New members of the Sri Lanka forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sri Lanka forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sri Lanka if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all,

I am not yet an expat, but I am looking to Sri Lanka as a place to potentially start a business in the travel and tourism industry.

The information available on the internet regarding the specifics of starting a business are conflicting and unclear. I would appreciate any information you could provide that could help answer some of the questions I have.

I look forward to connecting with you!

Hi All
it is nice to be back. I would love to engage with Expact activities here in SL. could someone please share me some info.
Thanks a lot. Have a good day.
Chamila n May

Hi,
i'm not an expat but would love to provide assistance to those who are, So here I am. I would love share my ideas here and help those in need

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,
We are thinking of buying a holiday cottage or building in Sri Lanka. Our interests for Sri Lanka were created by the multiple visits and an adopted sister from Sri Lanka. The relaxing and beautiful places that often only know the local inhabitants and can only be reached by boat. The friendly inhabitants, the different cultures and faith that goes together super. And the Arrack and the place in the jungle where it is made.haha

Hi, My name is Nimal, currently i am living in Canada and running a heating and cooling business in Toronto. I am planning to start up a business in Sri Lanka.

Julien wrote:

Hi all,

Newbie on the Sri Lanka forum? Dont know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sri Lanka if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I think if you want know about in said of  Sri Lankan really life please try to read a novel name of Beach Boy . you can login page on FB .. Beach boy novel hunter of beach tourist .

Hi. My name is Kenny and I have just joined the forum. My wife and I have been to Sri Lanka several times are are giving serious consideration to either moving there permanently or just spending the winte there. We have travelled throughout the country but have a slight preference for Kandy district. Several years ago I spent six weeks with a family staying in Kandy town. We both love nature, meditation and pure veg Sri Lankan food....and cricket!. We are not materialistic and would be looking for a two bedroom dwelling in a peaceful location. Thanks for accepting me.

Hey All,

I am a Sri Lankan, hence cannot consider myself as an expat, however have lived abroad 30+ years. Looking to setup a small shop, and was hoping I could get some guidance on mandatory requirements etc. in relation to this venture.

Requirement snapshot:
Very limited import requirements
40 sqm space required preferably near a school / hospital / passport office (Battaramula)
Probably 2 - 3 staff required to begin with

Cheers, Dilan

Hi all..
Im living in Australia looking to move to Colombo or Kandy. I've sent my CV to all the hospitals in both cities to obtain an employment offer as a Sterilising Technician as thats what Im qualified as. Will be following this thread closely to pick up any information on making this happen as I have no idea how to move overseas!

Hi Carrie

Please send the CV to Private hospitals Asiri, Hemas , Nawaloka ,etc. You can get more infor about these hospitals from internet. Do not send CV's to the Government hospitals. Also there is local websites include such job opportunities. Please contact me if you want to clarify more. My mail is ****

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

i am an old man of 70 years. other than that i have no value

I am sure you have!

Hi All,

I'm Chamil and I've been in Australia for 10 years. I am originally from Sri Lanka. After around 5 years on a bridging visa I am finally a permanent resident.

I currently work as a Financial Planner and have noticed how expensive retiring in Australia is becoming.

I have a property in Sri Lanka which is listed on sites like Airbnb and is managed by my parents. I am wondering if there is a demand for Australians looking to live/retire overseas.

If so, what are the most important factors/concerns?

I have already identified issues such as access to social security benefits, healthcare, visas etc.

Any insight or experiences you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Please also let me know if I can be of any assistance to you.

Cheers

Chamil

Hi Im new try to start a business in the tourism industry.  Anyone else out there looking to invest in Sri Lanka.  lets connect.

Hi
My name is udayamali
Living in Colombo -Sri Lanka which is a destination of lots of natural beauties
I have a colonial type house in down south more than 100 years old for you to start travel n tourism business
If interest please reply as i need a good investor
Regards
Udayamali

hello everyone im new here in this forum.im here in kuwait now and im planninng to go to sri lanka by next month to attend the wedding of my bf brother but there are certain things that i dont knw how in going there like the requirements so if anyone here have an idea pls can u share it with me.thanks

Hi Edelyn,

It will depend on how long you will be staying. You might find useful info on the following site.

https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/ … cale=en_US

Cheers

Chamil

thanks

Hi,

I am Jane. Due to work I will living in Colombo for the next five months and would love to meet people and make some friends.

