Sarawak My Second Home Program

caesar1956 wrote:

Hi Cobolin
In Sarawak can you open a bank account without proper immigration status?

In peninsula Malaysia, you cant, hence the MM2H immigration gives you a letter addressed to a bank authorising them to open a bank account

In order to open my FD account in Kuching I needed to get a letter from the Ministry of Tourism saying that I intended to apply for MM2H.

As far as I know, it's not normally possible to open a bank account of any kind without some form of visa or evidence that you are applying for one (ie a ninety day tourist stamp in your passport is not enough).

Cobolin is correct. The FD needs to be established prior to submission of application to the Ministry of Immigration. This means you need to get a letter stating that you are applying to the Sarawak MM2H from the Ministry of Tourism office that handles Sarawak M2H. They will want to know which bank you are submitting the FD in advance....they will address the letter specifically. So it's best to shop around Kuching and find the best bank for you.  Then apply for the letter...and work out the transfer.

Once done (and this can take several days) you will receive documentation that you can take to immigration. I've heard that it's good to open several accounts. One at the base price you are required to maintain even after making allowed withdrawals...RM40,000. Then several others at different amounts maybe from RM10,000 to RM25,000 units to comprise amounts you might withdraw annually for student education, car purchase, property purchase, health care costs, etc. Oh and also a separate, non-MM2H account to take in the interest from these other accounts.

You do have six months to pick up your visa once approved.

czy wrote:

Another question -
British state pension and private pension annuity do not issue monthly pay slips, would annual statements be sufficient?

I'm surprised at this. Do the annual statements show a sequence of issuances that were made monthly? If not, I would bring in copies of your bank statements that show the periodic deposits made from the British Government. You could then show them that your payments are equivalent to RMxxxx per month and these match your received deposit in your bank. And that you exceed the minimum pension requirement RM7000/mo single (£ 1360) and RM 10,000/mo couple (£ 1944). I think that works out to be (currently) £ 16,320 and £ 23,325 annually.

I think they are primarily looking for consistency (not highly fluctuating) month to month and reliability. If you can get close on the pension and have supplemental sources they will likely accept that.

cinnamonape wrote:

You do have six months to pick up your visa once approved.

My agent told me three months and she handles these applications frequently, but perhaps she's wrong. I can't find anything official mentioning either three or six months for Sarawak MM2H.

Hi Cinnamonape.  Read your postings and found it very informative.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge.  I am a newbie here and I do have a few questions:

1)  Personal Bond - Does this apply to everyone in the application or just the primary applicant ?
2)  Do we need an appointment with the Immigration Office for submission ?
3)  One-Stop shop - kept hearing this.  can you tell me where it is and what kind of service it offers?  Notary services, photos etc ....
4)  How many days would you recommend we stay if we plan to go there to complete and submit the application and being interviewed ?  Once application is approved, how long do we have to go there and collect the visa?
5)  I know you mentioned we don't need a letter of good conduct in Sarawak.  Has this changed?
6)  Finally, does this program discriminate on ex-Malaysian ?

Thank you in advance for your help and I will be waiting for your response.

1) Just Primary
2) No, but if you do it via the Sarawak MM2A "office" at the Ministry of Tourism it's recommended. Really that's just one person. Dr. Rosalaind Sya [email protected]
3) I don't use the term, do It's simply the MM2A contact person at the Ministry. They don't offer anything but review of the application for completeness and the letter for establishing your Fixed Deposit.
4) 1-2 weeks (depends on holiday schedules) - they major wait is for the sponsor to be interviewed. But you don't have to be present for that.
Return for visa stamps 1-2 months later.
5You have 3 months (some say 6 months) to pick up the visa.
5) Not necessary, as of now.
6) Don't know.

Thank you so much for your prompt response.  If I am to apply using the 3 months offshore income, I will just need to show them the 3 month worth of pay-stub for myself and my wife, correct?  Do I need to show them our 401K statements ?

Thanks again.

You're welcome.

1) You and your spouse need to show RM10,000 (total) off-shore income for the three previous months before application. Pay-stubs for both you and your spouse are needed if you are combining incomes to cover that. At today's rates that's about US$2410.

I brought over bank account records and my 401K documents as well, but they didn't't ask for them. They seem much looser in Sarawak about the proof of liquid assets.

Hi cinnamonape,

I intend to apply using FD placement, ( save the trouble of getting the bank statement, to prove the income and etc)

1.If using FD, do I still need to submit the bank statement to show my financial capabilities?

