New to the forum

Good day every one. My name is Semaj and I am new to the forum. Im from Delaware and I'm looking forward to making new friends and learning as much as I can in the process, Thanks for having me.

Welcome to the forums!  Are you here in the DR or still in the process of moving?  Tell us more!

There is much to read on the forums, lots of great info!  Take your time, ask questions as needed. We help whenever we can.

Thanks Planner,

No, I'm not in the DR yet. I still have a few years of saving before I can  comfortably make the big move. I fell in love with DR back in 2005 just reading some of the travel reports guys would write on the internet. I'm also a bit of a history buff and have always been fascinated the rich history of how the country first came to be and then to what it has grown into now.

Though I have made a couple short resort trips I have never dove into the culture the way I would like. This is my focus now. I'm making plans for a 10 day stay in May of this year. I will be in the Puerto Plata area. I'm not exactly sure just yet. I'm trying to find a happy medium between the comfort of a good resort and the distance between my lady friend.

I've been reading Expat for quite a while now and it is filled with a lot of great information. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can taking in all the different experiences folks have had. I'm going to take that info and jump right in with both feet and go for it. 

Semaj

Good for you.  Instead of a resort how about trying a smaller hotel & getting out & about on your own. Here in the Sosua/ abarete area are lots of expats & places theu inhabit on a regular basis. Some I'm sure will be glad to get you up to speed on the area & life in the DR. Happy to oblige.

Sounds like you have a plan!