New members of the Kenya forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Kenya forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kenya if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Julien , i am Mostafa from Egypt, i am here in Kenya since 3 months ago, i am working as a researcher in Agriculture science and Assistant Lecturer in Cairo University, I am here in Kenya for join research in an Kenyan University. i like to meet with new friends here in Kenya, even i like to join a volunteer Program :)

Kindly Check One African Child you can volunteer with us. Then inbox me thanks

Hi, I am currently completing my MPH in International Health and Development and I am hoping to move to Kenya in the summer. I am interesting in working with or in the following areas: = at risk youth, HIV/AIDS, or disaster management. If anyone has any leads on job openings...please share!

Thank you in advance :).

Hello Julien, my name is Tyson. I am from South Florida, USA. My wife and I plan on moving to Mombasa in a few months. I look forward to learning more about what I need to know to secure a good job for myself and my Wife in Mombasa. I am an audio engineer, but also have experience in hotel Management and maintenance. Would love to chat with others living in Mombasa! Feel free to message me.
Thank you!

hi, i know of an opening that would suit you. Apart from what you are interested in, its a project to help in lifting the living conditions of families in poverty, and for those in need of help through health, education etc  as its only by lifting families that we all can grow and be at peace, if you are interested let me know.

Hello to everyone

My name is Ian and I'm very excited to be a part of the Expat.com group especially now I am in a position to move to Kenya next week 1st March 2018.

After exploring a recent employment opportunity as a printing consultant I'm now all set to make the leap and leave the cold weather behind in UK

Going forward I'd love to connect across all aged groups. I'm a very young 47 lol , I love portrait photography as a hobby and general keep fit . Would love to try Yogo on Sunday s my day off lol.

I'm very sociable with a very caring nature and hope to join the few or many on my arrival as we go

Kind regards

Ian

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Proposing or promoting your own services ??
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

Looking at moving to Kenya next few months, year.
Working in UK, establishing smallholding in countryside.

Hi Snowmoon I'm moving on Saturday to Kenya good luck with making your own plans . If I can help once I settle drop me a line I'll be in nairobi.  Moving from Northamptonshire

Thanks for the message,

My plans have taken a while things are slow in Kenya!. I try to keep away from the cities - love the wilderness, writing and art making.. Juggling my work in the UK. May seek a role in Kenya..  Best of luck with your new job

Hi
I'm a little worried about city life long term so I can understand your positioning out with your creative side

Thanks again it's time to pack my bags  lol fly tomorrow

hope you settle well, sure the city will be fine i just have a real aversion to them, despite living in one of the largest in the entire world!. I'm a country girl, nothing seems to alter this.

I have experienced nothing but kindness and pleasantness form Kenyan people, the farther you go into the countryside this seems to be amplified.. have fun

Hi Julien, I am Betty I just moved from South Africa. I am here to look for work opportunity in Human Resources Management. I would also love to volunteer at an NGO. I am happy to be in expat.com group and hope to meet amazing people.

Hi , I am Evans I just moved from Rwanda. I am here to look for Business Opportunity in ICT Solution and AC installations. please feel free to contact me should you need any help. I am happy to be in expat.com group and looking forward to working with great people.

i am  kenyan looking for a job

Hello, am a Kenyan looking for a job in community development or social work..in Nairobi or any part of the coast that is Mombasa, Kilifi, Ukunda/Kwale and Malindi.
I will appreciate.. Glad to be here..

Hi all,

I'm considering moving to Nairobi. I will be bringing along my wife and 2 children (4 and 2 years old).

I'd like to get in touch with families with small children living in Nairobi to get some insight about the life in there. I'm worried about my wife. We are living in Dubai now and here she can roam around as much as she wants and I don't know if this is going to be the same down there.

Please drop me a private message.

Best,

Alberto

Habari,

I am Sydney and I am the President of an NGO. We are from Arizona and have lived in Tennessee and were raised in Indiana. Our NGO is Equipping People ~ Changing Lives . We work in small rural communities, one at a time to establish free schools and quality orphan care.  We also work with and mentor HIV pos widows. We have been in Kenya since 1999 and it is our second home.  We typically coe and go every 3 months but I am researching now a work permit. Any info or guidance on the process is really appreciated.  Happy to have found this site.

for a work permit in Kenya you need to visit immigration offices to be guided on the same and apply for one.

