New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

I am wondering if we have any members living in or near Chiang Rai who I can meet up with to have a chat and give me some views about the living in Thailand both good and bad.

Hi
I'm Lee from Perth Western Australia.  I'm planning on retiring in Phrae in about 4 years when I turn 60.  I will be drawing on my superannuation then the aged pension when I'm 65.  I would like to hear from people who have experience dealing with Centrelink regarding living overseas on aged pension.

Hello everyone,

I'm from Singapore and I'm currently staying in Pattaya. I have had previous work in Interior Design and should you have any opportunities, feel free to drop me a message at *** or *** (Singapore).

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi everyone! I am currently living in Bangkok with my boyfriend, and want to make new friends in here, as far as i miss my friends in my hometown. Hope to find soulmates who like to hit the gym, travelling, talking and coffee) :)

30y Dutch guy arrived in Bangkok last month. Here to find new friends! Check my interests in my profile and send me a pm ;D

Would welcome hearing from parents with an English-speaking child in an affordable ($10K - $12K /yr) school that gives the US diploma (SATs, AP courses) in a family-friendly environment. Prefer to rent a furnished place and not own a car. Need stable internet. Thank you!

I have lived in Thailand for 17 years, 7 in Bangkok and 10 on Phuket. I was a political journalist and editor and producer in TVNZ and have had a long career in journalism, corporate management, PR consulting, capacity building, moderating and editing.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you

Hi,
I am Florin, currently living in Alberta , Canada and b need some feedback for moving to Thailand.
Thx,

@Ffdish17

I suggest you read through the poss on the Thailand forum as there is information there for you to read.

Ok,thx

hi all :)
i'm  thinking of relocating to Thailand short term at first then who knows?
life is too short to keep doing what i'm doing now! The "rat race"and no direction., so organizing to take a leap of fate. This( website) is first step.! maybe premature because no plans in place yet but looking forward to "the unknown"

thought was to travel then decide. All i know i i would like a place not too isolated and good  wifi would be a must have.
Goal is before end of 2018.
Until later !

Sawaddee ka  guys im Jam ( or Jammy)  i just joined to meet new friends and for future business partners so nice to meet you guys

HI Davowoldo,
Whats cha am like for a long stay me and my wife are both from the uk but are looking for a long term place to stay over the uk winter.

hi
Iam Tienie my husband is Neels. from south africa
Neels is retired -Iam still teaching nursing at a private hospital. we are thinking to make use of the retirement visa to stay in Thailand for some time. we love Samui and Bangkok the most.
on this forum we hope to find out about finance, do's  and dont's, housing , all that we should know for a change like this

Hello, I'm Pon, I am currently a college student in Chiang Mai.

I've been living in Chiang for 3 years. Before i lived in Chiang Mai i was in New York for 9 years. I can speak both English and Thai. So if anyone is looking for information on tourist attractions or in need of a tour guide in Chiang Mai, i can provide the service. Or if anyone needs specific help or information about anything in Thailand i can provide the help needed also.

Hi my name is ross I have been in koh samui 6 yrs built my dream condos land company name condos builder and my name only when complete partner in land just say get  out 3.5 years later still trying to get it back while trying to survive is anyone here have same problem

Wow Koh samui!! Awesome i wish I could live there for a month!!

I've had the usual collection of gold diggers, always middle aged thai women. They are so obvious in their approach that you cannot help but laugh. I  fell in love with Koh Phangan .Samui was beautiful 30 eyars back. now its just a tourist haunt

Hi. I'm  Amirah, I've just signed up. I'm from south Africa. I have been to Thailand on holiday and absolutely fell in love with the lifestyle. My dream is to teach English in Phuket.

Hello, everyone, I'm pharouq. I actually moved to Chiang Mai from Chiang Rai for my research last two months, I have been quite anti-social for these past few months and I told myself it got to change. I am here for the same reason many of us are; friends, happiness, laughter and the great feeling of belonging to a community and  I hope I do find it ..cheers to you, my future good friends.

My​ ​name​ is​ peter​ 50.years​  old​ from​ ​south​ africa​ and​ planning to​ ​move​ to​ chiang​ mai​ perminantly​ in.​the​ next​ few​ years​ and​ need assistance with​ visa​ info documents​ etc

Hello
Working internationally is all new to me.
I have been offered a position teaching in an international school @ 135,000 baht (salary and housing).
Is this considered a good salary?
If traveling alone, what lifestyle can I expect? I want to make sure I am not scraping by paycheck to paycheck.

this is interesting. i've never tried or done any of voice over or recordings but i'm interested. i'm living in bkk

Hello Bangkok Expats!

