Internet without limits

Hello,

I would like to work from home and need reliable internet without download limits that is not going to ruin my pocket.
Now I use borrowed Claro mobile modem and the connection drops every 5 minutes or so.
I use it only 2 days and it is windy now... Is this normal? What is the best alternative to Claro for getting an internet without data limits in Heredia?

Thank  you.

This subject is mentioned often on forums, including this one.

Using a cable company will be best for speed. The modems such as Kolbi tends to be  slow. I have to use this, and it drives me crazy...
Since you previously mentioned you were going to be on a  work visa ( Temporary Residency rather than 'just' a tourist), if you go to the ICE office, you may get a better deal.
The wind has been very bad, so connection does fail. Hopefully  :sosad: it should soon stop. It is reported that access can change from one house to another, so you may have rent an apartment that provides good internet. Check out crwifi but it's not cheap.

RichardHol wrote:

Hello,

I would like to work from home and need reliable internet without download limits that is not going to ruin my pocket.
Now I use borrowed Claro mobile modem and the connection drops every 5 minutes or so.
I use it only 2 days and it is windy now... Is this normal? What is the best alternative to Claro for getting an internet without data limits in Heredia?

Thank  you.

Hola Richard,

I use CRwifi.  It's okay for CR but compared to developed countries it's quite slow. It should be available in your area if you are not hidden down in a gully.  My download speed is at best 2 mbps with no download limits.  I pay $63 per month.  You can pay more with them and get faster download speeds.  We rarely have interruptions, a few maybe when it's extremely stormy in the Winter but that's about it.

- Expat Dave

Thank you guys for reply. As soon I move into something more permanent, I will have to check out what is available in the area. I was giving high hopes to Claro due to mobility and no limits but the reality in this weather is disappointing. Crwifi boasts with a good service and is a next candidate to me. Thanks for a tip.

Apartments/condos may offer cable, which will give you both TV and internet....and possibly, the best price

RichardHol wrote:

Thank you guys for reply. As soon I move into something more permanent, I will have to check out what is available in the area. I was giving high hopes to Claro due to mobility and no limits but the reality in this weather is disappointing. Crwifi boasts with a good service and is a next candidate to me. Thanks for a tip.

When you move into a more permanent location I would go check at the various internet companies BEFORE signing any contract on a house or apartment... because a neighbor 1/4 mile away might have great internet and you might have none... That's just how it is in some areas...
Often the net relies on line of sight to a tower and you might be behind a hill or some other blockage where you are but your neighbor may not be....
Claro SUCKS imho. I heard CRWifi isn't all that great either.