I have always had this thing for other cultures

& I have always wanted to have a wife who is from a different culture ,
in the recent late months I did meet a very interesting American woman who is willing to relocate to Egypt ,but it made me wonder , how is life with someone from another culture seems like ? raising kids ?when I'm off to work how can she spend her day without feeling bored ?
will she be able to adapt ?
she's a nurse , can English nurses find jobs here in their field ?

I am American married to an Egyptian, it takes a lot of adjustment for a women from the US to live here and just so you're aware most girls from the US don't like to sit in the house all day :).

As long as you are both flexible and open minded it can work, but it's not necessarily easy.

lol she was a scam , asked me for money

Omg there's a first time for everything lol

Thanks for your input on how usa woman try to adapt to Egyptian life. It's so very true we girls from usa don't like to sit home.but I will try to fit in

Loveckbe55 wrote:

Thanks for your input on how usa woman try to adapt to Egyptian life. It's so very true we girls from usa don't like to sit home.but I will try to fit in

Good luck, you'll be fine!

Is it easy to get married in Egypt?

Also, can foreigners get job of teachers???

RachelMarcelle wrote:

I am American married to an Egyptian, it takes a lot of adjustment for a women from the US to live here and just so you're aware most girls from the US don't like to sit in the house all day :).

As long as you are both flexible and open minded it can work, but it's not necessarily easy.

Heyy Rachel, can you guide me as to about the legal formalities in getting married in Egypt. I mean the legal formalities and even the medical formalities. Can I get reports from my home country ??

Awaiting your response.

BTW, I am indian planning to get married to an Egyptian.

Umm Meow wrote:
RachelMarcelle wrote:

Heyy Rachel, can you guide me as to about the legal formalities in getting married in Egypt. I mean the legal formalities and even the medical formalities. Can I get reports from my home country ??

Awaiting your response.

BTW, I am indian planning to get married to an Egyptian.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, to be honest I can't remember all the details of getting married. We had to to many places in really crowded government offices and everything in Arabic so it was a blur. Afterwards, I needed temporary residency as well, which fogs my memory even more.

However, the embassies provide instructions on marriage for foreigners. The first step was making an appointment then taking all of my identification and documents to the American Embassy to get approval to marry in Egypt. If you check the Indian Embassy website there should be a whole section on what you'll need, fees, and it should even explain what the process is that follows at the Egyptian government offices.

And you will need a medical checkup at an approved Egyptian hospital where they'll test you for diabetes, before you can marry which is weird...but...yeah...lol. Usually you'll do that after your embassy grants permission for the marriage.

Don't forget to check your embassy's website and good luck!!!

Umm Meow wrote:

Is it easy to get married in Egypt?

Also, can foreigners get job of teachers???

Getting married in Egypt is a pain. Sorry to be so direct but it's the truth. You an get a job as teacher if you speak really good English, but be careful as there are a lot of scammy  and unprofessional language schools.

Thanks so much Rachel for your response !!! I appreciate it a lot..!! :)

Umm Meow wrote:

Thanks so much Rachel for your response !!! I appreciate it a lot..!! :)

You're welcome!!!

To be honest its not that hard for him/her to adapt as long as he/she is willing to ! culture makes difference on how he/she have  being raised but once again its not that complicated ! Cheers !

lol wish i could delete the post mate ,she was just a scam wanted 400 $ lol

for real ?? lol well that's awful ! sorry  XD

Hi everyone,

Following the request of the initiator, i am now closing this thread.

Thanks all for your participation.

Priscilla
Expat.com team

[ Topic closed ]

Closed