Brazilian permenant residency

Hello,

I have overstayed my visa but I got married in the meantime to a brazilian man.
I went to the federal police and I signed some papers and now I owe 3700$ reals. This is an insane amount of money. I overstayed by 37 days. I did not know about the new law until they told me. They raised the fee from $8 reals to $100 reals for overstaying your visa. I told them I was sick and have proof I was at the hosiptal.

Is there a way to get around this and not pay this fee? I'm trying to get my Brazilian PR.

Thank you to anyone who has any information regarding my situation.

If any of your overstay took place before the new law went into effect in mid-November, those days should be charged to you at the old rate.  Otherwise, your only cost-effective recourse is begging.
If you've already tried begging and it didn't work, you're going to have to pay the R$3.700.  If your husband happens to have a relative or friend who's a lawyer and will go plead your case to the Federal Police for free, you could give that a try.  But hiring a lawyer would end up costing you that, and you could still have to pay.  Good luck!

Hello,

I am getting so any different facts about overstaying a tourist visa nowadays... Some say the fine now is R$100 a day, people that I know from the brazilian governement told me that the new law is not set with the right amounts yet... Can anybody give the correct information? I am getting a bit nervous as my tourist visum is ending 18/03... (I am a Belgian citizen).

Have a nice evening!

The overstay amount id R$100 per day. My advice is don't overstay.

Jim

Yes, time to go unless you got deep pockets. R$100 a day.