I am searching for some social group opened for the people who come from all over the world to Colombo.

or maybe I can join to some social meetings... to have a chance to make new friends from many different cultures and backgrounds.

Looking forwart to your reply :)

Hi,

My name is Lisa. My husband and I, and our two kids, 7 and 10 years old are hoping to spend about a year in Sri Lanka. We all fell in love with the country when we spent our vacation therein the beginng of this year .

Our goal is to buy a piece of land in the south and build a small hotel. Currently we are trying to gather inforamtion both about buying land, construction and well.. just living i Sri Lanka as an expat.

I would love to get in touch with anyone who have similar thoghts or experience on the topic. 

Look forward to get to know you!

Best Regards

Hi,

I'm Lisa and a 23 y/o student from Germany. I study Rescue Engineering in Cologne and I will do a 5- month internship semester in Colombo at the National Building and Research Organisation starting on October 1st this year.

Does anyone know of cheap, furnished accomodation for students in district 05? Like Flatsharing, roomates ... Gratefull for any information!

Looking forward to start my adventure in Sri Lanka

Best regards,
Lisa

Hi what would you like to know. At least I will be able to direct you to the sources from which you can get information as you wish to know. Thank you

Hi - I stumbled across Sri Lanka  when I was I was youngster one dreary soggy Winter in a Geography lesson at school where a textbook showed the lovely all year round temperatures.  It was from then on my ambition to visit which I did in 2001 to watch the Cricket and generally be a tourist. Most impressed by the country and people as was Arthur C Clarke!  Have met Sri Lankan friends living in the UK via the cricket circuit. (claim to fame - met and chatted to Arivinda de Silva)

Now thinking of selling up and moving to live there - no commitments here in the UK and researching what's involved - Just want somewhere peaceful and simple & cheap near beach or lake/reservoir - then have a motorbike & pushbike to get about, and spend my time painting, working on designing websites (so wi-fi essential), reading and exploring the island at my leisure.

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please post your offer in the jobs section. Thank you

Hi me and my husband would like to open a small bar or guest house in Sri Lanka the information on the internet is not very clear. I am from south Africa and my husband is from France if anybody can provide us with information it will be  very helpful.

Hi friends . Im roshan . Live in sri lanka, colombo. Visiting regularly kandy.
IT Professional. Like to know few expat investors. Please read my profile.

Travel and Tourism industry.
IT sector.
Agriculture.
Aquarium.

Hi! I am Tony Samaraweera living in Galle Srilanka. I was in the tourist bussiness, I sold my hotel in 2003. I am 56 years old I like to help someone coming to the trade. You can reply me to my email (*****) regards. Tony.

Reason : for security reason, please exchange your private contact via your private message system. Thank you

Hi ! Lady Ansie. I have send you an email. No reply.... have you gaveup your idea. If not write to me by email.    *** .  I sent my lawyers email too. I hope I can help you. Wishes Tony . From Galle  Srilanka.

Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you

Moderated by Alexia 5 years ago
Reason : Please post in the classified section. Thank you

Hi All
I was born in Sri Lanka, studied in Mount Lavinia until 12.

Grew up and based in London all my life.

Work in IT: Advisory & Delivery, on assignment in regions including  Europe, NY, HK, SG, Tokyo, Dubai, north Africa and Mauritius. 

I enjoy sports, specially cricket and rugby.  West Ham fan. 
Sports cars,  socials  bars and music, specially when live.

Dad to a 13 year old ..growing up too fast.

Plan to spend more time in Sri Lanka ....slowly building on a small plot of lakeside land in the South.

what kind of help would you do ?

Reason : please post your ad in the housing section. Thank you

Reason : please post your ad in the housing section

Hello RajAbey! I am Tony live Galle. 56 years old. Married I have doughter and a son, both of them studing in the univercity. I well experience free man and a nature lover. I have 16 acres land in Kitulgala witch I want to make as a nature reserve. I wish if we could be friends thanks. Tony.

Hiii, I Niloshan, I'm a new Member.  :)

I'm an Engineer I'm working in colombo, Srilanka. I married and have 3 years kid too.
I am looking for a buyer or investor,
I have Beach and Lagoonnear by Land in Trincomalee, (East part of Srilanka.) with clear documents. Immediate sale.

Hi, I am working in Sri Lanaka, I am looking for a buyer or investors.
I have several beach side lands

Closed