Epass downgrade to spass with the same employer will DPs be affected?

Hi,

My employer renewed my Epass but rejected last January 2018 and applied Spass afterwards and was approved last Feb 2018. Consider it downgraded.
Now my dilemma is, I have existing and valid DPs and due to new requirements for DPs which is 6k for new DP applicants. Are my DPs considered as new applications even though I did not change employer? on the new DP requirements mentioned as long as main pass holder does not change employer the DPs are not affected by the new criteria. Any thoughts or experience on this? BTW, my salary is above 5k.
Thanks.

Shouldn't be impacted as your application is an existing one. Please go through FAQs section to clarify your doubts.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit … ligibility

Hi surya2k,

Thanks for your reply.  I checked the FAQs at MOM website but regarding changing pass(downgrading) with the same employer in not indicated.

But how do you interpret this?

EP renewal rejected, then same employer applied SPass(new application - approved) together with DP (is it considered as NEW DP application or Existing DP application?- Pending status). Note that no change of employer and salary(5k++). Given is existing EP/DP are still valid while waiting for the outcome of DPs.

My worry is MOM might consider my DP application under the new spass as NEW DP applications. What is your take on this?
Thanks.

Surya already gave his opinion. Mine is less positive for you.
But in the end only MoM can decide - and I doubt anyone here has actually seen a similar case so far.

Agreed with Beppi. Your case is the first such case post this revised guidelines came up in Jan'18. I still hope that MoM will consider your case as renewal one, not a new application. The main reason is that there is no change in employer. Secondly, your employer had submitted your EP renewal earlier, due to rejection, they down graded to S pass and reapplied, which was approved later. Thirdly, MoM didn't say they will treat it differently in FAQs, if your EP is down graded to S pass. Good luck

Hi,

We have the same case. My company informed me that i may not renew my DP. My HR told me she will directly apply as Spass since difficult to get Epass approval. But no assurance for my DP.

How about your DP? Did you get the approval?

Thank you.

Hi,

My DPs were approved 2 weeks after my s pass approved.
Yours should be approved also as there is no change in employer and whatever renewal case (downgrade epass to spass) the main pass holder faces under the same employer, criteria will remain unchanged.
But mind you if there are any internal transfer to a different entity,  the DPs will be considered as a new submission.

Update us with your outcome.
Wish u the best.
Thank you.

Hi!

Thank you and Congrats.

I think the only difference is my HR directly apply me as Spass bec she said for sure will be downgraded to Spass. Today, still pending and hopefully will get approval too.

Regards.

Hi luciynjoy,

How's your Spass status now? Approved yet?

Hi, now almost 2 weeks still pending. i dont know how's the normal application now. i'm still hoping to get approved.

My spass got approved exactly 2 weeks from the date they applied. Only today they apply for my DP after I do medical. Hoping and praying a positive outcome.

Congrats, good days are ahead.

Hi All,

Yesterday morning my HR applied my sons DP and now HR called me informing its already approved. Thanks to God, its very fast.

I wish you all a positive result too. Happy Weekend everyone;)