New members of the Qatar forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Dear Mohammad

welcome to Qatar ,feel free to ask about what you would like to know about Doha hopefully I can help you

have A great day .

best regards.

Hi Reeja.
How are you ?
I'm Richa.
Nice to meet you here !

Almost 3 years in Qatar.. Get in touch

thank you, friend, i'm looking for a job right now, maybe one day we can meet there.
best regards.

that was kind my friend :) thanks alot

Hi all,

My name is Hawa and I will be moving from New York City with my cats, later this month. I will be working with Qatar Foundation. I have never been to Qatar before (although I've heard good things and have been to neighboring countries) so I'm excited to venture on this new journey. I'd appreciate any advice y'all can offer in advance of the move as well as being kept abreast of social events/meetups :)

Hi Hawa

Welcome to Qatar!!
Good luck in your new venture
Many things to do in qatar
Specially if you like Outdoors, dining and social events.
My advise is for you to relax
And also for your cats there is pet friendly apartments at west bay and pearl.
Looking forward to see u soon in Doha:)

Thanks, ironman. I appreciate the insight. How long have you been there for and what do you get up to?

thanks

hi ,
i am amrutha. i got an offer from hmc qatar after attending a local interview in qatar.
im an RP holder of qatar. my husband is the sponsor. the initial offer letter i received is mentioned as overseas contract. but now they changed the contract type as local & reduced the benefits like housing & ticket as i am having qid. if i cancel and exit from here any chance to convert this recruitment as overseas? or after joining if anything happened to my husbands job can i change to hmc 's sponosorship? will they provide the benefits?

Am Memory Mawire from Zimbabwe.Currently am teacher and have been teaching geography and humanities at high school since 2007.l am aholder of a bachelor of arts degree and apost graduate diploma in media and society studies l do not know where l can fit with those qaulifications but l really want to be in Qatar for work oneday

Hi everyone
we are running a weekly meetup to socialize with new people and to practice French-Arabic-English conversation, people interested can join us on what's App group (PM) to meet every Monday evening from 8 pm to 10 pm in different locations in Doha.

Hi Hawa

I have been in doha for couple of years.
an architect working in construction sector.
looking forward to see you soon.
please check your inbox

Hi guys.
My name is ehsan from Iran.
I am a programmer and project manager in Iran for 6 years.
My skills :
Dot net programmer
Mvc programmer
Domain driven design
Design pattern
SQL server
Database design
Virtual machine
Load balancing
Cloud computing hyper v
I want to be better in programming

Hi dear friend
I am a programmer can I find a job in Qatar?

Reejarzac wrote:

Hi All, I am new here, have been living and working in Qatar for the past 3.5 years. I am an Indian and would love to make new friends specially to know different communities and nationalities.

My name is Reeja Rachel Zachariah and I love Qatar for its serenity. Have a great day all !!

Hi reeja...My name is Shajanas, Hope everything ok at back home...keep in touch

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tony USA, been living and working in the GCC and Middle East region for many years, UAE, Kuwait, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Africa, Iraq and Afghanistan and now will challenge Qatar. Overall, I enjoy meeting various people and I'm very diverse in cultural. I'm looking foward to being friends and we can help one another get with our adventure and transition in or out of Qatar. My plan is to work a few years and then settle down back home in Florida.

Best Regards,
Tony

Helo everyone,
I'm a newbie here as well as to Qatar. I'm from the southern state of Kerala in India. I'm here on visit and searching for new opportunities and hopeful in landing up with a job in the coming month. My interests are nature, animals, yoga, meditation and of course automobiles and technology. Would love to make friends across all walks of life, communities and countries.
Wishing everyone all the very best in life.
Warm regards,
Rashid

you are very lucky to get opportunity with a great organisation. Qatar and Sidra, you will enjoy working here. soon you will get the remaining details about your travel plan as the process takes time. Best of Luck!

Hi,
This is Saleem from India,
Working in Qatar as a supervisor since 2013 and continue..
Alhamdulillah I'm happy working in Qatar,
Thanks for all the things I got from Qatar..

Hello,everyone! Happy to join with u. I am a soon to be staff nurse of HAMAD in medical department.

I really have a very important concern.

I have a 1 year old baby and still breastfeeding.

My concern is: I need to bring my family in Qatar with me not later than 1 month.
Could you suggest any possible way to make it possible?

Thank you very much!!

Hi everyone! It's so great that such a forum exists!
My name is Piotr and I'm an archaeologist (BA and MA) and an emerging conservator and restorer of works of art (I'll have an MA diploma in few weeks time). I'm planning to move to Qatar.

Probably see(read) you soon on the Forum! ^_^

Am Naomi Njeri from Kenya... Looking for a job in Qatar... Kindly help me to get one

harishbhatia wrote:

Hi All,

I have been in Doha for 4 years now and just looking to expand my social network.  I work in technology and anyone interested for a chat hit me up. Thanks!

mr Harish, it seems we have some relevance, i am an IT graduate student who is currently seeking some job opportunities in qatar...may areas of qualification is networking( R vs S), and security,
are there any employment chances for these categories of IT?
I would have appreciated if you reply me back
thansk in advance

Hi I'm Liz from Sussex in the UK, I'm a teacher ( High School) and my partner Stephen is a Seniour Finance Business Partner for the UK Gov  We are visiting family here in Qatar and love it! We are in our mid fifties and thinking of trying to find jobs and mover here - a couple of questions, firstly which are the best recruiting firms? Secondly will our age and lack of legal marital status make this impossible, we can fix the marital status but not the age!! Thanks for any advice

Hi ..Great welcome to Qatar.Have a blessed stay

Hi ..Ok are u working

Hi Liz

you can login in to following websites for employment

Gulftalent
Bayt
Indeed
Monster
Linked

Goodluck and best wishes!!

Hi Mynao,

Create your cv on the above wesbites.

these days jobmarket is slow
but still there are jobs in the market

Hello everyone.
Happy to be here :)

Hi AngeloJohnson > can you please introduce you a little bit more as indicated in the title of this thread? Thank you

Hi everyone, i am Shyam. Currently working in Dubai as a cyber-security Engineer and waiting for my offer letter from HMC. I think this forum will highly help me to get some good professional connections.

If possible, kindly check my recent posted request, and help me with some suggestions.

hello reeja

Hello all.  I currently live and work in Florida, USA as a I am a flight paramedic.  I am hoping to live and work in the Middle East in a couple years.  I would like to know if any one knows anything about flight paramedic contract positions in Qatar.  Thank you in advance.  Erik

Hello Rashid,
How are you?
I hope you did find a job in Qatar. If so, how do you find it here?
Regards,
Richa

Hello Everyone,
I actually might be going to Kuwait for a position. For some reason the site didn't have an icon for it. Has anyone in this forum lived there?

Hello

I am thinking of working in Doha, a friend of mine recently returned.
I am a mixed race western woman and I am wondering whether you think I would be treated differently to other western women because of my appearance?

Any advice welcome :)

Hi Sine,

In Qatar there is no discrimination for western women. Western women are entitle for higher salary because there nationality. Discrimination and racism every part of the world. We cant eliminate 100%. But in qatar its very less coz locals are educated and respect expats unless other gulf nations.

However if you come across any racism or discrimination, you can always report on the issue and police will take strict actions against offenders.

Good luck in your search.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830276

Thanks!

Closed