Quietest suburbs in siem reap

After living in noisy mexico for several years I am now looking for a quiet area in siem reap......i do not mind dogs....churches or fiestas.....i do mind hearing somebodyelses music and tv.........any suggestions of good areas to look please

many thanks
Jeannie b

Unfortunately, I don't think there are any quiet neighborhoods in Siem Reap. I've lived here for 7 years, in different locations around town and noise is everywhere. And it's getting worse with more people migrating from the countryside to Siem Reap...

Cambodian people live outside, like to speak loud and love loud music. On top of that, there are also the Buddhist celebrations, weddings, funerals, birthdays, etc etc that are celebrated with deafening music from giant speakers for days in a row. And there are plenty of these celebrations. Cambodians love to celebrate.

Also read this blog post (not written by me). It's an old post but still very true. - http://cambodiacalling.blogspot.com/201 … ng-me.html

thank you i was thinking maybe out of town

The countryside is actually worse than the city center. In the city center, i would say that the French quarter is the most quiet area. But there are very few rental options.

I would recommend to find a house / appartement next to one of the larger hotels, or even next to a hospital. As these businesses also need a quiet surrounding.