2. I understand the applicant need to do the medical check up first with doctor in Sarawak prior approval ( to submit with the application form). Must I do it at the private clinic first, then bring to government hospital to let the doctor certified? Or I can just go to government hospital to do the check up ?

3. Do u still remember which law firm/ public notary/ commission of oaths you went to do the document certified? If possible, please provide the address or contact which I can contact them to make sure they know what is all about.

Thanks in advance.

1) I would bring all three months. But wait off on certification and submission. Simply download on fairly high-quality paper. Then if they insist on the proof then you are prepared.

I personally submitted way too much (this was two years ago) in my portfolio. My discussion on why I was applying was too long winded. I was on the pension option...I obviously had to demonstrate that I was receiving my pension over the last three months so they got both my bank account information and the pay warrants for three months.

But have been told by others that "I didn't have to submit this" or "I didn't need that".  One has told me that he did not require any proof of financial status when he submitted via the FD method and others since have seemed to confirm that. This appears to be true - if you apply via the Fixed Deposit option you need not provide any proof of Financial Assets.  https://www.sarawak.gov.my/web/home/art … w/221/279/

[In the Peninsula MM2H it is a Asset Proof, Proof of Income AND a FD, in  Sarawak it is an Proof of Income OR an FD only].

2) You can do it either way...but the only place I know that does the certification is the government clinic on Jl. Mesjid off the Padang Square. The wait may be longer in a gov't clinic.

You don't need a lawyer/notary to certify that again.

3) I use Chong Brothers Advocates but that was merely because they were across the street from my condo. Things get done fairly efficiently.
131, Jalan Petanak, 93100 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Opens 8AM
Phone: +60 82-243 742
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chong-Br … 4453712005

The Malaysian Tourism Ministry website has just put up a notice that they are "updating" their site (so not standard maintenance)  https://mtacys.sarawak.gov.my

If you need application forms I may be able to provide deep links (if they don't take those down, too (see below).

Documents needed for Sarawak My Second Home Application
https://mtacys.sarawak.gov.my/upload/fi … OZ-vmBa8Qchttps://mtacys.sarawak.gov.my/upload/fi … FEL9D9ZgA4

Comparison of MM2H vs. Sarawak M2H
https://www.sarawak.gov.my/web/home/art … w/221/279/

Cinnamonape, Thank you very much for your quick reply and useful information.

@Calvin1977:

1. No. (I speak from experience)

2. Why penny pinch? I went to Borneo Medical Centre where I got excellent service and it cost me just RM162. Next day took the results to Jalan Masjid.

3. Another thumbs up for Chong Bros.

Cobolin wrote:

@Calvin1977:

2. Why penny pinch? I went to Borneo Medical Centre where I got excellent service and it cost me just RM162. Next day took the results to Jalan Masjid.

Hi cobolin,

For point no 2, are you saying that you did your medical check at Borneo medical centre, then bring the result to Jalan masjid to get certified / endorse by government doctor there ?

Thanks for your shared info.

Calvin1977 wrote:
Cobolin wrote:

@Calvin1977:

Hi cobolin,

For point no 2, are you saying that you did your medical check at Borneo medical centre, then bring the result to Jalan masjid to get certified / endorse by government doctor there ?

Thanks for your shared info.

Exactly. BMC will give you the results the day after your medical.

Can you submit the copies of passport pages in black and white, or must those be in colour?

czy wrote:

Can you submit the copies of passport pages in black and white, or must those be in colour?

B/W is fine.

Thanks Cobolin!

Thanks.  Will fly over early next year to apply.  Also, I want to include my mother on the application as well.  However, on the form there are only 2 choices to pick from, either Spouse or Children.  Can you advise ? 

BTW, do you have any idea about the success rate ?  My wife and I make considerably more the the required RM$10K/month.

Please ignore, updated my previous comment instead.  Sorry

I would suggest, the higher amount you can show the better the chances

Is it necessary for you to apply in person? Can't you courier the documents earlier?

Countingdays wrote:

Thanks.  Will fly over early next year to apply.  Also, I want to include my mother on the application as well.  However, on the form there are only 2 choices to pick from, either Spouse or Children.  Can you advise ? 

BTW, do you have any idea about the success rate ?  My wife and I make considerably more the the required RM$10K/month.

I've never heard of parents of the primary applicant getting in on MM2H. I imagine your mother would have to make a separate application. PM me if you want to be referred to an agent who might be able to shed more light.

caesar1956 wrote:

Is it necessary for you to apply in person? Can't you courier the documents earlier?