After many years of travel to SE Asia, and just coming off three months of travel again, this time Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, China and Vietnam, I am staying in Thailand on a 90 day visa until I finalize my retirement visa.  I have a nice temporary hotel apartment for now, and am finishing up some volunteer work in Vietnam.  Will be back to Bangkok June 15 and looking forward to meeting some new friends.

I'll check in in a couple of weeks. Warm regards to all.

Jack

Hi
OK so I have been blocked and I cannot reply to people who have contacted me. Today I sent out 3 messages that were the same and suddenly I was blocked. If I had known I would not have done this. Please can someone unblock me so that I can answer the messages that have come in.
Thank you for your help.
Kind Regards
Ken Wilson

I assume that this forum can also be used for moans and groans. Well I have contacted a number of South Africans and they have replied. I have gone back to them using the same or a similar message also suggesting that they contact me on my email address and guess what, because my response is similar (by the way not one reply is copied they are all typed individually by me so there is no spam). I have been blocked. So what do we do now?? A response from the leadership team would be appreciated. Kind Regards. Ken Wilson.

Because you have sent out similar messages the system has deemed it to be spam.

Admin cannot reactivate your message system, only you can.

To reactivate your message system you have to post a number of times on other sections of the forum with helpful, informative type posts. Once you have posted a number of times, usually 5 or more, your system will be reactivated.

If you wish you can contact admin by clicking on 'contact us' at the bottom of the page. The terms and conditions of membership are also there.

Hello

I'm Alessandro  32 from Italy , i just moved to pattaya for work,

I hope i can find new friends and some  good tips for live in Thailand

Hi, I'm Ken Wilson. Been in Thailand 4 years from South Africa. Contact me on *** and we can chat further. Regards. Ken.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hello,

I'll be in Bangkok next week, planning to move and start a business there in Thai.
My skills are Italian wine, crypto, real estate and organic market(bio).

Looking for interesting partnership and investors, If you have good skills contact me.

I'm 38 entrepreneur from north Italy.

Best regards,

Michele

Hello, I do not speak Thai actually and I will be there just for few days this time.
Anyway should be a pleasure for to have you for a drink in Bangkok.
Let me know if you would like it. I like to meet local people for exchange ideas about expat/work etc.
Greetings,
Michele

Hi, Julien,
My name is Barry, I am a 69-year-old male. I have just returned from my second visit to the Chiang Mai region. I fell in love with it on my first visit and the second even more so. I have asked many people here in Australia what I must do to please both the Australian and Thailand governments for me to retire in Thailand. All I seem to get is "fill in the appropriate papers. I want to know what and where to get these papers.
If possible Julien could you send me this information to my e-mail address ***  as I seem to lose where I am on this wonderful expat.com pages.

Kindest Regards
Barry Tewes.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

@Barry343

Please check out the many informative posts on the subject matter in other threads on the forum.
You would be advised to post this elsewhere as this is a thread for introductions.

Hey yall, was nice to find this joint. Not in Thailand yet but soon...

Hi, all!

My name is Alexander, originally from Ukraine, came to Bangkok like 3 weeks ago from Shanghai (China) where I have spent nearly 7 years working as a project manager.

Wish you all a wonderful weekend and best of luck

Hi all,

New on this forum but living in Thailand ( Bangkok ) for almost 2 years to date. Thus far I've enjoyed my time in Thailand and met some wonderful people from all corners of the world.

Hailing all the way from Cape Town ( South Africa )  with a bachelor's degree in Development and Management with Political Science and Law.  I'm ready and feel it's the correct time for a different career path besides teaching language/ English at a school, and I feel this forum is a great platform to get advice and maybe an employment opportunity in a different industry.

Anyone that can help me with a work opportunity will be really appreciated. I am more than willing to send my resume to those future employers, which will give you/ them insight about my work experience, skills and qualifications.

Hope all of you like me had a great time thus far in the land of smiles. I am looking forward to hear from from you soon.

Best wishes to all,
Ivan

Hi Davy

I don't like to be rude! Did you travel to BKK on February the 13. The flight from Dubai to BKK and you took the the 22.15 bus to Pataya?

Regards

zino

Barry343 wrote:

Thank you for your welcome note.

Hi,

I just moved to Chiang Mai yesterday from Jakarta. Looking forward to meeting people, making friends and getting to know the city.

Hello,

I'm Kelly and I just moved to Chiang Mai in early July. I am a teacher and single mom of 2 children from Florida. We spent 3 years in Indonesia and 6 years in China before coming here. We are ready for our new adventure here, loving outdoor activities, good food, yoga, studying languages, our labrador and making friends. Hope to meet some new friends soon!

Kelly

Thankyou for your welcome. My plan is to move to Bangkok initially and possibly going to Khon Kaen later. It largely depends on the cost of accommodation and being close to a good hospital as an older person
I also want to meet other expats if possible as i have no contacts in Thailand. I only speak english but i am learning beginners Thai language.

Closed