Telecommunications in Johannesburg

Hello dear Members,

Can you please list some of the main Internet Service providers in Johannesburg? You may also include the cost related to their Internet subscription.

Another issue related to the telecommunication topic, is mobile plans. Can you please share with us:
>With which operator are you subscribed to?
>How are you finding their services?
>What kind of facilities do they offer?

Lastly, what is the best option according to you to make long distance calls in Johannesburg?

Your views/suggestions will be highly valued.

Wish you all a great day & thanks you in advance for your participation.

Vodacom
MTN
Cell C
Prices are all in the same region.
Mobile operators in South Africa offer the same facilities what Vodafone or T mobile offers.
The best network  coverage is Vodacom and MTN, but Cell C cost p/min. might be a little bit cheaper than the other 2.
I prefer Vodacom
Long distance calls you mean national, or international.International calls with cellphones are a no-no, to expensive,use skype or something like that, its cheaper than even the telephone cards you can buy
hope it helped
Dan

Hello Dan!

Thank you for this input ;)

Armand

Hi there,

Internet:
I highly recommend Axxess, by far the cheapest for uncapped internet access, although you will still require an ADSL line, I use Telkom.

Mobile plans:
>With which operator are you subscribed to?
MTN, much better benefits
>How are you finding their services?
Excellent, never had any problems,
>What kind of facilities do they offer?
Contract/Pre-paid services, includes Voice, Data bundles, etc.

Best option to make long distance calls in Johannesburg:
I still think Telkom's World Call Cards are economical, however Skype is also recommended.

Hope I helped!

Lori

We want to have internet in our house ..we live in dainfern which connection is best to use in dainfern....we have tried vodacom ....skype does not work here well...whats the solution?? I am really sick of the internet here in johannesburg??please help??