Forum Newbie!

Hi Folks,
I have been living in Colombia for six years, I am a retired English Police Officer, having retired nearly twelve years ago, I moved out to property I had in Spain, unfortunately at the last minute my then Wife changed her mind, and didn't want to leave the UK. After spending a few years living alone, I decided it was time to look for a life Partner, and met my now wife who is Paisa, online, after months on Skype, I came to visit her, and we clicked, so I returned to Spain, sold everything, and came back here, where I have been ever since.
Colombia is now my home, we live in a small finca outside Medellin, and I wont be leaving any time soon...not of my own volition anyway!
I continue to learn new things everyday, and am also happy to share what I have already learned.
2019 will be a big year for me, as it is my intention to apply for Colombian Nationality, for two reasons, one, the final step in my move to Colombia, and making it home, and the second, to stop the need and expense of applying for Visas.
I look forward to exchanging information with you guys.

Hello from one limey to another. I live in San Antonio just out side Rio Negro with my German Shepard,been here nearly a year before that the USA & Panama for many years . No plans to move again as i really like Colombia. If you are so inclined my email is *** . drop me a line.
Have a good one.
Richard

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi we get up to San Antonio quite often, usually on a Sunday, can't beat the Postres there. We are down outside Copacabana, maybe we'll run into each other, I'll look out for your dog!  All the Best

PhilCo58 wrote:

I continue to learn new things everyday, and am also happy to share what I have already learned.

2019 will be a big year for me, as it is my intention to apply for Colombian Nationality, for two reasons, one, the final step in my move to Colombia, and making it home, and the second, to stop the need and expense of applying for Visas.

Dear Phil,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of expat.com ....

and thanks for sharing your knowledge in a big way on various threads from the start. :top:

We appreciate clear and informative posts from newcomers (and veterans) such as yourself.

If you find the citizenship process daunting, keep in mind that under the new rules, most visas such as M-class visas for pensioners and investors now last for three years.  The M's replace the old one-year TP visas.

cccmedia in Depto. de Nariño

Thanks, I now have a five year Residents Visa, I wasn't aware the Pensionada Visa had changed from a year, thats good news for people coming over now.

The Nationality exam isn't that hard, my problem at my age, is memory, I went to the Gobierno de Antioquia for advice, and at the time they told me that as I had been married for more than two years, to apply, so I studied for three months, applied, paid, and then found out that I had to have the Residents Visa first, then if I was married I could apply after two years (hence June 2019 is the date from issue of the visa) or if I wasn't married to a Colombiana five years. So next January I will start studying again.