Does anyone on this site have true knowledge about my concern?

Hello everyone... I'm a Nube. Just registered a few minutes ago. My main concern is that when I plan on moving to Chile I will be a 40 year old lady. I look younger, but I know CVs must include a photo, your date of birth and some other info that Canadian resumes don't require. I have years of finance experience specifically with reconciliations and analysis. I've been advised by family back home that it will not be hard finding work there and that I could teach English on my free time, However, does anyone on this site have true knowledge about my concern? And approximately how much could I earn in CLP? I do not have a university degree, but I have a business school degree and 10 years of experience. Thanks! Jasmine

Hi there

I can tell u that with your experience and qualifications you will have no problem finding some well-paid job specially because of your mother tongue....and the pay should be around 1 to 2 million chilean pesos...though it can vary depending on how high you aim and how well you sell yourself, I dont work in the area but being a business english teacher I do know the profile of that line of job positions and also being fluent in spanish is gonna go a long way. Regarding teaching english, you could do it but these past years institutes have been trying to hire english native speakers with teaching degrees and or certifications so it is not like years before when just coming here and being native in english could secure you a job really easily. Dont be afraid of a country like Chile as I can assure you is the best country and city an european or american citizen can land on, once you get here you will get what Im telling you...you will feel home as soon as you get the non-southamerican vibe this city has....and we as chileans are a lot less "latino" than the rest of the countries....believe me, it is a good thing and you wont want to leave. Best of lucks for you and just go for it,  you wont regret it. 😋

do we have Canadian expat group / watsapp group for expat living in Chile ?