MDEC Visa Application

Hi.

I have been employed in Malaysia for years and it came to the point that my company closed down, so I started to look for a job. I have applied to numerous companies and got shortlisted first with Company A. Company A has processed the Stage 1 of my visa application through MDEC. Yet a week after, Company B called and I got shortlisted.

To cut the story short, my previous employer have cancelled my visa, however, at the end I opted to join Company B. Given the timeline that my start date will be at the latter due to some personal circumstances that I got sick. However, Company B can't proceed as it shows active in Company A. I have contacted Company A on this issue though I have foreseen possible issues on why they won't cancelled my the Stage 1 of my visa application. Also Company A can't offer me the same job I applied for previously.

With this, I need your some advice on what can I do since Company B is waiting for me. I need your expertise on this matter.

Company A are punishing you for dropping them and causing problems. You need to make your peace and ask for their cooperation. Hopefully it will not be necessary for you to hire an attorney to handle them.

If you don't have any immigration status such as Talent Visa or PR, you should not be in Malaysia right now. As usual, when Company B manages to process Stage I with them, you will need to be outside Malaysia and enter on a VDR.