Employment pass pending

hi, i need some advice its my first time to work in singapore but my epass is still on process, they applied me for epass (jan 13 2018) until now its pending but last jan 21 MOM emailed the company and ask for documents and jan 31 they ask for some documents again and they email again feb 4 and said that the MOM just want to justify  why they want to hire me and plus other documents.

im a filipino and they hired me because  one filipino resigned and they cancel his e- pass also and his salary is a little higher than mine . 

im just worried is there a chance that it will be rejected? and how long will it take ?

Not sure what was your employer's rational to hire a foreigner. Now a days, MoM is very strict and want proper justification from the employer why they hired a foreigner, they too ask to show as proof from the employer that they had interviewed Singaporeans and their skills didn't match with the job profile. If employer failed to convince MoM then chances are likely that they may reject your pass application. Time duration of pass approval can be in between 2 weeks to 4 months. Good luck

Note: You can't say that a Filipino resigned so they hired another Filipino or a foreigner. This is not a criteria to hire a foreigner.

oh i see. so it depends on the employer, on how will they justify my application.
thank you 😊 i just hope ill get the result this week

did you get your pass yet ?

until now its pending 😐

still? they say they only take less than 3 weeks when it comes to online apply

thilina1990 wrote:

Did you read any of the related threads on this forum?
The processing time is currently 1 - 2 months.

My application is pending for 75 days. After application MOM asked for few more documents which were provided within 20 days of application.

beppi wrote:
thilina1990 wrote:

no they are saying that its within three weeks in their official website (MOM) for online applications

r8rai wrote:

My application is pending for 75 days. After application MOM asked for few more documents which were provided within 20 days of application.

too much of time !

thilina1990 wrote:
beppi wrote:
thilina1990 wrote:

no they are saying that its within three weeks in their official website (MOM) for online applications

It used to be (until two or three years ago) less than a month processing time, but the official website at that time said 8 days. Now it says three weeks and the reality is 1 - 2 month on average, sometimes more.

What kind of supporting documents they might need? I am confused now? If the company send everything, what MoM can ask as additional documents from us? Maybe more from company perspective?

You should check with your employer that what kind additional information MoM is asking for? Nobody knows here, except your employer. MoM must have asked very clearly and specifically what exactly they need. Please check with your employer and share your experience in this forum so that other aspirants can get benefit. Good luck

beppi wrote:
thilina1990 wrote:
beppi wrote:

It used to be (until two or three years ago) less than a month processing time, but the official website at that time said 8 days. Now it says three weeks and the reality is 1 - 2 month on average, sometimes more.

really that's very bad when it comes to urgent vacancies.
is it same with online and manual submission of application ?

If it's urgent vacancy then company can hire locals (Singaporean and PR), or else foreigners who are currently working in Singapore (where the verification process will be much faster). Whether it's online or not, most of cases it's taking around a month. Good luck

surya2k wrote:

If it's urgent vacancy then company can hire locals (Singaporean and PR), or else foreigners who are currently working in Singapore (where the verification process will be much faster). Whether it's online or not, most of cases it's taking around a month. Good luck

what if the required is not in the country and cannot match the candidate who selected from outside ?
so there should be a way to do things fast else the growth of companies will be significantly effected.

Those kind of stories only a kindergarten child may believe not us and certainly not MoM. There is no such urgent position gets vacant which can't be waited for a month. Moreover, no person in Singapore including millions of foreigners working here with holding various work passes can't fulfill because they don't have skills. Sounds like a worst explanation by an employer. The worst factor is that the employer didn't have any back up or business continuity plan for that position. It may happen in a developing country but not in a highly advanced, sophisticated and one of the best regulated country in the world. MoM does take steps like increasing its scrutiny on submitted documents after considering several case studies, they don't do change any process without proper assessment.

surya2k wrote:

