Working in Oil and gas in USA

Hi All,
My name is Maxime, originally from Cameroon ( French Speaking),  I am new in Houston Texas and already spend a year and half in Pennsylvania.
I moved in US from Congo where I was Area Manager for 5 years with an International Offshore Support Vessels and before I was in Asia ( Singapore and Malaysia).
I got Graduate Engineering Degree in Marine Operations with 15 years of international experience and nobody hired me then I decided to go back to School for US credentials (Marine Operations and Quality/Supply Chain Engineering), once done , one of the biggest oil and gas hired me for contract position and low paid.
Since the end of the contract , I am looking for a job, went under a lot of interviews but sometimes I received call saying that I am over qualified or I didn't pass the interview.
Even some jobs related to french native speaking, I am still not selected for.
Wondering about the big mistake I did by bringing my whole family here. How can an Engineer can stay home going under stress due to jobless?

What is your and your family's legal status in the US?

valid Working permit renewable and valid ID for my kids (who are under 18)

Those are not terms I can work with. Wishywashy. If you do not feel like disclosing things in public pls feel free to pm. Send me your LinkedIn profile via PM. I will gladly share potential candidates with former colleagues in oil but will not waste their time.

Sorry for late reply,
My LinkedIn profile is ***.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@maximennyina.

It is unsafe to post contact details on the open forum. Please use the pm system for this.

This does not explain your legal status. Sorry!

Ok guys,
Well noted. Sorry for that.
Thanks