Lives in Dubai UAE
Nigeria passport holder
planing to ve short stay visa of Ireland type C,
Any one with to help pls
May God be with u all

good morning.

i need to move there to get some experience that i can use in the future

Good Day

Myself and my boyfriend are currently exploring our options with regards to working abroad.
His family are in the process of immigrating to Ireland and we are considering making the move with them.

We are currently looking for couple positions.

My boyfriend of 4 years has his own business in South Africa, growing Micro Greens for Restaurants and has experience in Organic farming.

I am Currently full time employed as a General Manager for a restaurant and am a Qualified Chef and Pastry Chef, Pastry is defiantly my passion and area of interest as well as having 18 years of experience in Competitive Horse Riding.

We would love some pointers in the right direction to help us with our journey.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'd refer you to the IRELAND - WORK PERMITS post at the top of the Ireland Forum.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello!

My name is Pierre, I'm a Dutch/South African Dual National living in South Africa at the moment. I met my amazing wife in South Africa, and we are now looking at moving to Ireland soon (Hopefully within the next few months)!

(We've been waiting for proof of marriage from the local South African Home Affairs for a year already x-x).

I'm a senior software developer by trade :)

Nice to meet you all.

Hi Everyone,

My name is Janine Delport, I'm 39 years old and live in South Africa with my husband and Children.

I carry both South African and Portuguese Citizenship, but I am of Irish decent as well. My family and I are immigrating to Ireland next year, hopefully before the new school year starts.

I am a Training and Development Officer and I'm hoping to get employment within my field. Currently, it seems like most of the suitable employment for me is in Dublin, although due to the high cost of living there I'm hoping to find employment outside of Dublin. If not, I'll have to find a surrounding town where we can live and then commute daily.

Have a lovely day.

hi
every one . I want to move to Sweden for business .I need to buy takeaway or shop in Sweden or flat.any body can share some information.

Hello mirza baig 11,

If you are seeking information about moving to Sweden, I would advise you to create a new discussion on the Sweden forum, members will be able to help you out.

Alexia
Expat.com Team

Hello everyone, I'm Rossel. Born and raised in the Philippines but 6 years living now in Croatia and waiting for my Irish visa to follow my husband in Dublin.

Hi i moved to Dublin 2 weeks ago, and wanna make new friends, anyone interested? :)

Hello, I am 40F American, moving to Dublin in the spring on my own. I don't have a job yet but what I do is on the Highly Skilled Eligible Occupations List so I'm hoping once I move there to find one. 20 years ago (literally - almost to the month) I moved there on a student visa with stars in my eyes and rose-coloured glasses...also with no degree, no skills, and no money. Naturally, it didn't work out. This time around, as an ADULT, I can actually make it happen :)

I hope to meet some folks on here that have done what I plan to - move, job hunt, find a permanent place to live. I have no plans to come back to the USA. I am trying not to stress over the details (find a place to stay before I get there? What if I don't like it? Get there and hunt for a place? What if nobody wants to lease to someone who doesn't have a work permit in hand yet? Etc.) So it will be nice to hear how other folks did this.

Hi all
coming from Italy I own a Master in Science, an Executive MBA and a specialization in Risk Management. Working with companies in innovation and transformation projects involving the ideation, design and development of physical-digital or digital-physical products and related services.
I started end of last year looking for qualified positions in Ireland.
Visited the country many times even if since some years I didn't have the opportunity traveling there, like the people and nature, the energy of an innovative country.
Looking for positions in the major cities, I like especially the one on the Atlantic side, to start a new endeavor before settling with my family in the new location.
Will ask the community for some real life advice, hoping to have the opportunity to return the first hand experience advice in the near future.

Did you manage to find a job there

taffy202 wrote:

Did you manage to find a job there

Did you mean me? Have had an interview with a recruiter and with a company, waiting to proceed. Wondering if I need to invest time in a trip to meet others.

Greetings from a chilly Central America.
There is a cold front moving through today - a shivering 61 degrees 😎

My wife (Irish/US citizen) and I are 129 days away from relocating from the dense jungles of Belize to the urban jungle of Cork.  We have been living full time in Belize  since 2014 and are retired.

Through various forums and research we have overcome most of our planning challenges with the exception of accommodation and banking.

Looking for any suggestions on finding housing prior to the move.  We have contacted a few letting agents; however, the market turnaround being what it is, they recommend stopping in once we have arrived,  Same with the banks.

Any and all sage advice would be appreciated.

Looking forward to our next adventure ,

Cheers 🥃

CitadelDrive wrote:

Greetings from a chilly Central America.
There is a cold front moving through today - a shivering 61 degrees 😎

Its alright its 46°F in Cork today :)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Long range house hunting and bank accounts are always difficult in most countries; mainly because you need an address and some credit rating in that country.

For housing - find something like an AirBnB let for the first month, that will give you some time to find somewhere.

Bank accounts - it's not easy because international crime tries to launder money through what looks like normal bank accounts.  That said, some people are lucky and their current overseas bank has a UK/Ireland operation and they will open an account for them; apart from that, you will almost certainly have to wait until you are in the country.  When I lived in Belize, Barclays had a branch in Belize City, but that was a long time ago, it may pay off to look around.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830067

Thanks!

Closed