Warning for soft hearted men

The perils of falling love with a Filipino girl.

(Hi hope this post is readable I have to cut out several past to get past the moderator this is the third attempt (Fred I understand))
This is a warning to soft hearted men and to one in particular if you know him I hope you will let him know.
This became a lot longer than I thought if you want to skip to the guts of the issue scroll to Time to jump ahead highlighted.

From the outset I would like to say that the Filipino people and of course the ladies are some of the nicest and friendliest people I have met and not all are out to deceive you. I just got unlucky and was way too trusting and on my side slow to act. You can judge for yourself.
Now at first glance you may think that this is just jilted lover that out to cause trouble for an ex-partner. Everything I write can be backed up with hard evidence i.e. we chat texts (We chat is a social media app used predominately in china) and photos that follow a time line. And bank receipts for that matter. Anything that is conjecture will be prefaced with “in my opinion” or “I believe “. I think you get the idea.
So as not to drag this out I'll try and keep the early part of this saga Brief.

I met Rizi  in china the middle of 2014 she was in china to work as a bar girl and to do some singing. Being wary at first but ended up asking her out. Now it became quite clear that she had in the past worked as a bargirl and told me she never wanted to have to do that again. And that it had been many years since she had done this. I had no problems with her past anyway we had only just met. We started seeing each other and became close. Because one of the owners of the bar had lied about being able to get her a 12 month working visa he convinced to enter on a tourist visa so her stay was only 30 days. When we parted there were lots of tears and a promise that I'd keep in touch. At this stage I didn't Know if I would see her again, she wanted a relationship and had a 7 year old daughter. I'd had a bad breakup a few years earlier and was hesitant to make any promises I couldn't keep.
I received a couple of emails over the next couple of months one telling me she had gotten a job as a maid in Kuwait. This concerned me from the start. It was some time before I heard from her I had sent some emails that went unanswered. Finally I got a text say all good don't worry. I had warned her of what could happen. I had great respect for her for what she was willing to for her family.
Thing changed quite quickly texts were few because they (there were 3 other girls) weren't allowed to have a phone and had smuggle one in and all shared it. To cut a long story short. She rang me a few weeks later in tears saying she would to kill herself if she had to stay. She had a 2 year contract and was not allowed to leave the house and worked 7 days a week from 6am to 10.00 pm and was on call to look after the baby if it woke up and was still expected to start at 6 am, all for 100 US a week.
So I set about getting her out. To say the woman of the house was a bitch was an understatement. And again cutting it short I got her out at a cost of 10,000 Au.
I felt that I had done what was right for a deserving person and I still stand by that today.
It was slavery, no one should have they're passport taken from them and treated less valuable the dog. The dog got to sleep in the heated house the help were kept in out building and froze each night. I'm told they do this so the help wants to go to work in the morning to get warm. I understood that she needed to support her family so I paid her the 100 US a week that she would have got in Kuwait, And for two years. At the time money was not a problem. I was thinking at least this is one girl that won't be beaten and raped.

I just felt it was needed to be done. There was one thing I asked of her and that was to use the time to educate herself unfortunately this didn't happen. Now, I still had no intention of having a relationship. Rizi contacted me thanking over and over and want me to come to Manila to see her. I went for 10 days by the end of the trip I was madly in love despite everything I told myself I wouldn't do. That was the beginning of a three year long distance relationship. I was in China and getting her a visa for more than 60 days was impossible and due to complication with having a work permit for Kuwait she was not allowed to leave the country for a year.  So every ninety days I went to see her because I had to leave china anyway for my visa. I brought her to China as soon as the year was up. 60 day and had to leave after 30 day so I took her to Hong Kong for a week. I thought for the first time I want to marry this girl.
So were did it start to going pear shaped.
For me it was in the end of 2016 business troubles and losing a large amount of money due to the closure of a factory with a prototype I'd been working on for a year inside and impossible to get back. This meant not as many trips to see Rizi and plans to get married and bring Rizi and her daughter to Australia would take a year at least longer. This was more heart breaking than the any money problems. I felt she was the love of my life and having her was all that kept me going though very hard times.
During our time together Rizi and I we chatted 3 or 4 times every day and if the net was good enough we would talk or video chat. Every day we were in contact from when she got back to the Philippines except when she went to visit family where the internet was bad.
Time to jump ahead.
Coming up to Christmas 2017 all seemed normal. Now the Christmas 2016 the year before I became suspicious when she seemed evasive about details of her trip to see the relatives and the lack of contact. I asked her straight out, had she had an affair.  She assured me that she could never be unfaithful and loved me more than ever, and I stupidly believed her.
So just before Christmas I sent some money for her to go to the dentist and for Christmas to get something for Brianne her daughter whom I had come feel was my daughter.

Everything was normal we used to txt sex quite a lot but phone sex was impossible because of the bad net. However I got a We Chat call on the 12th December at 2 am she was horny, her words, the net worked perfectly and 43 minutes later the call ended. Curious at how the connection was so good, but had been so bad that she had trouble texting. I still don't know where she was we she made that call. So I thought all was good between us.
Now this is where things get sketchy as I'm not really sure where she was meant to be. Because I got texts saying the net is bad and she ok don't worry. Now I thought she must have left for her relatives and we managed a few texts I asked how her trip was and she said she had not left and was still at home. Which was a little puzzling the net can be bad there but we could always text. Anyway it was the 26th and she said she that her family was off to see the relatives.
And of course the net was going to bad and she would text when she could.
For the first time ever I did not hear from her for 3 days, I started to worry, there had been bad storms but not where she was going. I started to worry that she had been involved in some kind of an accident. I started to contact her sisters on face book. Annie lives near Baracay and Amy is in Saudi. They had not heard from her and although not that close they usually contacted each other at Christmas and birthdays and the like.
On the 1nd & 2rd Jan Annie told me she had been trying to ring and message but she wasn't answering
Amy said she was not responding on face book. And both told me that she will be ok and that she loves me so not to worry.
The 3rd of January I got my first message from Rizi in 4 days. It was the most devastating message I've ever read. “Sorry to say this but I was not in Cagayan last few days.”
The next was an insult that cut deeper that knowing what was happening. “I did not ask for your help” of all the things she said to me over the next few weeks this hurt the most and she repeated this several times.
Referring back to Kuwait saying that ‘I can't stay here if I do I will kill myself' and ‘I want to get out'. I'm sorry but if that's not asking for help I don't know what is. And of course she asked for help over the 3 years.  If for some reason the money was late she was quick to remind me. Yes and I admit that before I left after a visit I always shoved 10,000 pesos in her hand. She did not ask for that. Or the clothes I bought her and Brianne

Of course the first thing I said I was I'm getting on the next plane to come and talk to you, she just said “you will never find me”. Eventually she said she was in Manila but it's a big place.
Now over the next few weeks the story seem to change a lot from' I have not been in my province for a long time' to' I'm on the bus leaving now'. And that she has never been unfaithful to me because she is on her way to meet him for the first time. And the more she texted the more convoluted the story became. And that this new man was the love of her life and he going to marry her and they wanted to have a baby. 
The impression that she was trying to impart was the she had meet him on line and that they fell madly in love and she had moved to his house in manila to live together. Saying things like, “it's only right that I should find someone to give me a better life” and “I want a house”. Now if this were true that she was going to get a better life, this was something I could understand.
This all turned out to be bullshit. Now she had blocked me for face book immediately and kept blocking me on We Chat only unblocking me to tell me to stop talking to her sisters. As I was to realize later this was probably so the boyfriend did not hear her We Chat notice go of all the time. And of course she didn't want me interrupting her holiday. The problem was I think she had been telling her family she was going to see me, and of course me asking them where she was, was more than a little uncomfortable. This guy was a big secret.
She would tell me how happy she was and how much in love she was and that he was the most caring and loving man in the world. And to top it off she sent a photo of the happy couple. And the stopped all contact.
I won't get into how I was feeling because it doesn't move the story forward and this story is taking way longer that I thought it would. Let's just say I fell into a deep depression and did some stupid things.
But so many things did not fit. Her time line was all over the place. I started contacting every relative I could find and there were a lot but many had not had contact for a long time. So I thought to get answers was I would have to draw her out. Her sisters had been told to block me they said they were sorry but Rizi said it had nothing to do with them and of course the she was in love with a new man and I was threatening them and just trying to cause trouble for the happy couple.

