Dependent pass inquiry

Hi good afternoon. I just want to ask a question. We are in process of our dependant pass, I already submiited the requirements for the visa with reference in the Malaysian embassy here in the Philippines and was advised that I can get it by next week March 2, 2018. My question is we will be travelling to Singapore on March 21, 2018 there is a note on the Mdec's approval letter that says: "Once the dependent is in Malaysia my husband's company will be required to call the Mdec to initiate the process  for the issuance and endorsement of the DEPENDENT PASS by the immigration department of Malaysia.". My question is do we need to do it first before travelling to Singapore from Malaysia? Do we need the issuance of dependent pass first before travelling to Malaysia?

Thank you for your response.

Not quite sure of your movements from the above. Are you intending to travel to Singapore before arriving in Malaysia? You do need to get a visa for Singapore in the normal way.

"Do we need the issuance of dependent pass first before travelling to Malaysia?""
The endorsement happens once you arrive in Malaysia (not before). You just need the VDR (Visa with Reference) to travel to Malaysia.

The VDR is Single Entry.

It sounds like you should consider travelling to Singapore on a normal visa on 21st March (with your VDR in your passport) and then enter Malaysia and get the DP endorsed without leaving the country.

I'm sorry my bad. Let's say we are already in Malaysia by March 17, 2018 and then we will be going to Singapore on March 21, 2018  just for 4 days. Do we need the endorsement for the dependent pass first before travelling to Singapore?

It takes 15-30 days to get the DP endorsed.

You wont have time before you leave for Singapore. That is why you should probably travel directly to Singapore then make your single entry into Malaysia

So it is ok to travel to Singapore with just the vdr on our passport then go back to Malaysia for the endorsement of dp?

You can't enter Malaysia, go to Singapore then "GO BACK" to Malaysia as it is SINGLE ENTRY VDR

Leaving Singapore will require you to show your VDR (plus probably some paperwork about it)

Single entry means ONLY ONE arrival in Malaysia BEFORE getting the DP endorsed. After endorsement of the DP you will have multiple entry entitlement - but not before.

So all in all we need the dp first,  hayst. Thank you so much.

The DP endorsement requires  you to submit your passport to immigration, so you can't travel during that time.

Hi Gravitas,

Good day.  My company is okay for me to process DP for my children on my own since it will be expensive on their end if they are to do it for me. With that said, what are the requirements I need to submit, how, where and how much if you have any idea.

Thank you in advance.

If you are under ESD check their guide: https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

Annex D is important to read.  Getting birth certificates, marriage certificates endorsed is up to you to get done.

It costs the company RM70 to make the online application then the annual fee for stamping.
https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/faq/myxpa … n-charges/ Surely you could offer to pay their expenses?

Check with ESD if you can make a direct application without the employer ID - https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/

Children attending school need a Student Visa from age 7

Parents and in-laws get a different Pass (P.25 of guide)

Hi Gravitas, thank u very much! I remembered my visa was processed via ICT instead of MSC

Don't know who or what ICT is?

Mdec has 2 types -  MSC and ICT- ( information, computer technology ) in my case, since my company business has something to do with software, thus, they processed my visa thru MDEC ICT

The MDEC fees are much higher I seem to recall so I understand the company's reaction. But ultimately its immigration department that holds the records and approvals so I guess you can try and do it all direct with an immigration office in the State where you are working. It will just be time consuming and tedious and expect several visits and long waits.

Yup, some more , PWC is the one who processed it. That's why I would like to check  on how do I go by processing it on my own, either process it myself or get an agent who will be able to help me further.

Thanks a lot Gravitas:) -  much appreciated.

https://www.3ecpa.com.my/services/immig … plication/

Sorry havent been online in awhile but just to inform you after Dp is approved it only takes.3 working days to endorse.Applying for DP is much more simpler has not much documents are required and if your Emplo
yment Pass is already approved. The Dependant Pass does not need to exit Malaysia b4 they can endorse the passport. BUT If you dont exit you need to pay the Journey Perform visa which is an additional of RM500..hope this helps

Hi Shehajaz,

Does this mean that even if my children are here in malaysia, they dont need to exit malaysia and go back to our country and just pay rm500 additional? Did I get it right? tnx

Interestingly MDEC is only charging RM500 to do the DP application https://expats.com.my/expats/nonmsc/pre-application/