Looking for Agent/Lawyer to help with purchase of home in Morocco

Hello,

I have travelled to Morocco a couple times and have fallen in love with it :)  I currently live in the US and have found a home that I would like to purchase in Morocco.  I have contacted several US based law firms that specialize in international real estate law as well as a few law firms based in Morocco.  No one seems to be interested in returning calls or emails.  Can anyone please recommend a reliable firm to help with this process?

Thank you,
Jerome

If you are in Morocco and have already found the property, then you can deal directly with the owner, no need for lawyers, agencies or the like.

Shak you do need a notre bro you cant just buy property from a shop and pay over the counter.

"Notaire" you mean. Thank you for the condescending remark.
I always thought you could buy properties from vending machines in convenient stores.
If the person has already found the property, knows the owner, why the need for a real estate agency.
Now that I think about it, the notary and paper work is not the real problem for a foreigner.
Going to the "conservation fonciere"( the office of the land registry) double check the Title "titre foncier" making sure the person selling the property is the same person on the title.
checking for any  debts on the Title.(titre foncier). These things could be tricky for a foreigner.
Yeah, better play it safe and get legal help or a trustworthy local.
almost everything else is taking care for by the Notary.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Free promotion of your services is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Jerome

I'm your neighbor on the north...Canadian.  I see the comments are personal and not a way to introduce you to the market as a buyer.  If you are still interested, I can be off help.

Cheers
Sheedar

Hi,

In which city you are going to buy? most important is to do the transaction through a certified notary and transfer your money from your foreigner bank account to the notary bank account so you have trace of the real estate transaction, let him check all the documents for you before you sign. all the documents are in French or Arabic but there are certified translators to assist you or translate the documents.

Good luck!!

Hafid
Real Estate Agent

Hi Folks.  Thanks for all the replies!  I have received some good information and contacts via PM as well.  I will definitely be contacting folks who have offered to help :)  I will post all of my findings as well as details of the process here so other may benefit. 

Thanks again, and I'll be talking to some of you soon :)
-Jerome

Here's a good answer.
Thank you M. Hafid

Most welcome!!