Causing trouble, yes, she had been caught, threatening, no. Only in the respect that I might ruin her plans
Now back when she went missing I posted a photo of her on Facebook asking if any one if anyone had seen her I was genuinely worried sick.  Now that I knew what she was doing I wanted get her attention I started offing a reward of thousand US and then I upped the ante and post his photo with ‘last seen in the company of' with both their photos.
This worked a treat within 2 day she was on We Chat abusing me. And when she got upset she started to say things that were she may not have wanted too. Nothing specific but lot more contradictions. And that the boyfriend is upset and he has read all of my emails and texts and that he was watching over her shoulder right now. I said does he know her past as a call girl. She says he knows everything about her. Of course the first thing I said was he should call me and if he says that what you say is true I'll never bother them again. I tied and tried to get her to get him to talk to me. I told Rizi what sort of a man would let this go on and upset the women he loves if a single call could end it. I know it would be the first thing I'd be doing, and have done. She said I won't let him I'll it's between you and me.
This is the moment I was pretty sure he had no idea that I exited least in the context I did.
This was when I found more painful information I did some Facebook & Google searches.

. When I had been worried about her I reopened my old Facebook account. (I had been living in china so Facebook is banned and I really don't like Facebook) I just searched Rizi and seen her picture and clicked not paying any attention to anything else. Later while searching for relatives her full name keep appearing but with a guy's picture along with a few guys with similar names. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks this is the same guy that was in the photo that Rizi sent me, only younger.
I clicked on and sure enough it was him. But Rizi had made a huge mistake She had not completely blocked all her sites. And even worse she had the date she had uploaded the photo. It was 17th of October 2016 over 14 months earlier and you can only assume that there was a physical meeting before the photo had been uploaded. That is, there was online chat, an arranged meeting and the as a show of loyalty she put his photo on the site that was allotted to him.  She used have a photo us together on her phone which obviously was changed when necessary. This reminds me I bought her two phones. She lost the first one. And she did ask for them, another 1000 AU dollars

This information changed everything. I could except that she recently meet someone and had fallen in love, maybe, and this guy was going to give her a better life that I could due to my business problems. But now I knew she had been seeing this guy for over a year and I had been with three times during this period, and quite likely just before she first got together with him.  She was cheating on both of us.
Then I stared to think. How many more could there be. My first searches reviled that she was on several social media site including 2 dating sites. Now I was in a bad state at this time and not thinking as clear as I should have. Because I did not screen save the all the sites, one site Pinterest is there and only one follower and yielded nothing except that she had been on it.  The other called “Twoo” only one follower. It had her picture and a photo of lone male from Turkey. There was a date 2015 after I got her out of Kuwait. Now I could not find get any other information unless I signed up. So I did but besides the fact that if I wanted to go further I was going to have to pay, her site disappeared from all further searches. She had obviously changed the privacy settings. So on this I have no physical proof. So I if there any other “boyfriends” it's conjecturer. But one guy is solid. If I were to theorize I would say each guy would have a dedicated site so there would be no overlap of contacts.
Now being blocked again  I went back to Facebook friends to help this time it was a business mater, which was true in some respect but will admit not absolutely necessary. But I wanted answers so I could try and move on.   Now I have a couple of shelf companies in Hong Kong and I had Rizi's name down as a director so that when the time was right it would help get her a 12 month visa and Rizi new this.
So I sent a message via a friend that said there was a document to sign to remove her from the company. Again it worked.
I got a few hostile texts then she started to ask what I wanted. And I found out a lot in what was going to be our last exchange. I explained what was needed and she was not interested because it too much trouble. She said” I'm in a bad mood I don't need this” and I replied why you've got everything you ever wanted. She said something like what do mean. I said “well you've got the love of your life you're in a nice house and being looked after” she told me that she was back with the parents and she never said she was going to be living Manila  (she did) I asked where the boyfriend was she said he work abroad.  Then it started to all make sense. But wait there's more. During the process of trying to get the document signed

