New members of the Spain forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hello All

My name is Elliott, I’m 23 from the Isle of Man and moving to Murcia at the end of December, I’m trained as a mechanical engineer/ toolmaker and I’m moving to be with my other half. Any one who is up for a chat to practice language or some advice on finding work out there is greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the tax residency rules

If one MOVES to spain they become tax resident immediately and then liable to tax for the whole of that year on all income worldwide. That can also apply to CGT on say selling the family home in U.K.

In your case to be on the safe side I would not register on the EU Citizens Register (often wrongly referred to as residencia)  until after 1st January

Hello my name is Ana. I have moved to Alicante from Australia this year. I also am looking to find friends for coffee.

Thanks very much for that bit of information John, so what is different about residencia than the EU registration?

RESIDENCIA applies ONLY to non EU Nationals.   EU REG  applies only to eu nationals

Of course depending on Brexit, Brits may we’ll become non EU.  If that happens Brits could find things a lot more difficulty to be allowed to settle in Spain

Just one example.  Non EU nationals at present need around 27,000 per year income to qualify as residents

Thanks for the insight John.

Hello i am new to Spain expats , we are thinking on moving to Spain but are a bid puzzled with all the paperwork regarding taxes and buying a house. Anyone from Canada who could help me out with info on all the process  i have to take is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Bonilein :

Hello i am new to Spain expats , we are thinking on moving to Spain but are a bid puzzled with all the paperwork regarding taxes and buying a house. Anyone from Canada who could help me out with info on all the process  i have to take is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Hi,
I have the same problem, all i know is that if u stay more than 3 month , have to apply for residence, and u can buy property easier, u have to talk with a realtor.
As for taxes, u have to pay taxes where your permanent residence is.Good luck
Florin F., Ab, Canada

As I understand it anyone can buy a property all you need is an NIE.    That is purely a fiscal ID number and anyone can apply for it.    It does not confer any rights bit is a requirement to carry out any financial transaction, open a bank account, buy a property etc

As a non EU national one needs to obtain RESIDENCIA.   There is a lot of info re that online

On the tax question.    That is governed by an agreement between Spain and Canada.   This may help

http://www.treaty-accord.gc.ca/text-tex … ;id=102340

Hi Florin  First i want to say thank you  for the information  i am planing to go to spain next year just to see wot i can  see . and yeas i was born in romania  but now that i am retaired i would like to o back to europe  now i see your name and i am tincking  maybe you ar from romania to  because of the  name Florin . But it doesn t mater if you ar not  i am glad at least now i know abaut the   axes  i apreceate very much .and hope we can talc more in the future . By the way my real name is BONO but i had to put more lethers  on that name bicouse i couldent sin in . So  thank you again  till next time  I hope you enjoy your time in Spain

Bonilein :

Hi Florin  First i want to say thank you  for the information  i am planing to go to spain next year just to see wot i can  see . and yeas i was born in romania  but now that i am retaired i would like to o back to europe  now i see your name and i am tincking  maybe you ar from romania to  because of the  name Florin . But it doesn t mater if you ar not  i am glad at least now i know abaut the   axes  i apreceate very much .and hope we can talc more in the future . By the way my real name is BONO but i had to put more lethers  on that name bicouse i couldent sin in . So  thank you again  till next time  I hope you enjoy your time in Spain

Hi Bono,
I am originally from Romania,  but live and work in Edmonton since 1997 i speak to u in English as not sure if forum rules allow a different language.
We intend to retire early and move back or do snowbirding to Europe, Spain or France, but my wife preffer Spain, so we r looking to Costa del Sol.
I might go and check that out on next spring, however if u want to go that area and interested in properties, i am working with a realtor from Marbella, u can talk with him if u want.
chipintaci
Florin

I can not help you on that, but if you need anything else from Spain, let me know. Where are you going to be leaving? Spain where??

I am from Spain, I live en Alicante and Madrid, I used to live in the US. Anyone English speaking from Australia, the US, England, SouthAfrica feel free to contact me, we can do exchange language

from Canada no good? :D

Hi everyone we are Roy & Helen from the uk looking to move to sax Alicante in Jan 2019 with our 11 year old daughter.

So any mums out there with children would be good to hear from.

Also any help, advise on removals, lawyers even estate agents would be good. We are looking to rent first until we find the property we want to buy. Any suggestions would be great.

Roy & Helen

Hi florin  da si eu sint aici di 87 si acuma sint pensionar si nevasta mie din Germania deci nemtoica              Jeh we are planing to go back to europa  next  year so hope to see you there too.   We have the same thing in mind  but i was afraid just abaut the taxes so i guess i have to find out that better on my own next year when we go there.   So how is your Spanish cous  i am learning everyday a bit but iven if is so similar to our langvich  is still not so easy.
0k then talk to you next time
Hai sa ausim numai de bine chao  Bono si Heidi

Hi Meli
Hope you doing well theses day!
I could take you to admit in a free Spanish course

Hi everyone ,well we ie me my husband and our 2 daughters 7 and 11 are moving out to live and work in torrevieja at the end of january we are all so very excited to start our new adventure im hoping to get some advise and as much help as possible with a job for myself and finding the best schools for my daughters xxxx

Hi,

I'm a refugee from the UK weather and am renting in Alicante which is great so far.

Am also in process of getting NIE and residency docs for intermediate term i.e. more than 90 days less than 183 ?
I may look at buying house out here later but will see how things are after the UK/EU situation settles down (assuming it ever will that is)..

Anyway enjoying the dry climate and exellent sunshine in meantime.

Hi there,
I am moving to Guadalajara this Christmas. I would love to meet any friends to do language exchange or learn Spanish.

Thanks
Myles

Myles.  May I suggest you check your tax situation.    I give that advice to everyone moving to spain.   Thinking they know the Spanish tax rules could be an expensive error

You may find it is a mistake to MOVE to spain before the end of the The spanish financial year (31st Dec).

Come in December,  but maybe do not DECIDE TO MOVE here until after 1st Jan. That could mean you may legally avoid significant tax liabilities.

Hi,

My spanish is ok , i learned by myself, with the taxes dont see any problem unless u have serious income, which is not my case, just a small pension, and i just might to do a snowbirding thing, becouse the health care, which in Alberta is free and solid, bye, Florin

Estimados amigos,
I'm so glad to have found this forum!! I'm in the process of obtaining Spanish citizenship thru their offer  to Jews of Sephardic descent. My great grandmother was born in Istanbul, and I was raised in a mixed sephardic/ashkenazi household. I'm now retired, living in New England, and planning on moving to Málaga - at least for the winter months. My wife and I are both fluent.
I have tons of questions about life in Spain, from customs to legalities (I hope I don't become a pest). I'm also happy to share what I do know about the process I used, or anything I can help you with. Thank you all in advance!
-- Phil

Hi everyone, welcome to Expat.Com

@ Phil722,  Feel free to read the several threads of the Spain forum, if you don't find the information you are looking for, make sure that you create your own thread to post your queries.

https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi John Car,

Thanks for sharing that information, that is good to know.

Regards,

Myles

Hi Bonilein,
I will be applying for the non-lucrative visa in Toronto. Which city are you in? Apart from the extensive paperwork, I understand every consulate has their own sub-rules about income/savings requirements,  getting an apartment lease contract in Spain before applying, etc. I would therefore appreciate hearing from applicants at the Toronto consulate, which could help us both. We could also compare notes on our progress through this process to ensure our application is correct.
Thank you,  -nowretired

Hello,
I am looking for someone who can practice Dutch with 5 year old son.
We have been living in Holland for 3 years.
Thanks in advance