You need to have a medical in Sarawak. No way of avoiding that.

Medical only after or before approval?

caesar1956 wrote:

Medical only after or before approval?

Before. The medical report is an essential part of your application. You have to go to a Sarawak clinic for screening (including X-ray) and then personally take their report to a Govt clinic for verification and possible further examination by a doctor. Then submit the report together with your S-MM2H application form etc.

Thanks
Exactly opposite of the peninsula MM2H

Yes...and as Cobolin has pointed out that if you undertake the Fixed Deposit option you also need to be in Malaysia as you need to receive and submit a special letter from the Ministry of Tourism to give to the bank of your choice. The letter is specifically addressed to the Director of Sarawak bank branch...it isn't a general "to whom it may concern" letter. So that element also pretty much requires physical presence...as do certain aspects of the bond arrangement with your sponsor (co-signature with a Sarawak notary and witnesses).

Theoretically one can do all of these things in just three or four days, but usually it takes longer as some hitch gets in the way (holidays, sponsor work, slow medical results). Then it's several weeks for the processing and if your application/evaluation misses the monthly "approval meeting" it can stretch into two months.

And Cobolin is correct in that parents are not considered as dependents in Sarawak...that may be an artifact of the fact that Sarawak MM2H is closer to the original "silver-hair" retirement visa. That was originally for those over 60 years of age and then dropped down to those over 50. They never considered that someone over 60 might have parents that might come over...although it certainly is more likely with an "over 50" due to changing demographics. There is certainly no reason that a 50 year old couldn't have a 70 year old dependent parent.

But Sarawak never changed/expanded the rule. The peninsular MM2H does allow parents as dependents...but there is no lower age limit anymore.

There is a review of the Sarawak program occurring so the possibility of adding parents as dependents might change. Given how few cases there might be (esp. if they keep the application age at 50)  it would seem to have almost no effect except to increase income from local "Health Tourism".

BTW is the parent Malaysian or American?

In the former it's unclear if a Malaysian citizen can be a dependent on the MM2H at all.  And things are complicated somewhat by the Sarawak-Peninsular visa issue. I've actually suggested that Peninsular Malaysians be allowed in as residents under MM2H (or perhaps a mirror program for Malaysians) provided they meet the qualifications of foreigners under MM2H (i.e. income, dependent, health check, and the restrictions against employment in Sarawak, political activities, and proselytizing/missionary work).

If American the parent may have to make some tough decisions re. Medicare (keep and pay the $134/month premium even though one cannot use Medicare while abroad) or drop it and pay out-of-pocket or using personal insurance. One CAN get Social Security remitted while abroad. One doesn't lose Social Security, nor the requirement to pay taxes to the IRS.

Thanks Cinnamonape.  My mother is a Canadian.  The reason I asked, is that I thought I saw somewhere that I can include her in my application as a dependent, but maybe it's for MM2H in Peninsular.  If you have more information about this for Sarawak's MM2H, please do share.  Thanks again.

Here are my two FB Sites about Sarawak M2H

https://www.facebook.com/groups/168068210798651/https://www.facebook.com/pg/Sarawak-My- … e_internal

Hello

I am new to this forum.  The Sarawak mm2h program sounds great, but I do have some questions.  We have some unique concerns.

Background.  I am 49  male US citizen
My Wife is 50 and a South Korean citizen.  We have a 9 year old daughter who has dual Korean/US citizenship.  We all live in NYC right now.  We would like to move to Malaysia for 3 years starting summer of 2020. 

Goal:  We would like to live in the KL area and send our daughter to private/international school.

Advice needed:  My understanding is that the Sarawak mm2h visa allows the visa holders to live anywhere in Malaysia including the peninsular part, including KL.  However, would our daughter be allowed to enroll in international school there(KL)?  The rules state that if we the visa holder is under 50, they may get the visa if they send their child to school in Sarawak.  However, what if you are passed 50?  Does this allow the freedom to send your child anywhere in Malaysia?

Considering that we want to move during the summer of 2020, how long does the visa process take? 

The visa also requires a sponsor.  Unfortunately, although we do know some people in KL, they are not residents of Sarawak.  The sponsor part is a big hurdle for us.  How do people handle this?

Financially, we believe we qualify by using the fixed deposit method.  This deposit needs to be in place before the application process.  Does this mean two separate trips to Malaysia/Sarawak?