I sent an email with an attached word doc. I wrote dot point what was needed. I also said that if she was not sure about it to send the document to her boyfriend and have him check. Now I was pretty sure that she couldn't because there would be some explaining to do. But on the off chance that he might know about me it was genuine advice and it would be handy to have the document signed.  And after the instructions were 3 question I said I needed answered to help me understand what had happened and I could move on. And if see did answer me she would never hear for me again.
The first two questions were basically if you love this man as much as you say why would you have a text sex session at the end of November and 40 minute phone sex session on the 12th of December just before you were to go to have the real thing with the love of your life. 
As mentioned earlier not sure where she was. There's a possibility that she was actually with him. Any time she's been in Manila in the past the nets been fine.
And then the big one, please explain why there is a photo of your boyfriend that you just meet on a Facebook page dated October 2016.
Now within 3 minutes My We Chat was going off 7 messages one after another. With things like, what is this rubbish there's no document this is a trick, you're tying to trick me into sending these questions to my boyfriend. This is shit. I managed to get a text back saying settle down it's not a trick there is a doc attached have a look. She fired back that she won't open anything because it could be a virus. The truth is she probably didn't know what to do with it. That's why is wasn't a Pdf. I was sure that would confuse her.
While I had the opportunity of being unblocked and she was angry I asked had she been with him last Christmas. What's the point of telling you now! Was all she had to say,  she Knew I knew
I have found out that if she was ever caught out lying she would never say admit it, always a deflection and a story.  Pretty obvious she had been meeting up with him for some time. And that he has no idea of the truth about me and most of what she been up to. There is the possibility that this is an every six month thing and he just pays her. But I'm concerned that he might actually have feelings for her and is regularly sending money and believing all the bullshit that I'd believed, and that there are others being caught in the same trap.

If I had not got worried, or she had texted a day earlier she would not have got caught and by now everything would be back to, what was normal and we would be sexting from time to time and chatting every day. The Irony is business is looking good and one of the things I wanted to tell her was I'm coming for you and we're getting married and we will be at last together. I had it all planned, I was going to go to her parents' house ask her father permission to marry his daughter and literally pick her up and carry her to the waiting car. Yeah I know all too soppy but I had waited a long time for her.
  I keep telling myself how lucky I was to find out before this happened. But a part of me wishes I had never made that contact with her sisters. I'm still a mess but I'm hoping that I save others the pain I've suffered. The only advice I can give is, sadly is if you're in the same situation I was don't be 100% trusting. Do the odd google search and, it sounds bad but check her phone from time to time. And be aware or changes in habits like dropping out of contact. Come up for a reason you need to see the receipt for the dentist she had to see.
I was going to  send a photo of the guy and of Rizi and me. But that's a no no.
Now I know he does not live in the Philippines but I hope someone recognizes him and lets him know what's happening. I will give my email and real name so at best he can tell me he knew everything and they will live happily ever after or I will save him a huge heartache and a lot of money.
It seems I'm not allowed to any contact info so replying through the comments is it.
I assume you can access my site. I'm new so not quite sure about what navigation.

Wayne

Speaking of scams.  There it an advertisement with a site saying"4 friends have unfriended me". 1 been on this site for less than a day.  I have not friended (is this a word now) anyone. And why would  I care.
This site is clearly preying the insecure. And payed by the click.  Should this really be on this site.

For me this girl (your girl)is a nightmare. .im a pure pinoy,to be honest with you i realy dissapointed!im so sorry but if the chocolate get melted do not expect it will be mold in her real shape. .too much lies too much hurts bro. .

Sorry to be harsh but you got scammed by a bar girl, plain and simple. She is probably scamming a dozen guys. Move on and never date bar girls again,  again plain and simple.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Personal attack
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Wayne i truly believe you are disturbed man, I read your remarks and I can not believe that some one can write such a rubbish here, all this guys are telling you how you got scammed, nothing wrong with that and probably they have been to, this is why they will say what they say, unfortunately you misunderstood what they trying to tell you, I kind of feel sorry for you, the way you turned out to be, bitterness will not give you happy life, forget the past and move on ASAP.

