Moving with the family

Dear All,

I am a 35 years old italian engineer who lives in Austria with wife and one year old kid. We have a good standard of life here, but I I am actually often overwhelmed by my job and stressful corporate life and politic. I am seriously thinking about selling all my prporties and relocate into the Philippines. I would really be glad to get some advice from you about this big step.

Thanks

Have you ever been to the Philippines?  How do you intend to support your family?

Just on Holiday once, so I basically have only a touristic impression on the country, reason why Im seeking for advices here, such as cost of living, school, etc... I have a decent capital here that can allow me to do nothing for a long period of time and look for some opportunity in the meanwhile.

I know Filipino engineers who are working in hotels and on cruise ships.  If you have never been here in the April to August period your family might suffer through climate shock, quite different than Austria.  Do you have any idea where you would want to live?  What language does your wife speak?  Do you know anyone in the Philippines?

Please be advised that you will not be allowed to own land, will only be allowed to buy units in certain condos. Of course the rule of thumb for expats is to rent for a year before purchasing real estate.  There other threads which should give you ideas about housing and cost of living.  It can be cheap here if you live like a Filipino.

My take on this, if your Wife is not Philippine, why will you live here?? every thing is different when you live then the holidays, but most Importantly will be your Visa for you and your family, other thing Schools are not good here,

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct