New members of the Philippines forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please post your job offer in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Brad u mention that u do well for urself so once ur married u & ur wife could look at buying a block of land in a good location eg near a university or close to the city center.As time goes by ur future wife will find employment & with two incomes u could save enough money to build a block of apartments/condo's,as u mentioned u are a long way from retirement so with two incomes comeing in u could save enough money to build around (8) apartments/condo's & once complete u can retire in comfort & if all goes well retire well before retirement age & enjoy urselves in CDO.U can also visit different fantastic affordable places in the roughly 7,000 different Islands that make up the Philippines.I don't know ur likes but there is absolutely world class dive sites if u decided to take up Scuba Diving & very reasionable prices for dive coarses & lovley dive resorts at the right price.U may enjoy hiking & again there are world class hiking places everywhere + exploreing massive under water & land based Caves to explore & enjoy,there is white water rafting right in CDO itself & I enjoyed that sooo much,what a adrenalin rush that was.I could go on & on but that is only a suggestion or option re building apartments/condo's & I where in ur position & age bracket I would make that my number 1 GOAL.Study Research & listen to those more experienced members of this forum.Yes it's a lovley place but u will also see the dirty untidy squaters,the begger's & alot of different things u will have to adjust to & at times u feel like pulling ur hair out in frustration but in the Philippines u MUST LEARN PATIENCE.Good Luck Mate.

Sorry I ment to say ''Crystal Ball'' not silver.

HI newbie to the site. Going to Manila September 1 . Going to stay 59 days spend it with my gf.

Thank you. My name is Grant and packed up my life in Sydney to move to Manila on Sunday to be with my partner is a PH National.
I am on a 30 day tourist visa and have no job.
Consulate told me I can extend tourist visa for another 30 days.
I have been on all recruitment sites already - are there ones you recommend or any contacts or communities I can join as I don't know anyone here.
I am a professional however will take and job. I can't stay here without a company sponsoring me correct?
Thanks for your help.

You can stay in the philippines for 3 years on your tourist visa...being in manila you can renew it for 6 months at a time...you will also need to apply for your tourist card

Hi I am Grant.
I packed up my life in Sydney to move to Manila on Sunday to be with my partner is a PH National.
I am on a 30 day tourist visa and have no job.
Consulate told me I can extend tourist visa for another 30 days.
I have been on all recruitment sites already - are there ones you recommend or any contacts or communities I can join as I don't know anyone here.
I am a professional however will take any job initially.
Any opportunities or direction would be appreciated
Thanks for your help.

Thanks Aussieguy - what site do I use for your advice below?
Thx

Hi, I am Likami and new in the forum. The intension is to stay in the Philippines indefinatly

Hi everyone,

Armie here just came back last March, I have lived in Cyprus, Turkey
and recently visited Morocco. Now Im living in Taguig City, just trying to find some activities to keep me busy all throughout the day. But  I'm working on my online business selling stuff. Hope to find some friends here to get along with, business opportunities or part time jobs.
If anyone knows just drop me a message...

Hope you enjoy your stay in the Philippines. It's more fun in the Philippines.... Mabuhay!

Thanks and have a good day

hello everyone is anyone here looking for  personal assistant or part time cleaner? Please message me 😊 thanks

try BPO company.

Hi All,
I just found and joined the forum today. I am leaving the US and heading for Cebu this Summer. The plan is to stay long term but, I don't know where exactly. Still have some scouting around to do.
I really like Cebu and the convenience but, the traffic and the air quality is pretty bad. Internet isn't a whole lot better either. One almost needs redundant carriers to stay online.
Anyway, I'm glad to have found this forum and I am eager to learn as much as possible from those who actually know.

Tim

Hi all!

My name is Morgan from the U.S...Tennessee specifically.  I will be moving to Quezon City, Philippines this August and could use some advise on work from home jobs if possible and groups of friends that may meet on occasion when I'm there. 

Thanks in advance

Hello there,

I  am new  here

I just arrived in the Philippines and I  am planning on  staying  here on a  permanent basis.

Can anyone help  me with  the  process?

Thank  you

Hi, I'm Brian and I am half filipino and half taiwanese and I am currently living in New Zealand since 2006 and planning to move to Philippines next year. :)

Hi all,
We're moving back in November and excited about living in Cebu again.  Looking forward to meeting a lot of new people once we get settled.  My family is John, Julie and our son Buddie.

You can extend you tourist visa for up to 3 years, or if you get married you can get residency.

try butuan city, its not that far away, has decent internet as long as you stay under bandwidth,

air polution not so bad. and I navigate on a motorcycle safely!

Hey Gordy,
My wife is Filipina and we were married in Cebu in 2012.

awesome!

I ran into a brick wall trying to get married in Philippines because of prior divorce so we will marry in australia then get the residency here.

Hi im an aussie also and we will be arriving in the next few weeks would love to chat and get info!$

I understand if you were trying to get married in a Catholic Church.  We found someone who would marry us.

the problem was that my exwife was filipina too. even though my divorce is valid in usa, the clerk here wanted to be an ***. so, rather than pay thousands to have a foreign divorce recognized we decided to do an end around and bump the system.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : pay attention to your language

Hi all, I'm 24  years old boy from Indonesia.
This is my first time came here, now l live in Makati.
I quitted from my job in Indonesia to find a new one in here.

lucasjed wrote:

Hi all, I'm 24  years old boy from Indonesia.
This is my first time came here, now l live in Makati.
I quitted from my job in Indonesia to find a new one in here.

