New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

For me, it's like my home.  Thanks and happy to have you here

Hi. I'm Silvana. A lawyer living in Kenya. I run my own law firm at swkadvocates.com. I will be glad to be of service.

Hi, I am  definitely not an expat but looking forward to engaging, learning and helping in this community. I have found myself regularly helping expats figure out some of the intricacies of Kenyan law that might affect them in a simple way.

Hello, my name is Eunice

Hi All, Just joined.
I am a Psychologist working in the field of Addictions and mental health. Great  to be in the forum

Hello Julien!

My name is Michael. I am from Kigali,Rwanda. My wife moved to kenya 2 years ago to complete her Masters in Internal Medicine in Nairobi.I have recently joined her few months ago. I look forward to learning more about what I need to know to secure a good job for myself and my Wife in Nairobi. I am a digital financial services professional , but also have experience in ICT and financial inclusion. Would love to chat with others living in Nairobi! Feel free to message me.
Thank you!

Michael.

Jambo

I have just joined as I would like to know more about living in Kenya - The Coast, to be more precise.
Currently in the UK, however I want to retire to a sunny clime, and the lure of my birthplace is calling!

Once Africa is in your blood, no other place will suffice.

I appreciate Kenya has changed since the days of my childhood!  lol.....
Holidays spent at The Coast were always at Nyali, with visits to friends who lived at Vapingo.
Fond memories of Mtwapa Creek Ferry crossing - long since gone! 😉
I see "gated communities"  seem to be the safe option.  I presume this is the case at The Coast as well.
Although I would dearly love to return home, I have 3 dogs to consider and would never endanger them.
Are there any places, which are perhaps deemed safer...ie South of Mombasa?
The other factor is a woman on her own.  Would this potentially present a problem?   I'm not concerned about "PC" - much rather know if it would be an issue.

Asante sana......
Gabrielle

Hello,

I just spent 5 weeks visiting Kenya, doing volunteer work and visiting family. I hadn't been there in 13 years. It was so lovely being back that I want to move there. I'd like to secure employment in a field such as communications, marketing or advertising. I have 6 years' experience as well as an MBA.

Thanks,
Dorothy

Hi All,

Newbie to the platform but i've been in Kenya for four years. Curious to know what the experience has been like for other expats and hopefully compare notes on some of the common challenges. Would be great to meet new people and make friends along the way too!

Cheers!

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : promoting freely your services is not allowed on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Veecaz,

Nice to see your msg here. Iam Victor from India and presently in Nairobi with tourist Visa. Iam having 20 years experience in Sales & Marketing (Various segments). Please share if any openings in Kenya with your reference.

Thanks in advance..
Victor

Hi, I am William.

I am not an expat but would like to be of assistance to expats. Currently, I am willing to offer accommodation and avail my car at reasonable price to my guest. Have a spacious house with plenty of rooms available.

I will also offer to be a tour guide especially for someone who would love to enjoy and experience Nairobi from the perceptive of a native.

I have plenty of room available and a vehicle at your disposal with a driver on standby. Feel free to get in touch.

Hi

I'm Paul a 26yr old visual and material artist born and bred in Nairobi Kenya. I'm primarily a story based portrait photographer but once in a while delve into other genres.

I also refurbish engine blocks into beautiful and bespoke coffee tables! :)

I'm currently looking for avenues to collaborate and share my works.

Reach out and connect oh kindred spirit(s) out there! :)

Cheers

Paul

Hi,

Thanks for your message. We are couple looking for a furnished accommodation for monthly rent. Pls send your contact number : ***.
Regards
Victor

Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. If needed please share it via your private message system. Thank you

Hey hey karibu Y'all let's make this thread active!!!

Hi Dorothy Am glad you enjoyed your stay in Kenya. Could you kindly link me to any volunteer programmes in Nairobi?I am a graduate ( Bachelor of Arts in Hotel and Tourism mngt),6 years in the hospitality industry and 3 of those was operating a start-up business that I recently had to let go of coz of the harsh economy. I would like to switch fields and explore other opportunities my email ** ...Thanks

Reason : please use your private message system to send your contact. Thank you

Hi, please shar ur number or pls call me at ***

Reason : please use your private message system to send your contact. Thank you

Hi,

I'm Felicite. I'm from the DRC but currently live in Australia. I'm planning to move to Kenya later this month to do an Internship and just hoping to meet some new friends before then.

