Dual citizenship for child

I am planning to move to DR after giving birth here in the US(at least for a few years). I am a US citizen and my husband is Dominican. My son would technically be a US citizen since he will be born here, however I was interested in getting dual citizenship for him. Does anyone know how to go about doing that? Google does not give me any info for my specific situation. Thanks in advance.

You will need his birth certificate as well as dad's documentation. It's not a big deal to do and I believe it can be done at the DR consulate abroad or here at,the appropriate office. I don't know what it's called here. The father should know.

Great. Thanks planner.

New topic