Hello I am new to this forum

My name is Jamie Flett, I am an American from Alaska but I live and work in Iraq at the US Embassy and I am considering moving to the country side of Antioquia.  I will be visiting in April and again in August to make my decision.  I am single with no kids and recently retired from the USAF.  But I am still young enough to work so why not here in Iraq making the extra $.  Anyways that's enough about me, just wanted to introduce myself.

Hi Jamie, good choice! If you want a relatively constant temperature year round, I would look in the Valle de Aburra north of Medellin, (Copacabana, Giradota, Barbosa), but then I am biased. If you want a more changeable climate then Santa Elena or San Pedro de Los Milagros, both beautiful areas, if you like rain!

Thank you Phil for your reply.  I am assuming that your profile picture is your wife?  It is amazing how much she looks like my fiance.  Same dark skin and straight black hair.  Pretty Crazy and congrats on such a beautiful lady.  I have a question for you.  Not sure if you have the answer or not but here it goes.  My Fiance is from Venezuela with family Colombian ties, however she has not had contact in years from her mothers side and she is even unsure if they know about her so she is trying to find them.  Not sure if that will help with my question or not. 

I am trying to get her to Colombia and set up our roots there.  I have contacted the only lawyer in Medellin that I could find with no reply.  I am trying to make this go as smooth as possible and was wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction.  Anything would be helpful.  Thank you Sir.

Hi Jamie,
You are right, that is my wife in the photo, she is a Paisa and proud of it!
it's over six years since I had any help, but at the time I used James Lindzey from Visas and Tramites Internacionales they did a good job, if he can't help. I'm sure he will have the contacts to point you in the right direction.
Good Luck