Local organic skin care products

Dear all

Does anyone know where I can find affordable organic skin care products (hand cream, soap, shampoo and shower gel) in Vietnam?

I mean products with no bad ingredients like DMDM Hydantoin (formaldehyde), Butylhydroxytoluol (BHT) or listed here https://www.treehugger.com/organic-beau … etics.html

Unfortunately, most Asian products advertised as natural contain bad ingredients (e.g. 3W Clinic).
In contrast the brands Lavera, Logona and Sante for example, consist of purely organic ingredients.
But in Asia only a few online shops sell few of these products for much money.

Affordable means for me about VND 100'000 for 75-100ml hand cream or 200ml shower gel.

I think such products should be available in Vietnam or Thailand; countries well known for their spa.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Imported products would have to be expensive, that's a given. 

Anything made in Vietnam would not be certified as natural or organics because there isn't an agency to inspect the products and hand out the certification.

I haven't knowingly or voluntarily put any synthetic product on my skin for almost two decades now.  What I currently use, I brought with me from the US.   

I only have advice for one item on your list: shampoo.  Use baking soda and apple cider vinegar.  Tens of thousand Americans have been using the method for decades.  I did for almost 5 years, until it became too much of a hassle in our frequent travel.  I switched to Dr. Bronner's after that.

My soap and shower gel are either from Dr. Bronner or natural and organic handmade products from a small farm in Ohio, US.  They last forever.

I blend essential oils from my own stash to use as face, hand, and body moisturiser/cleanser (also for mosquito repellent and after bites, cold, fever, sinus, stomach problems, muscle ache, hair conditioner, sleep aid, headache, sunburn, energising, etc. ).  I brought my essential oils from the States but you can buy them in Hanoi or Saigon and design a solution for your needs.

As for your idea of affordable, I seriously doubt you can find a full size (75-100 ml) or extra large size (200 ml) of any natural product for 100K or the equivalent value, even if you order directly from the company's website.  Natural and/or organic products are more expensive to produce than synthetic ones.

Thank you for the suggestions Ciambella.

But blending products is too much effort for me.

In Europe you can really buy these products for about 100k.
The price different between organic and other products is not so big in Europe than here in Vietnam.

If I not can find suitable local products here, I must find an online shop which delivers from Europe to Vietnam.

Actually the best thing is to look for Korean products. Not ALL are as you require but many are.

The mall near the Old Post Office has loads. I got some great shampoo and the best toothpaste plus an electric toothbrush that zips.

What I cannot find is underarm deodorant without all the cancer inducing ugliness. 

I am rapidly down to a sliver of my crystal which works wonders ... And I'm a guy.

Anyone know where to find crystal deoderant? Dont even try to ask at beauty shops. No idea what I am talking about.

SongwriterUK wrote:

Actually the best thing is to look for Korean products. Not ALL are as you require but many are.

The mall near the Old Post Office has loads. I got some great shampoo and the best toothpaste plus an electric toothbrush that zips.

What I cannot find is underarm deodorant without all the cancer inducing ugliness. 

I am rapidly down to a sliver of my crystal which works wonders ... And I'm a guy.

Anyone know where to find crystal deoderant? Dont even try to ask at beauty shops. No idea what I am talking about.

Thank you.
I will check this mall. I think you mean the Diamond Plaza.

I hope you will find the desired deodorant.  :)