What do you bring to the Philippines which made you believe you could quitted from  your job in Indonesia and find work in the Philippines?

Hi, I'm Jason, I'm a software engineer currently living in Silicon Valley. I graduated Brown University with a degree in Computer Science, and I worked for Apple, Raytheon, and a number of startups over the past 10 years, and I'm excited for an opportunity I've received to help a tech startup in Manila. At the moment I'm still in California, but I'll be moving out there mid-October. I've visited Manila earlier this year and got to meet the team and CEO of the company I'd be joining, and they're all really great people. I would also like to meet some people outside of work — expats and locals — and make some new friends. My interests include software development (mainly mobile games and iOS), drawing, video games, music production, video production, and spelunking. And food is also fun (I plan to do a lot of recreational eating in the Philippines). I'm a fan of all things rice, egg and lechon :)

Would love to hear from you!

congrats and welcome here! If you get ready for the adventure side, look me up in Butuan City. The motorcycle riding near here is awesome!

New to the community, pleased to meet everyone. Hope to learn from many of you.

Hi to all!

My name is Marc, I´m from Barcelona, (no is not in mexico or south america) so I know nothing and now I´m based in Manila, Mandaluyong. I started renting condo 1 year and a half ago but most of the time Im traveling within Southeast Asia and middle east due to my work. Also within the archipielago. Im technical supervisor of one specific type of industrial machines...
Im going to buy a lot in Coron Palawan, under name of my gf because we all know why. We are 2 years together, she is a nice girl with good heart, we trust eachother despite we all know my economic situation helps a lot and blablabla. If one day we breake, she will let me stay in half of the property, 700m2 is big enough hahaha.
I was looking for some info to build Bahay Kubos and I endup in this forum, interesting.

My idea is to build up a wooden house/bahay kubo in the next following months. I will only involve family as helper workers (big brother only) after what I have read in other post... I prefer a "half" professional leading the little project than have future problems with relatives.
So here I am. Thinking in my retirement with only 40 years old, still years to go but time flies!. But better build our dreams and enjoy as earlier as possible right?
I will ask tricky questions when needed.

Thanks to all / Salamat Po

Marc242 wrote:

Hi to all!

My name is Marc, I´m from Barcelona, (no is not in mexico or south america) so I know nothing and now I´m based in Manila, Mandaluyong. I started renting condo 1 year and a half ago but most of the time Im traveling within Southeast Asia and middle east due to my work. Also within the archipielago. Im technical supervisor of one specific type of industrial machines...
Im going to buy a lot in Coron Palawan, under name of my gf because we all know why. We are 2 years together, she is a nice girl with good heart, we trust eachother despite we all know my economic situation helps a lot and blablabla. If one day we breake, she will let me stay in half of the property, 700m2 is big enough hahaha.
I was looking for some info to build Bahay Kubos and I endup in this forum, interesting.

My idea is to build up a wooden house/bahay kubo in the next following months. I will only involve family as helper workers (big brother only) after what I have read in other post... I prefer a "half" professional leading the little project than have future problems with relatives.
So here I am. Thinking in my retirement with only 40 years old, still years to go but time flies!. But better build our dreams and enjoy as earlier as possible right?
I will ask tricky questions when needed.

Thanks to all / Salamat Po

forgot to say I have a 750cc motorbike in Manila I use main time to visit clients and sometimes when free I go up to north in Pagudpud etc... I wish like to make a tour in Luzon, all coast. if someone wish like too, please let me know!
I´m also Padi advanced diver, if someone need a buddy to go diving, let´s schedule it!!
May I look desesperate to find someone but is not, after I have no time to do all what I want, is just that if it fits it fits!!

Hi members,

Glad to join this forum, thanks to the creators and admin.

I am a Filipino but currently based in Malaysia. I have been overseas for over 25 years and have set up businesses in Manila ( Luzon Province) and capital city, Cebu ( Central visayas and Davao ( Mindanao). These three places are key destinations for everyone to consider. There will be pros and cons. Depends on your long term plans and objectives. These cities are strategic hubs for amenities, travel and business considerations and RE safety and security, Davao tops em all. Cebu a close Second.

I would be willing to share input and recommendations.

Note - retirees should consider Davao, Bohol, Samal, Dumaguete

Cheers!

dear Darbed,

I'm in KL and  interested to invest overseas ...please give me more info about the investments in Filipine

thanks

Welcome and thank you Darbeds!!!

Have u heard of LinkedIn? 😉

darbeds wrote:

Have u heard of LinkedIn? 😉

I'm not sure who you are asking but yes, of course. :)
I have one but really don't use it much at all.

:top: my bad, this was meant for someone who posted he needs a job in the Philippines. Didn't think expat would be the ideal platform for job seekers.

Hello. I'm new here.
Welcome to the Philippines.
Enjoy your stay.

Hi and welcome

Closed