Residency for "work from home"

I have been reviewing all of the options for temporary residency and don't see a category for me. My husband would be working for a US company remotely, and I am an independent contractor for another US company.  Anyone have any experience with someone like us moving to CR?

If you exit CR within the 90 day tourist visa, this is for you both, otherwise you will have to choose between Investor or Rentista status, unless you have a 'guaranteed for life' pension.
Since you mentioned elsewhere on the forum, that you only be staying here for two years, it is your advantage to stick to being a tourist avoiding the application costs, as it can take a year or more to gain Residency. Plus, if the principle applicant is under 55, the mandatory healthcare could be quite high.

The downside is, as a tourist, you cannot be affiliated with the socialize healthcare system.

Thanks for the information. As a tourist, could I put my daughter in school and rent a house?

Yes. This is very common here.

If you are sure you won't be here more than 2 years then kohlerias is right.
If you were going to stay 3-4 years then I'd say try to become a legal resident because you wouldn't then have to leave the country every 90 days - UNLESS you'd want to legally drive a car in which case you would.
However, on the other hand, as a rentista your residency would be somewhat expensive.