What is process to apply for jobs in Germany from India.

Hello Community Members,

I was exploring option to search for a Job in Germany. I tried to apply for a Job seeker Visa but unfortunately, in my country German Consulate do not have appointment slots  for Job Seeker Visa Category. Primarily, I am taking LinkedIn as a prime source to look for Jobs and I applied for many of them but despite matching skills and experience it looks like I am missing or making some mistake.

Can anyone share some tips/best practices to search a job in Germany ?
What is the best way to reach out to employers? 
How to respond to a job opening/application  in Germany?
Can anybody share a covering letter sample ?

Appreciate your time on this.

This is a very general question. The Internet has many sources with information about how to find a job in Germany. This forum is among them, and certainly not the worst. Did you read some of it?
A JSV is of course helpful (it's a pity it's not available in your country), but does not guarantee success. More important are matching skills (especially those that set you apart from EU citizens, who must be hired first, by law) and above all German language skills (you did not mention what your level is here).
In a cover letter and your CV (which ideally are customized for each appliocation) you should explain what you can and will do for the company. Basically, you must convince the reader that it is in his/her own interest to hire you. This isn't easy and often requires much reding between the lines, online reserach about the company and job and  guessing what they might really want or need.
Good luck!

I just saw that you are from India. JSVs are available to Indians - and in fact they are the biggest group of JSV holders. So please try again to contact the embassy. It may take some patience to get an appointment.