Looking for information on Ireland Visa

Hi,

Hi, Looking for some information. I am an Indian Citizen working in Budapest. I got residence permit and address card as well. I am planning to meet one of my friend in Dublin, Ireland this month end. Visa is required for me? or it is not required?

Did you contact the embassy? They can easily tell you.

UK and Ireland are not in Schengen, open border and passportless travel between Ireland and the UK - called the CTA (Common Travel Area).  And as far as I know Indian citizens need a visa for the UK so you will need one for Ireland as well.

Thank you so much.. Yes, I got the same info from Irish embassy

surijo wrote:

Thank you so much.. Yes, I got the same info from Irish embassy

If you get a visa for Ireland, you can also visit the UK (as there's no border control between the countries). 

Obviously you still need your passport to reach Ireland or leave the UK.

But you could go north to Northern Ireland (and therefore be in the UK) - there's no border.

Yes, you need a visa to visit Ireland: https://ireland.visahq.com/requirements … t-Hungary/

surijo wrote:

Hi,

Hi, Looking for some information. I am an Indian Citizen working in Budapest. I got residence permit and address card as well. I am planning to meet one of my friend in Dublin, Ireland this month end. Visa is required for me? or it is not required?

FROM BHOLLAH

YES VISA IS REQUIRED