Those kind of stories only a kindergarten child may believe not us and certainly not MoM. There is no such urgent position gets vacant which can't be waited for a month. Moreover, no person in Singapore including millions of foreigners working here with holding various work passes can't fulfill because they don't have skills. Sounds like a worst explanation by an employer. The worst factor is that the employer didn't have any back up or business continuity plan for that position. It may happen in a developing country but not in a highly advanced, sophisticated and one of the best regulated country in the world. MoM does take steps like increasing its scrutiny on submitted documents after considering several case studies, they don't do change any process without proper assessment.

simply :) . thanks for your information BTW

Hi surya2k,

i got it approved today ( 27/02/2018) and i applied it on (05/02/2018)
it took more than 3 weeks but less than 4 weeks

Thanks for your information BTW. really appreciate it :)

Congratulations!
IOt seems MoM is getting slightlky faster again - I heard of a few cases below 1 months recently, but none in the whole of last year.

Hi..

I am new to this forum.

My employer applied for my EP on 23rd JAN. MOM asked for additional documents(effort on hiring local employees) which was submitted on FEB 6th. till now the status is showing pending. my current employer is asking for last working day. I don't have any other offers. Should i wait??

Please let me know how to proceed further.

Background:
7 years of experience in Cyber security. In SAT tool i found eligible for both EP and SP.
Offered a salary of 6k per month.

Well, your alternatives are (1) wait, or (2) terminate the employment contract (the employer will then cancel the EP application). Which one do you prefer?

Thanks alot for your response. I can wait but don't know till when.

Is this a common scenario or something wrong with my application. My employer told me to wait till march 12th.

Did ou read about EP applications on this forum? It's one of the most discussed topics.
It usually takes one to two months, but in some cases up to four.

Hi Members,

I have been offered job in SG and employer has filed for EP this week, I have already lived and worked on 2 occassions in SG during 2005-2008. The firm hiring me is headquartered in SG. They have already received approval from for hiring from outside of SG. Also salary being offered is 10k plus more than the stipulated limit. What could be processing timeline. Please advise

Regards,
Mozart

Between 2 weeks to few months as each case is different to other. MoM does consider each case on its merit. Good luck

Hi sir,
I m Vishnu, I m an Indian,  my employment pass applied on January, but still pending .
I ask my H.R, he ask me due to parliament issue it was delaying..
He send me link..
channelnewsasia.com/news/business/fair-consideration-framework-singaporeans-jobs-bank-10013810

The article, which is about changes to the jobs bank to be implemented in July, has nothing to do with your EP application now. Certainly no delay was caused by this.

How know about my employment pass delay.
Any other way to check?

You should check the status on EPOnline, or ask your employer.

Mine also pending from Frb 6th.

MOM said in 60 companies, whom will applied for Epass , given continuously from April 4, my companies also out of 60.I m still waiting, what's happening now..  I m gets confused

Hello Vishnu,

you mean only 60 companies who have applied for EP are getting approval only....for others its pending.

[img align=C]Screenshot_20180421-153550[/img]

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/5 … m-sporeans

Hi All My EP got rejected over a silly mistake done by the Agency, They wrote my salary without allowances. Now I am submitting an appeal today hopefully this time it should be approved. Applied on 3rd April, Rejection Received on 21 April. MoM is giving decision with in the 3 week time frame..

My Profile : Director // Graduated from UK //Total 19yrs Experience /14K+ // 1st EP // Fresh Company // Share Capital 50K

Vishnu0061 wrote:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/500-companies-moms-watch-list-not-doing-enough-hire-groom-sporeans

The article says that some 500 companies are on a "watchlist" by MoM because of their hiring practises.
Of these, 150 have so far improved their standing and have been takn off the list. 60 companies did not cooperate with MoM and are thus now banned from hiring foreigners.
Thus if your employer is one of these 60, you will NOT get a work pass. Better look for a new employer and job!

is there a way to find the names of those companies?

If MoM did not publish them: No!

Mine is the Brand New Company and I am the 1st Employee of the company.

Hi, same situation here
Applied on 4th April 2018 and haven't received any update yet(25/April/2018) Salary offered by the company is 12++ sgd/month. And my nationality is Indian.