Banking in Kuwait

Hello dear members,

Can you recommend some financial institutions i.e. Commercial Banks in Kuwait?

What about their facilities they offer? For example: [Internet Banking, Credit Facilities, ATM's machine availability throughout the country]

How the mentioned institution(s) has(ve) facilitated or facilitate your life?

Please do not hesitate to share your experience on the Expat-Blog community.

Thank you in advance for your future contribution.

NBK is by far the best bank in Kuwait.

Firstly, the availability of branches and ATMs in every nook and cranny of the country is astounding, NBK does boast the most ATMs. Anywhere you go, an NBK will be within walking (or driving distance.

Secondly, internet shopping card. Some banks here require you to maintain a minimum balance in your account, this one does not. you merely put in the amount to cover the transaction you are transacting (+ a bit extra for FX differences). its 5KD a year, first year is free.

Customer service is decent, and available 24/7.

Online banking is a breeze and very simple and effective to use. you can pay your utilities/ wataniya mobile bill via your NBK account.

NBK all the way :)www.nbk.com

OK, and when it comes to int'l transfers (one per month free of charge, etc.)? or deposits (best interest rates)? cheers, ania

i think u'd have to assk them Ania, not really sure. with international transfers most people go with western union as opposed to banks, better rates and fees etc like Bahrain Exchange, Muzaini and the likes.

Thanks Legacy.
had a look a NKB, they really look like a very good option, especially with the internationally located branches. My husband got an acc with Gulf Bank, so we have to get it changed ASAP...