Working in Malaysia on DP

Hi,
I'm IT consultant with around 9 years experience from India, My wife holding a EP and working here on a permanent position in one IT MNC Company in KL.

I am also staying with her in KL and holding a DP on her EP,

Now I'm having a nice offer from a German company ready to hire me as a freelancer , So can i work on legally on DP from home.

That company also asking me to provide a authority letter mentioning that I can work as a freelancer in Malaysia.

Please guide me to handle this in best way .

Thank you.

Regards,

You would technically be entitled to a Certificate of Residence in Malaysia and therefore there could be tax implications. In that case LHDN would need to be involved.

https://www.3ecpa.com.my/resources/mala … ed-income/

Immigration would probably not get involved and defer to LHDN to certify your status. I would look into any Double Taxation Treaty between Malaysia and Germany too. The German company does not want to break any rules by paying an offshore worker.

Have you contacted your HC?

Hi there,
Thanks for your reply , what that HC stands for ? , Should I need to go to Cyber Jaya Immigration office and ask them for NOC for work on DP ?

Have you seen anybody working on DP , do need to pay on that salary which I am earning from out of malaysia.

Thank you

HC = Indian High Commission

The job isn't in Malaysia so nothing to do with immigration DP as you will remain on that but rather tax. You don't ssy where and which currency you are being pad in

German Labour laws would be applicable. The DT route should ensure you are tax free in both countries. I Think you should enquire abut the required annual return where you are taxed at 0% because it is offshore derived income. Requesting a tax number should show the arrangement is acceptable