You come on here and rant and piss and moan about your misfortune.  Face it, you set yourself up.  All Filipina women are not alike, but you chose a bar girl, so you chances of hooking up with a scammer are exponentially increased.  You got scammed and now your sad and bitter.  I don't know why I took the time to read all the rubbish you wrote.  Dude, you set yourself up and you got scammed.  Don't take your bitterness out on others for pointing out the obvious to you.  Calling them names and choosing to try to defend your writing is again pathetic.  And thus sympathy will not come your way.  You have a sad, sad story.  It happens, get over it and move on.  Otherwise you will just stay bitter, and life is too short!

hello
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you. I also had a bad experience here in the Philippines but also in my home country. There are girls everywhere who take advantage of having a good heart. The most important thing is that you don't give up on yourself and don't have the hope to find real love. I found her right after my bad experience. We've been together for a year now and it's just perfect. I now have my first child and yes, it is a Filipina. Many had advised me after the first relationship go to a girlsbar and have a one night stand. But I hate those kind of bars, and I'm never gonna go into one of those. I'm just feeling sorry for the girls and I know most of them don't do it for fun but for their family to bring some money home. And mostly hoping to find a foreigner who really loves her. I just want to say don't give up, and especially the girls here. You'll find the right one. Many greetings

O well live and learn the amount of times I read about guy's being screwed over I can't get over
I mean really would they date a prostitute in there own country?
If it's a bar girl it's her job not love
I see this in Philippines, Thailand,and every time the guy thinks he's the only one..wake up boy's if she's in the play4pay area of any Asian counrty that's your red flag
Pay them then forget them if that's what you want..no point in being the white knight

One mistake is enough. .two mistakes is too much and three mistakes is totaly dangerous. .i understand you bro you love her so much but ask your self if she loves you like the way you love her. .i have a friend (girlbar)but when she find a foreigner lover she quit her job as prostitute then she focus on her foreign bf until they get married. .she studying and now she have a new life and have a happy family. .i know not all people or girls are same attitude or same situation like my friend. .but it is a simple logic. .if she loves you real she's made a way to make you happy. ..as your words said she always lie and lies and lies to you. .enough bro. .move on. .find another woman. Woman who gives you true love.

Think you missed the point of the exercise no piss or moan.  It's about reminding men in long distance relationships or leave home for work.
And do a few net searchers check their phones and notice a change of behavior.  If they got nothing to hide it won't be a problem.
So this is not about ME it's about you and others in the same situation.

Thanks for the feed back.  Unfortunately there have been a few that think this was about me.  It is not. Its about you and others in similar relationship ships.  A few net searchers early and along the way, a face book search. A quick search of the phone.  Only someone with something to hide has something to hide.
Ironically she would get jealous so I thew her the phone and said go for it. I wished I'd done the same. .
Cheers

Thanks for the feed back and understood the point of the exercise.  It was not about me.  It's about others and to be a little vigilant.
I love the Filipino girls and have no interest in a western girl.  I believe if I had of married her in the fist six months and move to the Philippines and I could have. She would got the security she needed. 
Again thanks for a well thought out reply and showing respect for the girls.
Cheers

Seems my post was censored. Oh well.

HAHA Bold, try again, but then I see some getaway with everything ????and to Wayne please do not worry about others, we will, all here take care of ourselves, one way or the other, you will not be first or last that this happened to, thousands more are in the same way. but we pick up and move on, past is past and don't sexiset in  next day, leave it there in past.. tomorrow is always going to be better than today.

Cheers dude.  It's all good. I love getting the opportunity to ***
Thanks bro

Reason : Not suitable for forum : swearing

So sorry that this happened to you.I had something similar happen to me and fell in love also lost a lot of money. I'm actually living in the Philippines now and have a very honest girlfriend. But there are a lot of scammers.  I'm from Canada and retired. After having problems before with online relationships.I was very careful this time and now have a wonderful trusting girlfriend here.Been together for over 2 years.A lot her family and relitives are honest like she is.Some would like me to find them a man like me.Hahaha.Anyway.I wish you the best.