Finally, my wife just turned 50, so she would be able to apply immediately.  That would make me the accompanying spouse.  We have citizenship from two different countries.  Does that complicate the application? 

Thank You

NewYorker99 wrote:

My understanding is that the Sarawak mm2h visa allows the visa holders to live anywhere in Malaysia including the peninsular part, including KL.  However, would our daughter be allowed to enroll in international school there(KL)?  The rules state that if we the visa holder is under 50, they may get the visa if they send their child to school in Sarawak.  However, what if you are passed 50?  Does this allow the freedom to send your child anywhere in Malaysia?

This complicates things immensely. Sarawak immigration allows children who are not attending school to receive dependent visas. However they require student visas AT ALL LEVELS (primary to tertiary). If you apply for MM2H you primary/secondary student child gets a stamp "Permitted to attend school in Peninsular Malaysia". You would not receive this "endorsement" in Sarawak so you may have to apply separately for a student visa in the Peninsula.

NewYorker99 wrote:

Considering that we want to move during the summer of 2020, how long does the visa process take?

Two months on average.

NewYorker99 wrote:

The visa also requires a sponsor.  Unfortunately, although we do know some people in KL, they are not residents of Sarawak.  The sponsor part is a big hurdle for us.  How do people handle this?

Option 1) They find a local sponsor upon visiting Sarawak either on previous visits, or on the visit when they submit their application. Some pay the sponsors. Others make friends with a local. Others do both.

Sarawak prefers people to live in Sarawak and the sponsor requirement, I am told, is there to encourage  and advantage people who have visited, and intend to reside, in Sarawak. Increasingly, because of people applying for the Sarawak MM2H but  living in the peninsula there is talk of making other restrictions requiring people to rent of show entry exit stamps indicating that they have stayed some amount of time in Sarawak. The Sarawak M2H is currently being restructured and reformed. That could occur at any time.

Option 2) Agents and middlemen are illegal in Sarawak. Therefore one takes a risk that their application may be disapproved if an agent is found to be involved. Oddly a list of agents may be found on the Federal Malaysia My Second Home website that advertise for Sarawak. Thus the national website promotes activity illegal in Sarawak. These agents charge extremely high fees. I've heard that several are increasing their fees to RM14,000, essentially for providing a sponsor.

NewYorker99 wrote:

Financially, we believe we qualify by using the fixed deposit method.  This deposit needs to be in place before the application process.  Does this mean two separate trips to Malaysia/Sarawak?

No, 1) one goes to the Sarawak MM2H office and have them review the application materials. One requests a letter of introduction to the specific bank of your choice. It must be a Sarawak branch.
2) One then goes to the bank and starts the FD transfer process with ones domestic bank.
3a) One can then go do the health checks, 3b) get it endorsed at the Gov't Health Office
4)  get the HASIL stamp for the Security Bond with your sponsor.
5) One may also need to get the passport certified at a Notary/Solicitor.
6) One returns to the bank to pick up the Fixed Deposit Letter when the transfer of funds is complete.
7)  All of these items then go to immigration for submission.

It takes about 2 months to get the application approved, if complete and correct. Much of this wait seems to be involved with arranging an interview with the sponsor. A US resident can stay in Sarawak for three months.

NewYorker99 wrote:

Finally, my wife just turned 50, so she would be able to apply immediately.  That would make me the accompanying spouse.  We have citizenship from two different countries.  Does that complicate the application?

The primary applicant  would be your wife unless you opt to  defer until you are 50.  Then you could be the Primary. The Fixed Account will be made in her name, which could complicate things, I suppose, if the account in the US is in your name.  You will all have to submit the various visa documents, but make sure that it is clear your wife is the PRIMARY applicant. Also make sure that you have certified marriage record and certified birth certificate for your daughter.

I don't think the fact that you are of different nationalities will matter, although perhaps it takes longer to do background checks.

Ah, wait on that. I think that Korean citizens may only get one month pass in Malaysia...which may mean that she may have to leave and return. 

Also make sure you apply for actual visas or you will have to pay Journey Performed fees of RM420/each.

First off, thank you Cinnamonape for such a quick response.  You are basically the first person who is knowledgeable enough and kind enough to take the time to help us with our unique situation.  If not too much a bother, we would like some clarification.

I don't quite understand the part about being able to attend school on the peninsular side.  This part is crucial.  Do you mean that, yes, my daughter can attend school in KL, but that she would just need to apply for a separate student visa there?  I can only imagine that that process is not as involved as the mm2h program.

