New members of the USA forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi, I'm Edwin from Ghana. I lived in South Korea for 5 years to learn the language and pursue my undergrad and now work in Albuquerque, U.S after completing my masters here.

Hi Leigh here. I am looking to move from SA to Oregon USA.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sure

Hi, I'm Chandra from the US (Seattle, WA).  My husband and I recently visited the Netherlands, and fell in love.  We will be able to retire early in about 7 years, and we are looking into the possibility of living for an extended time in the Netherlands.  We would even love to becoming Dutch citizens, but from the little research I've done, it seems nearly impossible. 

Does anyone have advice on how we would go about living abroad without moving there for job purposes?  Thanks for the help :)

Ukraine is a great place to move to

Hi, Seeking an opportunity to move to FL, but SC would do, too:). After reading some posts here and other sites I've been quite confused because some people who managed to move to US telling how terribly expensive everything is for non-US citizens and some people are just telling how great it is to live there. I also got the feeling some people have managed to move in even they didn't fulfill the requirements you can find on us. gov pages.
So, is that because they have used the right words on their applications, pulled the right strings, or what are the stories behind that?
Would love to read your story and anything helpful tips are appreciated.

Hey there! Nice to see you.

hi there

anybody living in Minnesota?

Hi I am a newbie.
From Australia currently living in California. Looking to hear from aussie expats about their settling in stage. I want to go back to Aus as my kids are struggling to settle in.

Hi,
Im Ashani originally from Sri Lanka,moved to Cary,NC,USA in 2015 with my working husband. I'm a stay at home mom with two toddlers. Currently I live in Pittsburgh,PA. I've been living in Manchester,NH too. Life in USA is so far good.  I write a food-blog called "The Devour Diaries" in WordPress. Because I'm a food enthusiast.

I worry about settling permanently here(worry about gun laws and bad Healthcare system,long processing time for visas etc) and on the fence of deciding go to Canada or give some years to this beautiful country of the USA. That's why I'm here.

Thank you.

Hi,
I am Zuhair Hanif from Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I love to travel around the world. I would like to share my travel experience through this platform and I also want to learn from the member.

Hi!
I'm an English as a second language teacher in Puerto Rico looking to relocate to the US.

Any other fellow teachers with tips and insights??

Wish me good luck!!🍀

Hi. I'm from California. :)

Hi I registered today and live in California. Is there anyone I can connect in Chennai? I will be visiting Chennai next month.

Good luck! Which part of US?

Good luck! Where in the US?

Hello. I'm George from Bucharest. I move to Las Vegas, and I am very interested in the Romanian community there. I'll spend a year working at unlock plus. I hope that during this time I do not get too bored through the area. Ciao!

Hello Priscilla!

I'm a newbie for the Netherlands, I was a bit confused at the beginning. How can I change the country?

Thank you

Elena

Hi:  I'm Candie, new to this site and wanting to participate and comment on some of the postings.   I live in Florida and have been since 2011.  The "gypsy" in me now wants to move on to a Latin country like the Dominica Republic (where my grandparents are from).  Not sure where to settle for 1 year with my cats....any suggestions as to a safe and beautiful spot?

HI:  I have a place in Delray Beach, Fl. that I'd like to rent fully-furnished for 1-2 years!  It's really nice too.

HI there:  I have a furnished villa in Delray Beach, Fl. that I'm looking to rent out for about 1-2 years.  It's really nice too!

Hello, I am designer.

Hello FAM,
My name is Alex Ireri from Kenya (Embu County) I recently graduated from the University with a Bachelor's Degree in International Relations and Diplomacy (with Information Technology). I am quite good at house skills. I am seeking a job as a house help in the USA. I can do most cuisines, clean the house, can do laundry and most other house chores.
I need a kind and honest employer should I be lucky. I am peaceable.
I would appreciate offers of between USD 500 - USD 750 per month. (Negotiable)
Thanks all. I look forward to being in the USA soon. Thanks

Reason : Free advertising is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you

Hi! I'm Alessandro Pasqualetti, from Italy. I'm trying to leave my hometown forever and move to US, looking for a fresh new start, alone, possibly with a job in some tech related field, or music related field. I've studied classical music and multimedia, i can play several instruments but more importantly i'm very passionate to anything that is technological, especially computing from logo desinging to photoshopping, going through coding and software testing. If there is any chanche for such a job anywhere in the west US, that'd be great!

Hi! I'm John from France.

I'd like to live in LA to get more opportunities for my music as an aspiring professional musician and songwriter. I'm looking for a permanent job that could get me a regular income to stay as long as possible.

So I would like to get a H-1B visa to be able to work and perform my music on stage.

I also would like to thank all the people who created this place to share and exchange about our experiences and dreams of leaving for the US!

Hello everybody :)
I am currently living in Las Vegas after coming from London, my parents are originally Tunisian. I am a lecturer and a life coach , I would like to ask about safe residential areas in New York and at the same time close to the ocean, thank y~all . Pinka

Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you

Hi Everyone.

i'm Rajat. I'm an Indian national who's been living in Bahrain for the last 11 years and i'm moving to USA in August 2018! I work in Finance.

Thanks.

Moderated by Anas 5 years ago
Reason : I suggest you to post an ad on the classifeds section

Hey everyone! I'm Silja! I've already been living in the US for a while, did my orthodontics residency Michigan and now moved to New Orleans for work...

Thanks alot FAM! I intend to visit the states someday as an international Registered Nurse and I am keenly looking forward to as much help as possible for my final induction.

Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.

Hello Everyone. I am from India currently in Houston Texas.

Hi everyone!

I'm new here! i live in Philippines and planning to work in USA but it's kinda hard for me to get a job there.

Hi there! I'm living in Southwest Florida and am looking to live abroad and teach English to children!

:) As I also ........Just starting search and considering Cambodia...

Hello everyone!  :cheers:

I'm from Denmark originally.
I grew up between Denmark and England, when i turned 19 i moved to Texas USA.
Since then i've moved to New England, which i don't love but i'm making it work.
I've been in the USA now for around 5 to 6 years.

I'm so excited that i found this website and to meet you all. :)

Hi
Good to meet you here. I will be in sydney on the 13th and was hoping to meet yall to have a little mert and greet and also re invent one of our ild programs called GREETINGS FROM ABROAD. Please let me know if this ok and hall can participate

Closed