Permanent Residency ? Naturalization ? Dual Nationality ?

Alright I needed some info regarding gaining nationality in Indonesia .

1. What are the requirements ?
2. Is there a permanent residency option ?
3. How can one qualify to become a resident if there are no PR options , employment visa ?
4. Does Indonesia permit dual nationality ?

Thanks . or Teri Makasih :D

I can only answer number 4
Indonesia does not currently allow dual nationality, the only exception are children till around age 18

Best contact the local Indonesian embassy in your home country and ask there as the staff should provide you with the best and correct answers but I am sure it won't be easy.

gunner757 wrote:

Alright I needed some info regarding gaining nationality in Indonesia .

1. What are the requirements ?
2. Is there a permanent residency option ?
3. How can one qualify to become a resident if there are no PR options , employment visa ?
4. Does Indonesia permit dual nationality ?

Thanks . or Teri Makasih :D

I can speak with some authority on this one as I've done it.

1 - Been in the country legally for five years continuously or ten years on and off is the big one to start with. If you can tick that box I'll tell you the rest.

2 - Yes, with a lot of ifs and buts.

3 - Retire

4 - No, except for kids up to the age of 17.

To gain Indonesian citizenship, you will need to give up your own citizenship. The big question is, do you really believe it is worth it, since once done it is irreversible and you will be an Indonesian citizen since Indonesian does not recognize dual nationality. Even if your children hold both Indonesian citizenship as well as your own citizenship, they will need to choose one or the other when they reach 18 years of age. Personally, I wouldn't give up my British nationality in a million years and I think most other people wouldn't either. Can't imagine why you'd want to do it yourself.

Permanent Residency has limitations and for example is less advantageous than the MM2H status that Malaysia offers.

If you do eventually give up your own nationality to become an Indonesian, you will likely be paid along local lines rather than as an expatriate. You would also need to compete for jobs with the locals who speak fluent Indonesian.

Think carefully before making the decision.

Again, speaking as someone who has completed the process rather than guessing, the above part about local wages is totally wrong.
In fact, much as this is a bonus rather than an intention, my ability to find satisfying employment has been enhanced significantly as I no longer have the need of a work permit and immigration documents.

Good for you Fred.

Which field are you in? Engineering? Oil & Gas? Finance?

visa indonesia

options ; first voa or visa 211 (social visa)

1. marry an indonesian , kitas 2 years (visa 317)  then apply KITAP (visa 5 years then
    apply to be local indonesian

2. putup a company in indonesia (PT) be its shareholder 3-4 years apply kitap then
     apply to be local indonesian

cheers,
rick