result.

Should not a big deal, thanks once again.

Yes but for some organizations, especially the ones which are particular, they would specify FIT but with comments in which case, the result for the specific issue would be disclosed.

is insurance clerk in medical center will fall in 6 categories?

hello I didn't undergo any medical to ph, just come here in UAE via tourist visa,

hello, is insurance clerk in medical center will fall in 6 categories?

Have already answered before in the thread. Depends on employer CR but generally speaking, medical center, most probably yes.

Hi XTang,

Good day.
This forum is so informative. I would like to ask, I am new in UAE and I got hired as an Computer Network and System Technician, though it will not fall on the below 6 categories, the company is in line with Food processing and food manufacturing. Do you have any idea if I will get test for Hepa B during medical here in Abu Dhabi?

Workers in nurseries
Domestic workers including housemaids, nannies and drivers
Food handlers and workers in restaurants and cafes
Workers in saloons and beauty centres
Workers in health clubs

Thank you.

As I mentioned before, depends on your company CR e.g. if you are in the factory with a manufacturing CR, might be a problem otherwise not.

Hi xtang,

The commercial activity of the company is retail sale of fresh meat. My profession they put in applying for my visa is computer network and system technician, because I need to handle their computer system. Any idea in my situation?