Guys,let's be honest.Rich and successful retired men from so-called "First World" countries will never move to Philippines. You wanted to save money,to find nanny and caregiver.This is roulette and business. Why do you say about love ? You are people from different planets. You have different background,education,culture,traditions. In this case a Philippino Lady won,in other case might be you win. LOL. If you are together,be ready,that she will hang all her relatives on your shoulders and wallet. I have a Canadian acquaintance,who decided to find a Russian wife.He visited Russia,they got married,he brought her in Canada and then she said him:"Adios,Honey,ciao,maassalama,bye". He complained me. I recommended hom to take mirror and look at himself. :-) A good,successful,well-educated woman from great country Russia would never stay with this poor Canadian looser. There is similar situation with your Philippino efforts,guys. Take mirrors and look at yourself.Good luck in "Russian roulette". :-)

Sorry to say to every one, but Vadim is right, a Man from first world country will never retire in Philippines, this is so true, that is all I need to say.

Pfff it is really the most stupid thing I have ever read today  :D. Thanks for the good laugh  :D.

Unfortunately  that reply was meant a a specific  individual.  Who's attitude was just basically  duck the Filipino women but never marry one.  Sorry but that's racist and bigotry.
All but this particular moron were extremely supportive.  And understood that this was not a me. But a simple warning.
I sorry you got this reply out of context.
I have a deep respect for the Filipino ladies. And will. Be back to again.

Of course it is not for you as I have a lot of empathy for your case.  I saw several cases like yours.

Unfortunately  that reply was meant a a specific  individual.  Who's attitude was basically only *** the Filipino women but never marry one.  Sorry but that's racist and bigotry.
All but this one particular  were extremely supportive.  And understood that this was not a me.  And was not a "sob story "But a simple warning.
The *** even said he only read the first 2 lines. 
I sorry you got this reply out of context.
I have a deep respect for the Filipino ladies. And will. Be back to again as as possible.
it was meant to a *** to some that deserves it. And yes it a p*** take.  Glad you got a laugh.

Reason : Swearing and personal attacks are not allowed

That was probably the longest post I've read, or rather, glanced at in this forum. I might have to take notes to understand fully. Haha.

Anyways, you are not alone. And don't bother warning other men about your ex-gf. Love is not just blind. It is also deaf. The last person they will listen to is someone whom they think is a jilted lover.

Like you, I had an online love. When I was still in my 20's, I had a bf I met online. He was from another Asian country. From our conversations, he found out that I had a green card.

He visited me in the Philippines for a few weeks. He wanted us to move to the US. I told him I didn't want to because I was not ready and I was still taking MBA classes at the University of the Philippines.

A classmate, whose parents are from the same Asian country, warned me, "Once he gets off the boat, there's nothing stopping him from moving on to another girl." I wanted to believe that he would not do that to me, but I also felt pressure from him to establish a 2-year US residency, and petition him so we can both be there.

I took some time off to reflect, had a moment of clarity, and broke up with him.

My situation was not as bad as yours. But there are ones worse, a lot, worse than yours, such that they end up homeless in the streets of Metro Manila. Learn from your experience and move on.

Good points and advice mom!

I stand to be corrected, but am sure this site was made so expats share not only information but also experiences. So am a bit sad on how some individuals commented on this post. Yes indeed it was a long post and very detailed to some extent, where i myself just skimmed through some parts. But it was his experience he was sharing, if you have no good wishes or something to add you just move on to the many other topics posted on the forum and make a useful contribution.

I have known and come across many individuals, who upon venting out on a forum like this helps them move on from the problem or at least makes them feel a bit okay. We all have ways of expressing or letting go of an emotion, and just like Wayne here, i like to write some emotions down on a personal blog or something. Clearly from the concept of the story he was trying to cut across to many here was that he was in pain and it was something that really affected him and just maybe writing his experience and letting others know of the ordeal he went through is some sort of therapy of letting finally go of the pain and moving on in life.

In all, what i am also trying to say is that lets be either sympathetic or just share a similar experience on issues such as Wayne's. There are a lot of bad things happening in the world already, a little love to a stranger on the internet won't hurt.

