I value your opinion about my business idea

There are currently no good medical clinics in Bohol (many hospitals here don't here have a good reputation with many expats), yet there is a large and growing community of expats here. There is demand for a quality medicine by both locals and expats. Cebu now has good hospitals, but none exist in Bohol.

I am considering converting our new resort into a retirement community for people from all over the world; As a medical center for the elder care residents and also for people living in  Bohol.

I would like to include a non profit children's clinic. Along side that we could also run a high quality clinic for elder residents, local expats and Filipinos who are looking for western quality medicine.

I envision that we can attract tourists who want to make a difference  by volunteering in either our elder care (for example talking to lonely, elderly residents) or our children's clinic.  In exchange we will offer  them western style accommodations at our cost.

We hope to make it a happy place for people of all ages, sort of like the idealized model put forth by the Robin William's movie “Patch Adams” – based on a real life person.

The idea will probably have more credibility if we can find at least one experienced medical person from a western country to oversee the Filipino staff.

Do you think combining a  nursing home for Western retirees and a children's clinic will work

Do know of anyone who might like to work with us on this project?

wow thats a great idea, i think it will click.. a retirement home with some carers will click in the Ph, theyve started it  ithink since around 10 years ago since President GLoria Arroyo, theyve invited some foreigners, and they were taken care by a family and given a pay for taking care of them.. then some of the foods is delivered.. i forgot the name of that project, but ive heard it launched in Batangas or southern part of LUZOn..  the only concern is the place where the foreigners were sometimes get robbed or the place isnt safe for foreigners.. hope you make a place that is a large place where the retirement foreigners and childrens ward or what do you call that.. so the children will take care or have time to communicate with the elderly .. so it will give them some relief from stress.. and hope its within the vicinity where theres lots of place for leisure like parks, jogging paths or walking gardens KOI gardens .. basketball areas pplaygound. beaches shore, and lots of open space around 60 percent of the area..   and a large lots for future developoment once it clicked ..

I worked with one of the convents in Bohol who helped orphaned children, that is a very good idea.  But, you have to see if you will be able to comply with the requirements of the Department of Health with regards to everything in running a hospital;

Thanks for your input. Very helpful

There was a nursing home which over-expanded and was recently closed down near us in Bohol.
I was thinking of asking to use their licence to save the time required to get a license for the nursing home. The hospital will take longer. We would get the nursing home started while we go for  the license for our medical center. A corollary plan is to make a teaching facility. Bring in foreign doctors to help upgrade the skills of local doctors.

Thanks for  your ideas
Very helpful!