The whole process only taking about 2 months is welcome news.  I was reading the other board and it seems like the "normal" mm2h takes closer to a year.

I still am a bit lost about finding a sponsor.  How do people find sponsors?  I don't assume that they stand on corners and talk to complete strangers about sponsoring them.  Is there a website for this?  I know that landlords have been mentioned, but once again, we are looking to live in the KL area.  Unless there is another resource to find sponsors, we may be looking at using an "illegal" agent.

As for the steps involved with the bank and health check, the assumption seems to be that one does not have to go back again until the visa is approved at the end, not even for an interview.  That the applicant spends a week or so to accomplish all the checks and account openings and has ready any additional documents to hand them in personally on one trip.   Is this correct?

It doesn't really seem to matter who the primary applicant is since both applicant and spouse need to go through all the same background checks.  Is that right?  The easiest part of the application it seems is having he proper birth and marriage certificates.  For me, the background check seems straightforward, an FBI background check.  However, I know that Korea has there own criminal background check.  My wife just recently moved to the US 2 years ago, and I just moved back 2 years ago after living in Korea for 15 years.  Would we both just need FBI checks?  Would i need FBI and my wife a Korean criminal background check or would we both need one from Korea and one from the US?

Thank you so much for your help.

NewYorker99 wrote:

I don't quite understand the part about being able to attend school on the peninsular side.  This part is crucial.  Do you mean that, yes, my daughter can attend school in KL, but that she would just need to apply for a separate student visa there?  I can only imagine that that process is not as involved as the mm2h program.

Why would you think it is less complicated? You are attempting to do something that isn't normally or regularly done. That means people are unsure if it is allowed. So they may have to ask for advice from others. The easy option is for people to say "NO" when they are not sure.

One can apply for a Student Visa without the parents having an MM2H (e.g. Employment Visa or the the mother can get a Guardian Visa) . Usually having an MM2H means the SV is not required (on the peninsula) and they may not care about the point of origin. Thus I think the school will either simply admit your daughter (and she'll be on your visa as a dependent) or they'll support a Student Visa.

You may be able to get the "endorsement stamp" from Petrajaya...in which case no Student Visa is required, or they'll issue a student visa for her from there. This is  a quite odd situation and so they may not have a set procedure.

If you want certainty then apply to the Peninsular MM2H and do it the regular way. Remember you are pushing the boundaries of what is normally done to the very limits.

NewYorker99 wrote:

I still am a bit lost about finding a sponsor.  How do people find sponsors?  I don't assume that they stand on corners and talk to complete strangers about sponsoring them.  Is there a website for this?

A website, really? There are less than 100 people/year that apply for MM2H in Sarawak...who'd make a website where people would broker sponsors? If they did this for a fee they'd become an illegal [no quotation marks] agent.

I've known people who have asked their guest house managers, potential landlords,  tour guides, people that attend the same church, families associated with the local schools (obviously impossible in your case), someone who works in the same business field, etc.
Generally it's easier if you are going to be living in Sarawak, of course.  As I mentioned...perhaps that's why the sponsorship requirement exists.

The sponsor must promise to the government to pay you and your families deportation costs (i.e. place a promissory note in the application to pay the Security Bond). THAT fact can cause some trepidation between the applicant and a potential sponsor. For a Sarawakian to commit to potentially paying RM2000 might discourage some working people. Some applicants offer to pay the security bond to the sponsor "no questions asked". Sometimes the sponsor says "no issue". It's all a matter of trust. But a stranger that is going to come for a few days and then plans to live on the Peninsula may not engender as much trust as someone who wishes to live their twilight years in Sarawak. So an offer of paying the cost off the Security Bond "up front" seems a reasonable solution.

NewYorker99 wrote:

I know that landlords have been mentioned, but once again, we are looking to live in the KL area.  Unless there is another resource to find sponsors, we may be looking at using an "illegal" agent.

I don't recommend doing anything illegal. If you want to do it it legally perhaps considering coming over for a couple of months and meeting local people. The local representatives of the KL based agents will sometimes charge vastly less. I suspect they are aware of the "cut" the middle man is getting.  BUT what if the agent gets busted. Would it only affect them, or would everyone that received assistance from that agent receive blow-back?

NewYorker99 wrote:

As for the steps involved with the bank and health check, the assumption seems to be that one does not have to go back again until the visa is approved at the end, not even for an interview.  That the applicant spends a week or so to accomplish all the checks and account openings and has ready any additional documents to hand them in personally on one trip.   Is this correct?

