EP Pending for almost 3 months(83 days)

Hi JohnDoe,

Mine was applied on 27th Dec'18. Am little worried now as 3 week time period is already over today.

Hi ,

In my case my pass was applied on 7th Dec 2018.
And still pending

DianaNim wrote:

Hi ,

In my case my pass was applied on 7th Dec 2018.
And still pending

OMG.. was it E.P ? Did your employer check with MOM ?

No . I was in EP but now to S pass .
My employer asked MOM. But they told to check it online that's all

Mine applied on 19th Dec '18. And still Pending. When I check with MOM two days back they said they are waiting for some additional documents. So I had to inform my employer as they were not aware.

Hi , will MOM confess with us about why the pass is pending ?

skykes wrote:

Mine applied on 19th Dec '18. And still Pending. When I check with MOM two days back they said they are waiting for some additional documents. So I had to inform my employer as they were not aware.

So you mean to say your employer didn't know that MOM has asked for some additional docs ? Can we personally call MOM and enquire about our pending status ?

What I did was, I just inquired through MOM website about my application and why it's pending for a long time. So on the next day they replied saying they require some documents to proceed my application. But they did not specifically say which documents but mentioned that employer should check my application online.

What I learn is, If the employer does not check application status online daily then that will lead to more delays for your application.

DianaNim wrote:

I'm not sure, I asked them because i saw the status as "pending" nearly a month.

Just contact MOM and see...

skykes wrote:

What I did was, I just inquired through MOM website about my application and why it's pending for a long time. So on the next day they replied saying they require some documents to proceed my application. But they did not specifically say which documents but mentioned that employer should check my application online.

What I learn is, If the employer does not check application status online daily then that will lead to more delays for your application.

Thanks for sharing bro. Yes, you are correct. Employer should check the status online then only they will come to know if anything is needed by MOM.

skykes wrote:
DianaNim wrote:

I'm not sure, I asked them because i saw the status as "pending" nearly a month.

So in MOM website your application status is "pending" right?
How did you contact MOM? Through email or via phone call? Or its just shown on your status instead?

sorry dopost

JohnDoe1922 wrote:
skykes wrote:
DianaNim wrote:

So in MOM website your application status is "pending" right?
How did you contact MOM? Through email or via phone call? Or its just shown on your status instead?

Use this link for enquiries..

https://services.mom.gov.sg/efeedback/F … dback.aspx

JohnDoe1922 wrote:

sorry dopost

Hi Bro,
Whats ur status now ? Mine is still pending .

Hi

My EP status in pending for more then 2 months now the MOM says it can be three months or more my employer can only wait till three months
I am wondering why this is taking so long as generally people get it in few weeks.I hold 13 years of experience

cking wrote:

Hi

My EP status in pending for more then 2 months now the MOM says it can be three months or more my employer can only wait till three months
I am wondering why this is taking so long as generally people get it in few weeks.I hold 13 years of experience

Pending for approval is not depending on your experience or salary rather various other validation checks e.g. educational certificate verification where MoM depends on third party vendors (vetting agency) who check authenticity of those documents. It can take few days to a week or a month.

Have patience and good luck.

Indestructible007 wrote:
JohnDoe1922 wrote:

sorry dopost

Hi Bro,

Hi Bro,
Finally I got the approval from MoM

My timeline shown below:
28 Dec: submitted
2-20 Jan: Vetting agencies
21 Jan: Approved

I just can say thank you to all of you in this forum especially to Beppi and Surya who always    says "patience is virtue" :)

JohnDoe1922 wrote:
Indestructible007 wrote:
JohnDoe1922 wrote:

sorry dopost

Hi Bro,

Hi Bro,
Finally I got the approval from MoM

My timeline shown below:
28 Dec: submitted
2-20 Jan: Vetting agencies
21 Jan: Approved

I just can say thank you to all of you in this forum especially to Beppi and Surya who always    says "patience is virtue" :)

Great News. Congrats to you

Hi

Is there any separate approval  mechanism for information security professionals which take longer time??

cking wrote:

Is there any separate approval  mechanism for information security professionals which take longer time??

No - there is no separate EP application procedure for any profession.
(Or are you talking about professional certification procedures, e.g. if you want to work for the military? These are separate and EP can only be applied after the certificate is granted.)

Thanks for the information.......

Hi All,

Long wait for the EP

20 Nov 2018 applied
20 Dec 2018 asked for additional docs
22 Feb 2018 Approved

Waiting period 3 months, this was my very first application for EP.

Name    : HIMANSHU GAUR
    Application No.    : A151118***
    Date of Application    : 15/11/2018
    Pass Type    : EMPLOYMENT PASS
    Status    : Pending

after writing MOM several times they says as it require input from external agencies so it may take 90 days of more

Can I send an email to MOM myself will it have a wrong impact on my EP or all the communications should be through through my employer only

Sending MoM an email will do no harm, but it will also not help. Better let the employer contact them!

Hi,

I recently got a job in Singapore. My EP application was filed on 10 January 2019 and its been pending for more than 90 days. My employer checks with the MoM regularly for any update, just to hear that the application is still being reviewed. Is this quite the normal processing timeline or are there ways to expedite the process?

Thanks in advance.

90 days is above average, but there is little you can do but wait.
Your employer can ask for an expedited process, but that does not always help. (It does no harm, though.)
There have been a few (very few) cases where the employer needed the employee urgently and convinced MoM of this, so a temporary EP was issued to cover the period until final EP issuance. I haven't heard of this for a few years, though, so not sure if the option still exists. (And in any case, you'd have to be Nobel prize worthy or hundreds of local jobs depending on your presence for this to materialize.)

Hi Every one,

Thank you.

My EP applied month back but still in pending status.l have 8+ years of experience and previously worked in Singapore for an year.

Any time estimation ?Like average time taken to approve EP this year.

Shasha333 wrote:

Hi Every one,

Thank you.

My EP applied month back but still in pending status.l have 8+ years of experience and previously worked in Singapore for an year.

Any time estimation ?Like average time taken to approve EP this year.

Read below existing thread, it has given in details. Good luck

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =9#4550415

Thank you Surya for quick reply.

beppi wrote:

90 days is above average, but there is little you can do but wait.
Your employer can ask for an expedited process, but that does not always help. (It does no harm, though.)
There have been a few (very few) cases where the employer needed the employee urgently and convinced MoM of this, so a temporary EP was issued to cover the period until final EP issuance. I haven't heard of this for a few years, though, so not sure if the option still exists. (And in any case, you'd have to be Nobel prize worthy or hundreds of local jobs depending on your presence for this to materialize.)

Thank you for the quick turnaround. My EP was finally approved today. Can't wait to start! :)

My EP got approved.

My EP Application is pending for 116 days now. This is just bizarre.

fk069 wrote:

My EP Application is pending for 116 days now. This is just bizarre.

Did your employer approach MoM to ask for the reason of the delay?

The agency through which my employer applied for the pass says it's best not to rush mom rather wait till they make a decision as there's a chance mom may reject my application in doing so.

Well. I got the approval today.

Congrats@fk069

Congratulations, it's been 97 days and my ep is pending:(

anandm2012 wrote:

Hi All,

Long wait for the EP

20 Nov 2018 applied
20 Dec 2018 asked for additional docs
22 Feb 2018 Approved

Waiting period 3 months, this was my very first application for EP.

Hi what are those addtl docs?

Hi All!

EP application Applied 12 March.
Still Pending 108 days (Vetting Agencies)
Currently, in Singapore