Wayne, sorry for what you went through i myself have had my heart broken before and seen a lot of friends and acquaintances go through worse. So thank you for sharing and hope you have healed and moved on.

wow  Wayne, what a story.  Way too long. You should of done some research and you would of found out that dating a bar girl is a,big mistake.  There are lots of things someone can watch on you tube,  Including by a guy named Reekay,from Ca. My advise to expats,is know ahead of time, what is safe to do.

Thanks for your positive reply.good luck in the future

VADIM DIVER SAYS RICH AND SUCCESSFULL GUYS WILL NEVER RETIRE IN THE PHILIPPINES. Where does that come from. There are quite a few well off foreigners that I personally know who have settled in the Philippines.  They do so mainly because of the great qualities that a lot of Filipinas have. Also because of the climate, food and cost of living. I am not rich but make 6 figures USD and will be retiring to the Philippines in a few years. I married a great Filipina lady 12 years ago and am happy. Hate to see all of these silly generalizations including that bar girls are always scammers, on-line dating never works etc etc etc. Each scenario needs to be looked at individually

I shared a taxi with an Aussie guy in Manila who had married a bar girl and she had taken all his savings. His remark stuck in my mind that u can take the girl out of the bar but cannot take the bar out of the girl.  Apart from this there are some nice ladies in the Philippines and the hard work is finding them.

I'm with Morgacj2004.  I make six figures in Los Angeles and am getting close to retiring in the Philippines. 

For a number of years, I partied with bar girls (Filipina and otherwise), and some of them were my girlfriends for various periods.  Almost all the Filipinas tended to ask me for money after I stopped giving it to them in exchange for services.  My last gf of several years told me she was finished with me three times after I kept saying "no" from back in LA, although I did send her money sometimes because we had a good relationship  She was not a bar girl but a single mom of two who needed extra money; I met her through friends.  But she was a party girl, not wife material.

I decided to settle down with a Filipina, preferably one with a couple of young daughters since I never had kids.  After a search on FilipinaCupid.com, I narrowed down a long list, met about 10 briefly in Dec. 2016, and settled on one.  I tried to send her money a couple of times, and she refused.  Good sign--EXCELLENT sign.

We spent 10 days together in March, three with the kids; two weeks in May; and three weeks in September.  I'm in the middle of a 7-week visit right now. I've met her family; we get along.  I'll move here in the next year or so.  I'm changing my life to be a loyal husband and good dad; they deserve it.  Each visit confirmed my decision--I was prepared to bail if I saw any red flags.

I had enough experience with Filipinas and knew details of others' experiences with scammer Filipinas to feel sure of my choice.  Even though I am twice her age, it is working.  Such could never happen in America.

It's not my perfect relationship since she is a conservative Filipina and I am a wild American; we have our areas of different values. But it is still a fantastic, fulfilling relationship.

So don't give up hope of Filipinas; most are sweet and loyal.  Just make sure you actually know them first.  I think it's foolish to send money to someone you haven't met. So DON'T.

Sad... Thanks for the warnings.  I read the entire thread ( including the long initial story).  I could never seriously consider a long distance relationship... period.  Relationships (where you are together all the time) are difficult enough.  Everyone has physical and emotional needs and these require you to be emotionally and physically present.  (Some have made it work but it is really a crap shoot.)

It is heart breaking when girls feel desperate enough to sell intimacy (that should be reserved for someone they care for) for money or just to survive.  I dont know their circumstances so I try not to judge (desperate people do desperate things).  The problem is with each business transaction they lose more of their feelings of self worth and ability to develop normal trusting, loyal and caring relationships.  Intimacy (and their version of love) become superficial and cheap or something to be traded or bartered with.  Lies to others and even themselves become part of the tools for survival, getting ahead and a coping mechanism for their job. In short... (most) bar girls dont have the ability to be faithful loyal partners.  You can never really trust them anymore than you can truly trust a family dog that has turned on and attacked your child.  If you are with them better not turn your back.

Sorry dude and I am sure it hurts.  But in my view it was based on your own negligence, i.e. not verifying.

Maybe you have heard the phrase, "Trust but Verify"!

