E-commerce export

Hello,

I am looking to start a business which sources coffee and other typically Vietnamese products internationally. However, as many will find, the hard part is finding cheap shipping opportunities. Preferably on an ad-hoc basis. I am looking to send small packages of around 1kg around the world via an e-commerce store. I am happy to do pretty much everything myself if it will reduce costs. I just need a way to send my items to addresses around the world at a cheap price, so that I can offer a shipping cost of anywhere between 2-4$ per parcel.
Boxme.vn have been contacted, if anyone knows of another option that would be around a price mark that would allow me to reasonably charge around 4$ for international shipping that would be ace.

I am new to export, if that is unrealistic, please enlighten me!

for US $4 per shipment Int' I think only Aliexpress (sub division of Alibaba Group - China) can deal with.
Pls check with Viettel, VNPT (local company) and DHL,TNT,Fedex, UPS (Int')

I know from personal experience that both FEDEX and UPS get substantially less expensive once you get an account and a track record.  Discounts of 80% or more are not unheard of.  The key is getting the right account executive assigned to your business.  It also doesn't hurt to do business with both and to threaten to switch every so often.  I wouldn't bother with VNPT unless you think your customers want their products a month late.

Thank you very much!

"Aliexpress" seems to be down at the moment. I have tried twice on two different occasions and the website is giving me errors that hint that the website is not working. Which sucks, as I can assume that this is probably the most reasonable option for me.

Thanks THIGV. With an account, do I have to register a company? I am looking to start a small-scale business that is mostly a passion rather than a means of building an empire. I am definitely not looking into VNPT, as every single person I have talked to tells me that I should not.

namhung wrote:

for US $4 per shipment Int' I think only Aliexpress (sub division of Alibaba Group - China) can deal with.
Pls check with Viettel, VNPT (local company) and DHL,TNT,Fedex, UPS (Int')

any sugestion for company or cargo to forwarding the  fashion clothing from ho chi min to bangkok start with small amount ?