CTC documents for Dependent Pass

Dear Members,

Can anyone please advise how to get birth and marriage certificates certified as true copy for Indian nationals?

Maheshashok :

Thanks much Gravitas! You saved me. I went thru the links and got BC and MC attested.
Anyways let me summarize for others bcoz agents demanded close to 500$ to get this done which got completed in less that 3-4 hrs.

To get Birth and Mrg certificate attested do as below:
1) Go to your State secretariat, Foreign secretary wing and provide them with Marriage certificate , Birth certificate , Passport copies of Self spouse and kids.Visa Letter copies. For chennai, Location is St George Fort. It took less than 1 hr to get it attested. Timing 9am - 12pm.
2) After Attestation from Secretariat, Reach out to External Affairs in you location. For chennai its in Nungambakkam EVK Sampath Building , ,7th floor. Got to carry Postal Order) of Rs 50 for each document. Copies of Marriage certificate, Birth certificate and Passport of self and kids required. they collect the doc between 10 am to 1 pm and they stamp them and return on the same day at 4.30 pm.
3) After these attestations are complete head towards, Consulate of Malaysia with attested copies and Originals with your passport copies. Doc collection time is between 9 am - 12 pm. It will be returned on the same day at 3.30 pm. Fees Rs 200 for each document.

Thanks Gravitas for the details. Would you know the process if I want to get the documents attestation in Malaysia.

Enquire at the Indian High Commission what they can help with (I think part of the process needs doing in India before departure)

https://www.indianhighcommission.com.my … cate.html#

Attestation of Marriage Certificate/Birth Certificate/ Death Certificate/ true copy of passport:

Duly Completed application   SERVICE FORM- click here for   MISC. SERVICE FORM.
Photographs -Two recent passport size ( 5 cm x 5 cm) 
Original passport and its photocopy (1st, last, valid visa and other endorsement pages)
One photocopy of the certificate duly attested by Attestation Section/Apostle Cell, Ministry of External Affairs, Jawahar Lal Nehru Bhawan, Janapath Marg, New Delhi-110011. ( alternatively it can be got attested from MEA Branch Offices at Chennai, Guwahati, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Panaji or RPOs in Bangalore, Chandigarh, Goa, Mumbai and Trivandrum.
Note: Please note that all original documents/copies requiring attestation or Apostille should be first authenticated by the designated authorities of the State/Union Territory from where the document has been issued. In case of personal documents, Home/General Administration Department of the concerned State Government/Union Territory are the designated authorities. The same certificate/document should then be apostilled /attested by Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi or its branch offices as stated above before submission to High Commission for attestation.
Details of Regional Authentication Centres (RACs) in the States/Union Territories from where the documents should first be authenticated and for procedure for attestation in India, please see http://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm.
In case attested true copy of the document is required, original need to be presented for scrutiny.
In case the document originated from any Malaysian Institution, prior attestation from Malaysian Foreign Affairs, Wisma Putra is required. All Malay documents are required to be translated in to English and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

It looks like a long procecure to get birth certificate and marriage certificate attested here in India. Today I submitted an application for document attestation to Home dept, Jharkhand state. They asked me to submit an application with two copies of birth and marriage certificate. They advised me to check with them after a week as the application would be forwarded to the regional office from where they were issued for verification. Once done they would then attest the original documents.

Once this process gets over, I would then get the documents attested from Ministry of External Affairs, India.

I will update the forum on progress. Thanks for help.

Hi Gravitas - Quite useful info. Thanks.

At the MEA office, there seems to be two different processes. 1. Attestation 2. Apostille.

Could you please clarify which one should be get done?

New topic