hi everyone!!! my name is marina & i'm ukrainian living for the last 9 years in greece. now i'm thinking of moving to mauritius with my boyfriend $ was hoping to find some guidness through this blog as i got many questions on my recent disission. first of all my biggest question is if it is possible to come to mauritius without having any proposals for job there and find a job after coming during a month? cause for the last month i've been lookig for job in mauritius through internet & got nothing!!!!!!!!!
thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!
any help will be very important!....so thanks again:)

Hi,
Welcome to Mauritius. I think you are right.You have a better chance if you are in Mauritius as you are personally around for the interview. However getting a good job depends on your qualification,expereience and luck ofcourse. Give it a shot and see how it goes. If not you and your fiance can consider your expereince in Mauritius as a wonderful holiday experence.

I have been to Athens and I found the city too polluted. In fact I could see the thick pollution from the aircraft even before landing from the aircraft. You will like it over here as Mauritius is very clean and green and not polluted like Athens. People here are very friendly and helpful.

Cheers!!!
Terence

thank you Terence!

actually i went today to the Mauritius Consulate here in Athens to ask about the formalities & the representatives told me to forget moving to Mauritius cause they told me that i got no luck there without knowing French... also they told me that there are very few Russians so that my knowledge in russian will be useless... is that true????

thank you very much
Marina

Hi Marina,

I too dont know a word of French. I have a friend who started his careeer a couple of years ago in Mauritius and now recently bought a night club. He too does not know a word in French. Knowing French is an advandage. There are few a Russians in this Forum , maybe they can guide you and help you out.
I had once been for a meeting in a tour company in Mauritius, most of the staff there were Russians.

All the best to you!!!
Terence

thank you for your help Terence!
i will check on Russians on forum

wish you the best
thanks
Marina

Hi dragon4Marina, you could give this site a try: myjob.mu and check for the vacancies available, might help.

If you are interested in working in the hotels, you should try to find out which ones have frequent guests from Russia so that your language skills could prove valuable. 

I know that I have seen a few Russians at the maritim.com/en/hotels/mauritius/hotel-mauritius:Maritim Hotel occasionally when I have gone diving through the hotel's dive center.  You could try contacting the hotel to find out if they might be interested.

Thank you very much zakhosx & bunkoma for your help!! I'll check on your information.

Check the Mauritius Classifieds page on this blog.  Someone just recently posted a job advert for someone that speaks Russian. 

https://www.expat.com/en/classified/afr … akers.html

Could be perfect timing for you!

Good luck!!!

Привет Марина!

Write me a PM with contact information... Will try to answer on your questions...

PM?

thank you bunkoma. i've already sent them my CV & waiting for answer...
who knows...

pm : private message ;)

Hi

I have sent you a private message of the company where I met some Russian staff. You can try your luck by applying there too.

All the best!!!
Terence

Thank you Julien & Terence!

Marina