Should I Report Retail Dishonesty?,

At Mercury I emailed them for a price on a generic prescription and they quoted a price, then the store provided my son (my prescription) with an way more expensive brand. Saying they didn't have it. A second email to Mercury got no response. . . . . Sometimes its hard to shop around when the website shows a product & with no price. . . . . . . . . .S&R shows brands on their website they don't stock.

W9XR wrote:

At Mercury I emailed them for a price on a generic prescription and they quoted a price, then the store provided my son (my prescription) with an way more expensive brand. Saying they didn't have it. A second email to Mercury got no response. . . . . Sometimes its hard to shop around when the website shows a product & with no price. . . . . . . . . .S&R shows brands on their website they don't stock.

For us shopping around involves showing up at brick and mortar spots.  Not unusual to go to 4 different places until we get everything we need at a price we are willing to pay.  Have had little luck on line or by phone, people just try to get you to their shop and then let the negotiations begin.  Being an Americano does not help.

Probably your circumstances are quite different than our. We live in Pasig City (metro Manila) We don't have a car here (in the states we had a Lexus SUV). I would never attempt to drive here it's just nuts.
My wife & I are both seniors (me going on 77) so tricyles & jeepneys are out of the question, we only use Grab. So going place to place to compare is difficult.. . . . . . . . . . . .Now for an unrelated problem. I use a mail forwarder in the states. My wife uses & needs a Neuropathy Rub (off the shelf) which we brought from the states. The only place we can buy her brand is from Lazada for $55 us. I ordered six of them from Walgreens at $17.99 each, from Amazon 1000 baby aspirin and from Sam's Club Krill oil. All shipped to my mail forwarder (arrived in 2 days). They repackaged it & sent it via FedEx Air, a couple days later it was in the Philippines. Customs has been holding it since December 3, today is December 19. Between FedEx & Customs (who never answer their phone) & now I'm understanding the Philippine FDA needs paperwork.. . . . . . . . so anyone asking about relocation to the Philippines I say lots of luck.

In Ilocos Sur we can take a 25 minute bus or van ride into the provincial capital, Vigan.  Once there we do a lot of walking around, have many banks and retail places in short distances.  If we are buying large quantities of rice or other foods we have a nephew drive a van my wife purchased 3 months ago.  I will not drive here either, would be dangerous for me and the other drivers.  The nephew has no other work, is a good driver, takes us on family trips.  Last one we had 21 people in  a 15 seat van.

We take "Grab" to S&R, Landers & SM Mall for our groceries. I would like to move at least 100 miles from Manila so I can drive and not be dependent on anyone. Now we take one of my stepsons. We have a house in Pasig City & my wife refuses to move  (family house from her parents rebuilt from the ground up by us). When I watch the drivers in Manila it's like watching the Indians jamming themselves on a train.