In dealing with online and overseas relationships, you need to modify the phrase, "Trust but Verify" to remove the words "Trust but" and operate 100% on the phrase "Verify".

For you and anyone reading this, the best way to verify in the Philippines, is set up a meeting with the Family!  If you do this, you will get a real feel and insight into the person you are interested in.

If it's legit, the gal would have no problem setting this up.  If her family is in another area, like a province and she is in Manila, then set up a video chat.  Then question the family about her background to make sure it's her family.  Ask to see some childhood photos.  Another point of validation Every Filipino family has pics!!

In the Philippines they still do chaperoned dating to check you out.  So turn the tables and deal with the Family to check her out.

If you have a good family they will welcome this.  And by good family I don't mean "well off", but just a good family dynamic.

If a relationship gets serious, they say "if you marry a Filipino you marry the Family".  If that's so you need to know the Family anyway, so do the family meeting first or early into the relationship.

I guarantee if you get a "good family" and a good vibe about her and the family, you will have a 95 % chance of avoiding scams.

Sorry to say, you reversed the phrase, "Trust but Verify" and you only did "Trust".  Bad move!!

I will tell you how important the Family concept is, when my wife, who was here in the US already, and I got serious, her family sent someone from the family from Manila to the US, to CHECK ME OUT!

On our first date here, I met her "surrogate family" that she stayed with in the US and it was a chaperoned date!  Me and the entire Family, kids included.

VERIFY ALWAYS! And then VERIFY AGAIN!

We tried to convince a friend of this, but oh no he knew better!  Money and Sex was involved.  So very hard to convince him.

Now he's sorry!  Your experience is proof positive of, Never Trust, Until you VERIFY!

This is the first time I have read through this thread....What a lot of crying and whimpering !
If you might re-read the post copied from above, it addresses the author, the topic, and says it all !

ChuckG 12 February 2018

"You come on here and rant and piss and moan about your misfortune.  Face it, you set yourself up.  All Filipina women are not alike, but you chose a bar girl, so you chances of hooking up with a scammer are exponentially increased.  You got scammed and now your sad and bitter.  I don't know why I took the time to read all the rubbish you wrote.  Dude, you set yourself up and you got scammed.  Don't take your bitterness out on others for pointing out the obvious to you.  Calling them names and choosing to try to defend your writing is again pathetic.  And thus sympathy will not come your way.  You have a sad, sad story.  It happens, get over it and move on.  Otherwise you will just stay bitter, and life is too short!"

Us old guys are still effected by love and it can happen even if you know there is danger signals. Expats who have a history of relationships are better off to deal with the scammers but its the new chaps maybe with no experience or very little who fall for the Filipino charm and I feel sorry for. Lets hope they read up on these forums before taking the plunge. We frown at internet dating but at least it gives the opportunity of investigating a lady and even how good her English is.

Hi thanks for the comments.  Yes it was too long.  I needed to get the point across that this girl had made an effort to not be a bar for. And that when I got her out of Kuwait I had no intention of having a relationship.
I'm convinced that had I been able to get her into China an live with me it would have been different.  But she had way too much time on her hands and decided she would play the long game.  Instead of a fifty bucks a night she went for 3 or4 grand a year from  2 or 3 suckers like me.

Thanks for the support dude.  But as I said in response to one comment.  .  It's all good. I love getting the opportunity to ***
Thanks bro

Reason : Not suitable for forum : swearing

Sir - I am sorry you had to learn a very difficult lesson the hard way.

Rule #1 in any culture or country is NEVER GO FOR THE BAR GIRL!!!!   There are so many wonderful and honest women here in the philippines looking for a nice man.

Rule #2 - Dont hand out your money so easily. You cannot give enough money no matter how much..... it is NEVER enough.

This is a tough place and really no place for soft hearted men!!

Welcome to Philippines

The Kuwait story and the bargirl are very typical of the experiences of the OFW.  Slavery is very much alive and well in the middle east as well as the occasional murder.  While living the middle east as contractor for USArmy I met many.  There are diamonds out there but many are also well abused by others including their kids daddies and unafraid to return the favor.

Lem :sick

Closed