The jobs that are the most in-demand for expats in the USA

Hello,

We invite you to share some information regarding the job market for expats in the USA. This information will be incredibly helpful to anyone considering moving there, so we're very grateful for your contribution.

What are the types of jobs that are easily accessible to expats in the USA?

What are the ones most in-demand for expats?

Which industry and/or jobs have limited workforce?

Are there any existing surveys, data, or reports done regarding this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

You will be hard pressed finding specific jobs or industries easily accessible to expats published or analyzed considering US immigration requirements on the employer side.  You can find some info on US Dept of Labor and travel.state.gov.  I dare to call everything biased or created to justify an analysts existence:)
It depends on what an expat brings to the table and what an employer needs to fill. IT still draws and so do multi national companies. Highly educated skilled labor is employable under current immigration law.
If spouses can work depends on the visa of the actual expat. A well written resume, some interview training and generally good communication skills (including phone which seems to be a hurdle for many).
Then comes the question - what do you consider an expat? Someone who wants to spend a year or two on paid by employer adventure in the US, someone who is actively trying to improve his/her personal situation, someone who is in the US via Green Card or spousal EAD?

Hi,
I have observed a lot of expats in “Au Pair” jobs. That area seems to be doing really good but there is a spicific age group that they cater to (18-26). I am aware of many expats getting work in “IT”, Hotel and Hospitality, Pet sitting, Nursing and Housekeeping, Uber, Lyft, Postmate, Amazon delivery.....as good areas as well.
I'm sure that there are other areas. However, they may require a college degree. Some jobs can be found on sites like “Glassdoor”, “indeed.com”, “Amazon”.... there are also some sites that give information on paid internships. One can simply do a search on google to get a listing.

I am wanting to get more information regarding the legal industry in Colorado and whether the chances of getting a sponsored job are high or low and what relevant industries would this work this besides tech.

The visa I am applying for only requires a degree and for the work to require the degree to be specifically related to the role.

As I find it funny that I live 35 kms from syncrude and there is an add for syncrude on this exact page does anyone have experience in obtaining jobs in oil and gas in the the USA ( specifically plant operations ) and when your spouse applies for a visa does this entitle you to work as well or would said spouse also need to get a job offer and apply for a visa as well?
All and any advice is much appreciated and TIA

Hi Prasilla,

I'd love to share that, however I am not in the USA at the moment. So I think that would not be relevant for me to give tips.

Regards,

Khan.

I don't think there's any job that is most in demand for expats in the US.  With a population of 325 millions not counting undocumented residents, there isn't a sector in the job market that hasn't been saturated with qualified workers.

Ciambella wrote:

I don't think there's any job that is most in demand for expats in the US.  With a population of 325 millions not counting undocumented residents, there isn't a sector in the job market that hasn't been saturated with qualified workers.

You may want to read up on work related visa issued for the US - historic data can be found on travel.state.gov.

Harvesting farm products will be available as the illegal ones are rounded up and deported.

Slowly all sectors are now being saturated by qualified/skilled workers. I doubt there is any particular job that is most in demand for expats in usa.