Hello, my name is Emmy research assistant. I joined these group to try and locate anyone who might have known my late sister who passed away in Lahore in 2005.
Currently am staying in Kenya. Am available for any advice one might need.

Hello, my name is Emmy research assistant. I joined these group to try and locate anyone who might have known my late sister who passed away in Lahore in 2005.
Currently am staying in Kenya. Am available for any advice one might need. Am a Kenyan citizen and a believer.

Am interested to if there's a vacancy.

Dorothy2804 wrote:

hi everyone,this is Dorothy,24 year old and am a resident in Kenya.I have been having this burden in my heart to start a charity organisation to help the less fortunate achieve their dreams and ambitions.Looking for people who can guide me on how to go about it.

Thanks in advance,
Dorothy.

Hello Dorothy, what kind of charity. If you managed any vacancy. Looking for a job.

Hello all.

I'm Hanif, a photographer & aerial cinematographer, from the US looking to relocate to Kenya. I have 10+ years of experience working with top brands, companies & agencies producing content for films, documentaries, magazines & NGO's to deliver visual messages that are palpable, powerful and generate sales that are scalable & reproducible.

I'd love to find a place in Kenya where my skills can be an asset & surround myself with a team of individuals that inspire, encourage & grow together producing innovative visuals & content.

I'm looking forward to corresponding with anyone that I can be of service to & also with any individuals who may have leads on opportunities & jobs in Kenya.

All the best. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to correspond.

Hello Paul.

Glad to find you on here & excited to check out your work & find out more about life in Kenya & how life as a creative in Kenya is.

Please advise & let me know what opportunities are there for an American creative such as myself.

Continue creating & I look forward to hearing from you. All the best.

Hi! I'm Yess.
I'm Dutch (Netherlands /Holland) and here with my husband and kids.
In Februari 2018 we moved to Nairobi, Kenya. Before our move, we've lived in South Africa for almost 3 years.
We are traveling because of my husband's work. With two kids: 12 and 10.
We live in the Karen area and would love to meet others who live here. Looking forward meeting you!
Kind regards,
Yess.

sanogee wrote:

Hi All,

Newbie to the platform but i've been in Kenya for four years. Curious to know what the experience has been like for other expats and hopefully compare notes on some of the common challenges. Would be great to meet new people and make friends along the way too!

Cheers!

Hi! Where in Kenya do you live? I'd like to hear more of your story.
Kind regards, Yess.

HI

My name is Corlie and I will be moving to Nairobi with my husband, who is working partly in Nairobi already, during October 2018.

I am from Johannesburg, South Africa and I am looking forward in getting involved in community projects and exploring Kenya.

Greetings, how is South Africa. What part of community development are you interested in.  Enlighten me please.

Hi Emmy

I don't have a preference. Can you give me examples of projects I can possibly get involved in?

Corlie, the best project are find in the rural.  I will find out and get back to you.

Hello. My girlfriend & I are looking to move to Kenya in the coming months and would love to know how your experience has been living in Nairobi.

Any tips & things to share that could be useful for us to know as we prepare to transition to Kenya.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, how are you? We've just arrived in February, but did some investigations before our move. You're welcome to send me a msg.
Where are you from?
Good luck with the preparations.

Guestposter52 wrote:

Hi, please shar ur number or pls call me at ***

was this for me?

Could anyone kindly link me to any volunteer programmes in Nairobi? Or hospitality jobs?I am a graduate ( Bachelor of Arts in Hotel and Tourism mngt),6 years in the hospitality industry and 3 of those was operating a start-up business that I recently had to let go of coz of the harsh economy. I would like to switch fields and explore other opportunities any help will be appreciated.Thanks

I and in the same situation.

Hi All,

I am a Zim national living in South Africa. Would like to move to Kenya as an expat. Work in projects space as a project manager. Last place of work was for a bank here in the insurance sector. Looking for opportunities and guidance.

Thanks

Tendayi

Welcome! When are you planning to move to Nairobi? Feel welcome to ask any questions. We've also moved from South Africa to Kenya.

Greetings to all, for those coming to live and work in Kenya, get in touch with your embassy's first. Kenya gorvement is not issuing any work permits. This is because they are fighting corruption. If you don't have right papers be careful. Crack down is serious.

Habari,
Mimi ni Althea. I am planning to move to Kenya with my family within a year from now. I just came back from Kenya after a very intense and exciting month of field work. 
Currently, I am doing my masters in Geography of rural areas- change through Globalization.
I hope to make friends here both expats and Kenyans as I prepare my relocation.

Closed