English teaching in Thailand

Hi Guys and Girls

Is Teaching in Thailand with an TEFL still an option?
Please share with us your experiences and some details. :)

Thank you! :)

https://www.ajarn.com/recruitment/brows … index.html

Dedicated teaching forums are probably the best place for exploring the subject of teaching.

Yes. It is not required to have a TEFL certificate in Thailand to teach but you must have a degree. However it is for the best you get one as it may be a requirement in the future. You can see more information on www.teachinthailand.online. Hope this helps.

Thank you Dominic! :)

I'm a 22-year teaching veteran and just can't be bothered with the pitiful salaries that foreigners are paid here for the hassle.

I've moved to online teaching.  The money is better, the hours are better, it's a win-win situation.

Who do you recommend for online ?
Dada?

Hi

I just read your post about online teaching.

I'm thinking about moving to teach in Thailand and am interested in online teaching while Im there and was hoping I could get some info from you.  I've taught before in Japan, Korea and Hong Kong but it's been a few years ago now.

I dont know a lot about teaching in Thailand.

My email address is ***  if you wanna drop me an email.

Thanks a mil

Bren

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

Hi there

I'm currently living in south Africa but my family and I want to move to Thailand. I am an online teacher, working for a Chinese company.  What sort of work visa/permit would I apply for to be ableto continue my work in Thailand?
Thanks in advance for your help

I think there are plenty of people with online e-commerce businesses, and I doubt that they have working visas. I don't know if that is legal or not.

My guess is that you can't do work that competes with locals. An online business (or hobby) is not competing with local people.

Ask a migration agent.

Awesome, thanks for the speedy response. If I get more clarity I will post it here for other people's future reference

CLeigh84 wrote:

Hi there

I'm currently living in south Africa but my family and I want to move to Thailand. I am an online teacher, working for a Chinese company.  What sort of work visa/permit would I apply for to be ableto continue my work in Thailand?
Thanks in advance for your help

Just curious as to which type of visa you will apply for to stay longterm if you're working online? Especially with a family... previous poster said you didn't need work permit working online, but you still need a visa for you and each family member.