Visa fiance

Hello ! : )

I'm a US citizen and I have lived in France since the age of 4.
I often go to the US to visit the rest of my family.
My boyfriend and I would like to get married overthere and to settle down so we thaught that the fiance visa could be a good idea.
Today my boyfriend found some informations about the fact that the US citizen that wants to bring her/his partner must have a job to support financially the partner while he waits for the visa.
He told me that I  would have to earn 125% more then the federal poverty line which is a problem because I never worked overthere. Is it really necessary ??
I'm 24 and i'm still a student and I don't know if it will be easy for me to find a job right away.
Is there another way ?  Would it be easier for us to take an other visa?
Have a good day !

Fiancee or spousal visa the support requirements are the same.  They want to see 3 years of tax returns to determine support ability.  You might be out of luck if you wait until after college because the way the current administration is talking, if you can believe what they say, it is only going to become more difficult.

But why not ask the pros? Or can I apply to a special place where I get a visa? Did they recognize you there?

Immigration lawyer is probably your best source, we used one in 1994, it has only gotten more complicated.

yes I thought about that but it cost a lot. : (

How are you going to prove the 125% poverty earnings?  You need to get a job that will meet that requirement and then get a letter from the employer saying what you earn and what your future looks like.  It might help to have substantial savings in your name.  If you cannot afford a lawyer than you probably cannot afford to bring a fiancee or spouse to the USA.

Travel.state.gov goes into details for spousal and fiancé visa. Soup to nuts. Affidavit of Support can be provided by co-sponsors. Do your homework then ask specific questions. Too much half baked information floating around here.

If you have no skeletons in the closets and can read and write you can go through the process without a lawyer.

Be prepared to deal with processing times. Current ones are viewable on uscis.gov.

Yes you're right. I can work in my dad's company that's not a problem.
We saved some money for the situation it will be ok.
Obtaining a visa just seems to be a long and stressful process...
Thank you for your answers.

Does anyone know if my tax return is to low for support can I submit supporting documents to show why it is low that year and be acceptable

No, your income situation and why you are earning what you do is of no interest to US immigration. The threshold for filing Affidavit of Support has to be met. You can read up details from co-sponsors to using assets on uscis.gov.