Tourists In Sharm!!

I am a British girl that has lived in Sharm for nearly 18 months now. I went back to England for Christmas and returned to Sharm on 25th January - the start of the revolution!

During the revolution and in the time since then there has been no problems or trouble in Sharm el Sheikh. I wish the tourists would start to come back like before cos the tourism industry is really struggling.

I want to let all people know that everything is safe here and no one needs to be worried.

Yalla - Bring the tourists back to Sharm!!!

Hi Jen_lilstar :)

Thanks for your contribution.
I guess many expats or future expats wanted to know about the situation there ;)

Have a good day
Armand

yes it's safe safe safe!!!

feeling depressed from the cold weather in your country! need some energy! need the SUN! want to have some quality time away from work stress, want to enjoy the beach, the sun and the night life! not to mention the underwater beautiful world with different sea corals many types of fishes!!!! 
want to take your family to a place where all of you will enjoy!! you, your partner and your kids!!
then Egypt is your Place!!
don't waste a time, come visit(Sharm-Dahab-Hurghada and a lot of the other red sea resorts cities), come enjoy and see how safe it is! come enjoy our New Egypt a free clean and safe one!!
           Come Visit You Are Most Welcomed At Any Time

@Jen_lilstar thanks for raising this issue!! I myself used to travel out side of Egypt for my vacations than inside! but from now on I will start to travel more inside then out to support our tourism! internally!!
I hope this upcoming easter vacation will turn to be good for the tourism section!!

cheers,
Yahya

guys..

I was in Sharm  recently and found ALL 100% safe. though foreigner are almost 80% less then before but that doesn't make it un-safe again :)

The only thing bothered me the most was  people running after me to goto their shops but this is what I think a tourist have to bear ;)

Anyways ..Sharm is 100% good to go ..Yalla visit sharm

I visit Sharm 4 times a year and was there just before the protests - but I can't wait to come back in 2 weeks time.  Each time I bring a diferent friend and they then come again with others - I want everyone to share my love of this place and contribute to tourism so I will keep encouraging everyone I know to holiday in Sharm!

I really admire your post so much Jen,Your call for tourists means alot really,much more when a local like me or another Egyptian say it.We might be thought of as just trying to revive back the propaganda for sharm again,but here it is the truth that came out of your tongue..Thanks alot :)

Thanks for the support on this topic.

With eveything that has been publicized by the media concerning the revolution they seemed to have forgotten about the people who are here trying to make a living. Most of the Egyptians working in Sharm are working to provide for their families who live in Cairo or other parts of Egypt. These people work long & hard for little money just to support themselves. With out the tourists many of these Egyptains have lost their jobs. Also us foreigners and expats here are struggling as the job market is almost non-existant now.

I am just trying to do my bit to improve the tourism here by telling everyone the truth that is not portrayed in the public eye. Yes the revolution was dangerous, but Sharm is perfectly fine. Even with the president here in our hospital there has been no problems. They are even sending tourists on excursions to Cairo again now, which proves that things are safe now.

Lets work together to improve this situation in Egypt, for all those hard working Egyptains and for us foreigners also. We need to get the word out as much as possible that Egypt is recovering from the revolution and tourists from all over the world are welcome here and have no need to be afraid.

Egypt is grateful for the support!!!!

Sharm is the city I am looking to relocate to in a few years time, and I was also wondering how the Tourism does here. I'd be looking for Tourism sector jobs (as that's what I'm trained to do), but many people are telling me its a generally lacking industry- is this true?

Thanks jen_lilstar for your support :)

Hi Jen_lilstar.

Thank you for the sharing. :)

Regards,
Harmonie.

the prices nowadays is wonderful too . actually its a chance

Jen_lilstar wrote:

I am a British girl that has lived in Sharm for nearly 18 months now. I went back to England for Christmas and returned to Sharm on 25th January - the start of the revolution!

During the revolution and in the time since then there has been no problems or trouble in Sharm el Sheikh. I wish the tourists would start to come back like before cos the tourism industry is really struggling.

I want to let all people know that everything is safe here and no one needs to be worried.

Yalla - Bring the tourists back to Sharm!!!

just came from this charming city,its still hypnotizing as before :)

tourists are starting to be back as before so dont worry at all :)
Yalla Yalla all will be back ;)

I was there, and it was complete.
FYR: "I started the journey back to home "Cairo" at 6:00PM by my car"

malsi wrote:

I was there, and it was complete.
FYR: "I started the journey back to home "Cairo" at 6:00PM by my car"

I also came nearby this time but the tunnel was totally blocked for an accident