Teaching in kuwait

I was hired by a school in Kuwait through an agency. Im from Philippines and has been teaching for nine years. Just want to know if it is safe to work in Kuwait. I was offered to have free accomodations, food and fare, just want to know what kind of accomodation will I have? I was offered 220KD as my salary. Please give me a background of working in Kuwait as a teacher. I am hesitant to continue because of the bad things I have heard about working in Kuwait. Pls give me informations.

KD220 is low. Unfortunately staff from Asia get paid less than their Western or Arab equivalents. Teachers from those backgrounds would easily get 2x-4x more.

Retail sales assistants or cashiers normally get between 2-300. Just to give you an idea. But they normally pay for their own transport and rent.

Rent for a partition room or whole room might be 40-100 or more depending on the area. Private bus transport might be 20-30.

Therefore, if your transport and rent is included, you can probably save a lot of your pay.

At the end of the day if the maths work for you compared to your current situation, it might be worth thinking about. Check the prices of flights home as well on kayak.com, if flights are not in your package.

220kd is very low even for Filipina, my wife works as a dental nurse in KU and makes 450kd including accommodation and transport. However, each person is different. Kuwait is safe as long as you are very careful, especially going out at night, please don't do it alone and you should be fine. You will be able to save at least 50% of that salary, with 1kd = about 170 pesos right now that will all depend on you if it is a good salary or not. There are a lot of Filipina here so don't worry you will find friends if you come. Ask to speak to teachers in your school via the management.

Thank you so much for all the information you have given to me, they are very helpful.