Hi ,

Saw your message in the expat .com. Would it be ok for me to inquire as to where your NGO operates in Kenya. The local community where i am based parts of the year could certainly use some support and the kinds of services you offer.
I would like more details if that is possible and if you won't mind my asking, i would like to get in touch with your organisation.

best

S

Hi all,

I've just joined the site having made the big decision to leave rainy UK and secure a teaching job near Nakuru. I will be moving out in August with my wife and 9 year old son. Particularly interested if anyone has had experience of importing a vehicle to Kenya rather than purchasing out there.

Tim

Hi everyone,
I'm a school teacher moving to Nairobi in July. I'm coming from Minnesota. Still seeking employment & also looking forward to exploring more of Kenya. Looking forward to being in touch w this community!

Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing section.

Bring everything including the car!

Hi shennessy, I am also currently live in Nairobi form more than 4 months until now, I really enjoy my life here :) , I am here for join researchers in Biochemistry of agriculture sciences, wish we can meet soon anyway :)

Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Please register your services in the business directory.

Leaving the car back home Carol! Still deciding abt the cat tho... I love the time I've spent in Nairobi but excited to finally live w my boyfriend & explore more of Kenya!

im a newbie here. lookng for to meeting new people

I can help im doing the same for myself right now. U can watsapp me on *** pj

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security
Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Advertising of products and services is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.

Hello Everyone!

I have come from India with work experience spanned over 15 years across locations like Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore. I have shifted to Nairobi 2 months ago and will be living here for few years.

I am looking for networking with people from diverse backgrounds who are willing to share knowledge and ideas and are fun to talk to. I am a marketer by experience and have worked with consumer durable, entertainment goods & real-estate firms back in India overseeing a range of marketing activities.

I am helping a company here to streamline its operations and expand through marketing.

I would love to become part of groups interested in movies, theatre, adventure, sports, spiritual exploration and start-up ideas.

Hi All,

Am a Kenyan visiting Australia and would like to learn more about the country. Will be traveling back early next month. I work on peace and conflict resolution, youth consultant and will be happy to visit some activities or NGOs here to have an insight.

Welcome to Kenya those who plan to move there.

Rachel

Hello Everyone

I am currently living and employed full time in the United Kingdom. I have just returned from a 3 month volunteering project in Kenya and would be interested in living and working in Nairobi. I have learnt some basic Swahili but am still very limited in this department. Are there many job opportunities available in Nairobi for somebody who cannot speak fluent Swahili?

I have a bachelor degree in Business and have work experience in customer service and administration.

Thanks in advance
Philip

Hi All,

We are moving a BPO operation to Nairobi.  I'm on a steep learning curve and will be grateful for any help that the expat.com community can throw my way.

Thanks in advance
Shaun

Hello,
I am new to to this forum. I currently live in the Uk and will be moving to Kenya in June. I wanted to to know if anyone knows about the st. Mary's international Academy in Spring Valley. Is it a good school? The Academic reports. The only reason I want to know is because of the commute to other schools in the traffic. This would be ideal for us. Thanks

hi everyone,this is Dorothy,24 year old and am a resident in Kenya.I have been having this burden in my heart to start a charity organisation to help the less fortunate achieve their dreams and ambitions.Looking for people who can guide me on how to go about it.

Thanks in advance,
Dorothy.

arpiqueras wrote:

Hi all,

I'm considering moving to Nairobi. I will be bringing along my wife and 2 children (4 and 2 years old).

I'd like to get in touch with families with small children living in Nairobi to get some insight about the life in there. I'm worried about my wife. We are living in Dubai now and here she can roam around as much as she wants and I don't know if this is going to be the same down there.

Please drop me a private message.

Best,

Alberto

Hi, Alberto,

Your wife should not be worry. I'm a hiker and go everywhere you can think of in Nairobi and have traveled to other countries for mountaineering purposes.
I also have my three grandchildren living with us ages 10, 4 and 3.

Life in Nairobi has been great for us.

Welcome to Nairobi!

Elizabeth

Nice your welcome in kenya.

Am glad you love it here.Enjoy.

Closed