That's correct...if one has a sponsor it can be done quite rapidly. If one is hunting for a sponsor it may take a month or more, depending on ones ability and willingness to "solicit".

NewYorker99 wrote:

For me, the background check seems straightforward, an FBI background check.  However, I know that Korea has there own criminal background check.

Sarawak doesn't require the Submission by the applicant of a criminal background check or a Letter of Good Conduct. They do any background checking on their own. I'm not sure how they do this...perhaps just doing a check on the internet. I dread to think they use one of those commercial services which report on all your social media usage and criminal records.  Or perhaps checking if there is any Interpol announcements or "flagged passports". I  wouldn't worry about this.

Cinnamonape,

I feel much better informed about the process and how it relates to my family's situation.  I will need to start planning this out if I am to apply for Sarawak mm2h visa before the summer. 

Thanks again for taking the time to help a stranger out.

Cheers

Thank you,
CA for all that.

Very good information.

If there is a change in the process I'll post it here ASAP. Given the public statements by two of the Ministries involved in the reform of Sarawak M2H they hope to make it easier to apply and to increase participation. The quickest and easiest way to accomplish that would be to eliminate the sponsorship requirement and have the Ministry of Tourism become the sponsoring agency, which is what is done on the Peninsula with the MM2H One Stop. One pays the REFUNDABLE security bond directly to the government (MOTAC) and they hold it in escrow until one leaves the program.

If they did this alone, without any other changes they would greatly increase applications and residency. That's even if they continued to allow people to live anywhere else.

The other element is that no one would have to use an agent...there would be no reason to...since the rest of the procedure is quite simple. Even if a person had difficulty understanding the procedure and needed handholding that could be simply addressed by posting some YouTube "How To" videos and having a site that had various foreign languages describe the process and provide translations of the application forms (ie. what goes into the boxes) in Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, English, Spanish, French, German, Hindi, etc.

But the Developers/Rental Agencies are "stakeholders" and want applicants to stay and rent in Sarawak. In my view it's better to catch honeybees with honey rather than a hammer. Here's the honey...make Sarawak M2H have a Fixed Deposit that can be used for local rent, car, or other Sarawak Goods and Services. Also make it clear that only purchases of property , healthcare or education in Sarawak are eligible for FD withdrawal. That would be a benefit unavailable to applicants that live in the Peninsula. Also lower the FD minimum to about RM20,000 . That would be more than enough to coverage costs of repatriation. Sarawak benefits most by outside money being spent in Sarawak...but this also allows the Sarawak M2H recipient to spend money more freely. They don't have to worry about needing to be too miserly and not touching their FD. They can spend a little more. But that spending has to be in Sarawak.

Also they could offer other perks. Malaysian rate to National Parks. A discount card offered to Sarawak M2H'ers with deals from local merchants, restaurants, tour agencies, etc. The housing agents could offer some deals on taxes, fees, insurance, furnishings, internet, TV services, etc. Lot's of honey.

The Sarawak MM2H system is fast...but it could be even faster. An on-line application with the basic documentation (scans...though not official but sufficient for pre-approval)  and a preliminary approval.  Most of the checks could be based upon these documents. It might take a month to get "pre-authorization".

Then the person could come (at leisure) with the originals or certified copies of the financial documents (most recent three months if applying for the "pension option"), passport copy, marriage docs, adoption and birth certificate docs. The immigration officer simply checks to see that there are no alterations.

The applicant could then either request a letter of introduction to a local bank in the on-line application, or wait until arrival to "shop" for one...then request one. Obviously certain aspects of the bank transfer require an "in person" presence.

The health check, FD certificate,  (there would be no sponsor required so no need to run around for this aspect of things) would have to be done in country. But these are easy to check at Department of  Immigration for completeness and accuracy.

So all the documents (including FD and Health Check) are in order and submitted... in a matter of days after arrival.

There is no sponsor interview...so no long wait there.

The director of immigration and the committee have already done the security and financial checks based upon the on-line submission.

One might be able to get approval and pay for and pick up the visa the same day as the FD/HC/notarized copies are submitted...perhaps 2-3 days max...barring some incomplete or altered form or issue with the health check.

Imagine approval everything being done within a week of arrival!!!

I'd forgo the mainland and apply ASAP with Sarawak. Keep
Me informed will
Be coming in March plane tickets already booked.
Thanks again.

Cheers I'll buy ya beer if we make it to Sarawak or a whatever you drink!