My friend Mary is a filipina and she is pregnant which is not married yet of Malaysian would be able she delivered here in malaysia and what are the baby procedure of visa or citizenship of malaysia ?? Pls advice thanks

Yes she can give birth at any Government hospital

She will get a birth certificate and unless the father makes the application it will say "Father unknown".

The Malaysian father has to apply for citizenship and Malaysian passport.

If she is not married the child will get Philippines nationality. (Marriage to a Malaysian is needed to get Malaysian citizenship for the child).

If she is on a foreign worker pass, she is not allowed dependents in Malaysia so the baby will have to leave the country.

Contact your Embassy for assistance.

If she is not here legally (and not married to a Malaysian) she should surrender to immigration before the child is born i.e. while she is still able to fly home.

New topic